“Nice pizzas for a good prize”
Review of La Casona

La Casona
Ranked #2 of 37 Restaurants in Oruro
Reviewed March 30, 2016

Nice and cosy place, certainly if you go and sit upstairs. The staff is nice and the pizza's are really decent for Bolivian standards. Many to choose from and also possible to take away.

Reviewed December 29, 2015 via mobile

Well we (me and my friend) went to this place to give it a try. It's a small place and we had to go to the upper floor to look for a table we had to go through a very narrow kinda-spiral staircase only one could go at a time, anyway the guy who came to take our order was not very helpful (he was wearing a blue shirt that night if I recall correctly) in fact he acted like he was doin a favor to us just by being there. He left 'cause we were not ready to order yet (and I'm glad he did 'cause I was about to 'let him know how I felt' if u know what I mean) few minutes later a girl took his place ( gentle and helpul) and we finally ordered. The menu wasn't very rich in options (at least for me I'm a carnivore) so we picked a medium ham n cheese one. We waited around 30 to 35 min for it (that long for a pizza is insane not to mention it was hot inside and the place had no vents) After all we said : Hey! Maybe it's worth all that waiting, wrong! It was not worth it, very small, too salty, almost no cheese it didn't taste like a pizza. I wouldn't recommend it at all.

1  Thank LdDraken
Reviewed July 11, 2015

It was an ok place, too much cheese in the food and not the kindest of service. The prices are high too and they attempted to overcharge me which I let go. The place is average but good for a Bolivian pizza. Go for Govinda's instead!

Reviewed October 30, 2014

Very surprised that the pizza was as good as it was. Look not NYC quality but still very enjoyable and tasty.

We would eat here again

Reviewed April 28, 2014 via mobile

Pizza was pretty good, could have done with more than just a colouration of sauce. I was trying to decide whether there was any sauce on it at one point. Other than that it was pretty tasty, I've had some awful pizza bases in Bolivia but this one was half decent. Not sure where all the rave reviews have come from but considering the competition, maybe Bolivians are used to really crappy pizza as a standard.

No wine or beer, only Coke, Fanta or Sprite. Bit of a disappointment as I really wanted a glass of wine or at least a beer to go with the pizza.

The music wasn't really to my tastes as it was 90s pop (Britney Spears) or some romantic Latin American songs. Very happy it wasn't too loud so was able to block it out.

Opening hours for the evening are 1730 onwards during the week. Not sure about the mornings/lunchtimes.

All in all, would eat there again. I might be tempted to find some wine and bring it with me next time.