“Nice Tex Mex Restaurant”
Review of On the Border

On the Border
Ranked #15 of 87 Restaurants in Allen Park
Cuisines: Mexican
Reviewed October 3, 2013

As I often do I had lunch at On The Border in Allen Park. This is a good casual dining establishment that produces nice tex-mex food. The chips have always been fresh and presented with Hot and Mild salsa both of which taste fresh and flavorful.

My opinion of the service is that it is very good beginning with the welcoming hostess who sat us on the bar side of the restaurant and continued with our server who had a great smile and very friendly demeanor.

I had a side of guacamole with my meal and it tasted great.

The food is very reasonably priced. I enjoy coming here and will visit again.

Reviewed September 14, 2013 via mobile

Had a nice meal here on an early Saturday evening. The salsa was too hot for me, but probably okay for most other people. The chicken taco salad was good (although there was not a lot of meat on it). The refried beans were great. We ordered a pitcher of sangria, and it was a large pitcher (I didn't realize that when I ordered it, and it was $20) ... Too much drink for just two people. Plus it has Sprite? in it-- do it was fizzy.
I sat outside which was nice. It was not too noisy. The service was good. I would return if in the area again.

Reviewed August 10, 2013

Occasionally go out to lunch here with my co-workers. I like that they bring every person their own bowl of salsa, so you don't have multiple people sharing the same bowl. The choose 2 or 3 lunch menu is a decent option. I have also tried the Chicken Taco Salad and was not impressed. The taco bowl was very small, had very little lettuce in it, a scoop of guac, pico de gallo, sour cream, and chicken. It was topped with a ton of tortilla strips. I kept thinking, "Where is the salad I ordered?" From now on, I think I will stick to the Pick 2 / 3 lunch option.

Reviewed June 8, 2013 via mobile

My boyfriend and I dine here every once in a while. I love their rice and their chips are nice and salty. Love their mango Margaritas too. Overall it's not a bad place for Mexican, it's a chain so it's not like going to Mexican town but it beats applebees when wanting something different lol

Reviewed May 28, 2013

The interior is very appealing with attractive stone walls separating dining areas, antique looking pots, southwestern art on the walls, tables have inset tiles and the music is not too loud. The servers are pleasant and attentive. Warm chips and flavorful salsa arrive at your table shortly after you are seated. I like that you can create your own combo with 2, 3 or 4 items, depending on how hungry you are. The grande taco salad is very good and all of the ingredients are very fresh and the plates are nicely presented.

1  Thank Veronica S