“Clean, charming, comfortable, convenient, dog & people friendly!”

Best Western Greenfield Inn
Ranked #1 of 3 Hotels in Allen Park
WI
“Clean, charming, comfortable, convenient, dog & people friendly!”
Reviewed April 6, 2011

This very well-located older hotel may have some peeling wallpaper, but is in fact one of the cleanest hotels we've stayed in, including luxury brands. It's right off I-94 at Dearborn and is less than ten minutes from Ford museum (Don't Miss It!) & 15 minutes from downtown, yet feels safe. What the gaudy pink exterior doesn't immediately reveal is a pets-welcome place to stay that is full service and friendly with attentive staff and indoor pool. Only miss on this visit was that indoor whirlpool spa in pool area was waterless/closed & pool itself too cold to be a satisfactory substitute...I would have liked to have known that in advance, & don't know when/if it will reopen.

Room Tip: Go to BW website & search all rate types
  • Stayed March 2011, traveled as a couple
1 Thank AARPWi

Traveler tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (87)
north coast
Reviewed February 28, 2011

Did a 1 month holiday through usa/canada. Stayed at everything from 5 star down. This place was at the very end of our holiday . On the way to detroit airport we noticed this place from the main road. We turned around on the highway and made our way back. The hotel was great and the whole feel of the place was homely. Massive room and high ceilings. For us it was great and had heaps of character.at half the price of most places we stayed at we definately rate this place as great.

• Stayed February 2011, traveled with family
Tarzana, CA
Reviewed December 23, 2010

Came into town for the holiday and had a wonderful trip. My kids loved the indoor pool and the rooms squeaky clean. The entire hotel was well maintained and neat as a pin. The pub O'Henrys was family friendly and the food was fantastic. My wife and I had a great time getting massages. We especially enjoyed the cookies in the lobby and we found the manager Dan to be a great host. Next time we come to the Detroit area we will be staying at the Greenfield Inn!

Stayed November 2010, traveled with family
Tryon, North Carolina
Reviewed December 7, 2010

This past Thanksgiving I had the opportunity to return to my hometown for the first time in over five years. My family is located on the eastside of Detroit and I usually stay in hotels on that side of town but on this trip I made a reservation at the Pink Palace. I was skeptical with being on the other side of town but after a few minutes from checking in I realized I had made the right decision on staying at the Greenfield Inn.

The entire staff was absolutely wonderful! From the moment of checking in until I checked out I was greeted with warmth, hospitality and well educated and trained staff members who took great pride in their jobs.

The room was quiet and extremely comfortable and lets just say the pool and dry sauna and whirlpool were the perfect place to help unwind the weary muscles and bones of my ten hour drive from North Carolina.

The travel time to my family's home was maybe five to ten minutes more than if I had stayed somewhere in Roseville or other eastside locations. The hotel is located at the prefect spot for air travel and just minutes away from downtown or any other location that you seek. The perfect place for the best kept secret in Detroit to rest your weary head. I know that in the future when I'm able to return to my hometown that I will stay at the Greenfield Inn in Allen Park and that's it!

The only thing that surpassed my stay at the Pink Palace was spending time with family and friends whom I haven't had the opportunity to be with in so long a time. You rock Pink Palace and keep up the good work! Thank you for making this one of the best holidays I've had in many years!

• Stayed December 2010, traveled solo
Oldsmar, Florida
Reviewed September 20, 2010

The hotel is older but the rooms are good with the four poster bed. They are a little tight since it is an older hotel. The guest laundry was a plus for us. They had a nice restaurant and lounge. We liked the location for a base for our Detroit visit. Especially for Greenfield Village and the Ford Rouge Factory Tour.

• Stayed September 2010, traveled as a couple
brockville
Reviewed September 3, 2010

This charming hotel was selected from your site, also by friends who live locally. We were attending the Woodward Dream Cruise, booked in for 2 nights months in advance since its a busy weekend for tourists. The hotel met all our requirements, the staff very helpful, the grounds were well maintained. Really enjoyed the pool that was open to lovely gardens with 3 gazebos that were nicely lit at night, to wind down after a tiring hot humid day. The rooms were good size, very clean with comfortable beds, and the large windows opened. The only item that was missing was the pool table in the Pub that was mentioned on the site. We look forward to staying there again, it was well priced for all the hotel had to offer, and it was easy access from freeway.

• Stayed August 2010, traveled with friends
Atlanta, Georgia
Reviewed August 9, 2010

OK--so I'm "picky". My husband and I travel alot, and the competition for hotels is fierce. We picked this hotel cause it was rated #1. I expected more. My first impression was not good. You drive into the parking lot from the back, and drive around the whole building searching for the lobby. When you get there, the walk from your car is less than appealing. The driveway is stained (clean it for Pete's sake!), and then you see people lined up smoking around the door. When you enter the building, the musty smell overwhelms you, and then you proceed through the dark lobby to the desk. Nothing special about he clerks. They do their job correctly, but almost by rote. The rooms (we had 2) were clean and fairly well decorated. The breakfast was included and it was acceptable. The beds were the best part. They were very comfortable.
Actually, if you stay in Allen Park near Henry Ford, go next door to Holiday Inn Express. We've stayed there before and it's better.

• Stayed July 2010, traveled with friends
Hampton Inn by Hilton Detroit Dearborn
Country Inn & Suites By Carlson, Dearborn
Doubletree by Hilton Hotel Detroit-Dearborn
The Dearborn Inn, A Marriott Hotel

Been to Best Western Greenfield Inn? Share your experiences!