“I highly recommend this spanish school!”

Open Spanish - Day Classes
More attraction details
Owner description: Open Spanish Lesson provides high quality instruction for students of all levels and ages. Our goal is to create an optimal learning environment allowing our students to learn and fully enjoy their experience. All of our instruction is private one-to-one lessons with tailor-made curriculum to meet the needs of each student. Teaching is balanced between the areas of writing, reading, and grammar
Marseille, France
common_n_attraction_reviews_1bd8 2 helpful votes
“I highly recommend this spanish school!”
Reviewed March 25, 2014

With my girlfriend we spent 7 days in the school. We choosed private lessons, each one with a personal teacher (a tiny bit more expensive than group lessons).
We had only a week to really improve our spanish skills (after already 5 months travelling through South America) and we decided to take intensive private lessons: 4 hours a day - 2h in the morning and 2h in the afternoon - which were far from being horrible or really tiring.
Your teacher manages very well your motivation: depending on it, you will study some grammar points or only chat or both of it. They'll take you to museums or to the Central Market enabling you to practise your spanish and the new things you've been learning in the classroom.
They also have a range of activities throughout the week: Visit of a chocolate factury - with the tasting part, yummy! :) - cooking class in spanish of course where you'll be learning how to cook a local dish, sports ......
You can also watch a movie in a pub for free every night thanks to a pass that they'll offer you.

We participated at almost everything and we really enjoyed it!
We've learned a lot! We, for exemple, needed a teacher able to answer really specific grammar questions as we already could speak some spanish. We learned how to use all the different tenses: Imperative, Subjuntivo .... While we got to know really nice english speakers that were learning the basics such as the present tenses and how to survive in South America....

They can teach to all levels and answer your own speacial needs.
They stick to your timetable.
All the treachers are really nice, patient and good people.

You should definitly choose Open Spanish School if you're looking for getting better skills in spanish AND having a good time in Sucre!!

Thanks to all of you guys! ;)

Visited March 2014
2 Thank anais19du13

Berkeley, California
4 attraction reviews
common_n_attraction_reviews_1bd8 6 helpful votes
“Great people, great teachers”
Reviewed March 21, 2014 via mobile

My wife and I highly recommend choosing OpenSpanish for Spanish classes in Sucre. They cater to all levels and are extremely patient and capable teachers, on top of being incredibly friendly and good people.

We already knew some basic Spanish, and decided to try and polish our skills a bit over three days in Sucre. We each opted for private lessons, though slightly less expensive group lessons are also available. The teachers recognized our weaknesses and we spent three days polishing our skills with various exercises.

The school offers activities throughout the week for students, including a cooking class (in Spanish, of course) where we learned to make a traditional Bolivian dish.

Again, incredibly helpful and wonderful people. Definitely choose them.

Visited March 2014
Santiago, Chile
common_n_attraction_reviews_1bd8 1 helpful vote
“¡¡Maravilloso!!”
Reviewed December 22, 2013

Open Spanish in Sucre took me under their wing and supported me to learn in more depth the great language I have been studying for 3 years more or less. In the next classroom, a beginner was having just as much fun as me learning all of the present tense whilst I was trying to get to grips with the imperative tense! :)
To start with you will undertake a written exam (approx 15 minutes) in order to assess your current level and for Open Spanish to work out how to approach your lessons in the most tailored way. When you start your classes you will not be going over things you know well but instead learning more about what you don't know so well!

If that's not enough to persuade you to study with Open Spanish, there is always the price! At home in London I pay £27 per hour of private tuition. Here I was paying 40Bs which is about £3.80!!!!!!!!!!!

Still need persuading? Well, being able to speak fairly well allowed me to discuss with the owner what the objectives of the school are. Cintia (who was also my teacher, and a great one at that!) told me that she set up the school primarily to support the poor in Sucre where jobs are limited, opportunities hardly exist for good people and money is of course very hard to come by. I was truly inspired by the depth and meaning of the school. It has so much more to it than simply a place to learn Spanish.

Join Open Spanish during your time in Sucre and help them support the people of Bolivia whilst supporting you to learn the language.

There are plenty of extra curriculum activities such as cooking classes with a local family and a free tour to do too.

Thank you Open Spanish Sucre for an incredibly awesome time! :)

Matt

Visited December 2013
Providence, Rhode Island
6 attraction reviews
common_n_attraction_reviews_1bd8 1 helpful vote
“Like family”
Reviewed November 29, 2013

My fiance and I attended this school for a little over a month during our stay in Bolivia. My classroom experience was a delight, the teacher more than capable, and the lessons well planned out. In addition the school is located in a safe central area that gives you easy access to all Sucre can offer.

If you're planning on staying for more than a month, there is an adorable apartment owned by a delightful woman directly across the street that rents for a little over $200 a month, the staff are familiar with sucre so do enquire about housing before booking an expensive hostel for your stay.

The chief benefit to this school, is the staff. Their kindness and care made us feel as if we were family. They went above and beyond in helping us enjoy Bolivia to its fullest.

Visited September 2013
Bristol, United Kingdom
8 attraction reviews
common_n_attraction_reviews_1bd8 5 helpful votes
“Open Spanish for Absolute Beginners”
Reviewed November 25, 2013

Juan Pablo and Cintia are lovely people, who really care about their students. We learnt basic words and phrases which have helped us in our travels through South America. We had a visit to Sucre Central Mercado with our tutor, so we could practice what we had learnt. Also spent an amazing evening with all the Open Spanish family, making and eating empanadas in their own home. A great experience for both of us.

Visited November 2013