“Exellent place in sucre”
Review of Abis Cafe

Abis Cafe
Ranked #2 of 120 Restaurants in Sucre
Dining options: Late Night, Breakfast, Reservations
Description: Cozy coffee shop and restaurant at international standards with magnificent open air patio. Subsidiary from Abis Cafe. All we serve at Abis Cafe, we serve here as well, including lunches and dinners with excellent wines. We are mainly known for our irresistible hamburgers, variety of filet steaks, BBQ chickenwings, spareribs, meatballs in tomato sauce with Belgian fries or mashed potatoes. Everything is home-made. Quality, service and hygiene guaranteed!!!WIFI We are temporarily closed for relocation. However, we are attending at Abis Cafe on the main plaza, Plaza 25 de Mayo, #32.
common_n_restaurant_reviews_1bd8 1 helpful vote
“Exellent place in sucre”
Reviewed June 16, 2014 via mobile

Great food, great place with very warm owner. Dont leave sucre without eating there. They have best food in sucre.

Ystorms, Owner at Abis Cafe, responded to this review, July 9, 2014
This is a short message but to the point. We loved to have you with us and hope to see you again. Have a great trip.
Yves

• Korean first
Stuttgart, Germany
“Perfect for chilling with your friends while having ice cream”
Reviewed June 10, 2014

Try the oreo ice cream, the hot brownies (20 times better than in metro cafe) or crepe con frutas creama y helado. Reeeally tasty! Been there about 8 times already :D
prices are for gringos but still okay.
nice atmosphere, super central, but only for snacks. for "real" food go to abis patio.

• Visited May 2014
Ystorms, Owner at Abis Cafe, responded to this review, July 4, 2014
Thank you for writing such a nice review about us. We are so pleased to read that you love our places. Thank you for spending time with us.
“High quality food”
Reviewed June 9, 2014

I promised I'd write a review of Patio so here it is. I went one evening looking for a change from the bland South American food I had been eating and I was extremely happy with my choice! I had the very tasty chicken wings alongside a beef tortilla with a beer to wash it down. The atmosphere was quiet but for me it was perfect. Good music in the background, working wifi, the owner (a really nice Dutch guy) checked that everything was ok and also had a chat with me for 10 minutes.

I was so impressed I went to the Abis Cafe a few days later to try out their ice-creams. Again I wasn't disappointed with a strawberry ice-cream shake. This was one of the nicest desserts I had in all of my travels! The combination was delicious and if I had stayed in Sucre longer I would have got one each day for every meal :D Again the owner was there and he remembered me and said hello.

If you are a few days in Sucre, you can't miss either or both of these places for a very good meal.

• Visited April 2014
Ystorms, Owner at Abis Cafe, responded to this review, July 9, 2014
Thank you for your very sweet message. We all love it. There is a little comment to make though, I am not a Dutch but Belgian boy, hahahaha.
Have a safe trip.
London, United Kingdom
“Inconsistent food”
Reviewed June 6, 2014

Went there after reading good reviews in search for the tasty ribs and were disappointed. The good point was the service. Both waiters were super friendly and efficient. The patio is also lovely. We had a shared tapas plate as a starter that was nice. The ribs were disappointing. The taste was good, however they use some strange cuts of ribs for this dish. My portion was at least twice bigger than my partner’s. While his had nearly only bones and a little bit of meat, mine had one bone and quite a lot of cartilage. Such inconsistencies between the two portions ordered at the same time are unacceptable. At least in the menu they say that the ribs are only available on weekends, so you might want to keep it in mind if you go there for ribs during the week.

• Visited June 2014
Ystorms, Owner at Abis Cafe, responded to this review, July 9, 2014
I am sorry to read that you were disappointed about the ribs. All the ribs we serve have the same weight. We carefully weigh each ribs to make sure that the portions are the same. We also carefully select the ribs. I am very sorry if you had only bones, which should not have happened with the procedure in place to select the ribs. Some ribs may have more meat on top and will be shorter than those with less meat on top. That probably is the reason why one seemed to be bigger. Thank you for the comment, which is definitely not falling in the ears of a death person.
Have a safe trip and sorry again.
Yves
Dorchester, United Kingdom
“So good we ate here twice in one day!”
Reviewed June 4, 2014 via mobile

Some of the restaurants we tried to go to in Sucre close on a Sunday, not Abis Patio! At lunch I had the hamburger with bacon and my girlfriend had the chicken salad. All the ingredients tasted very fresh and eating in the quiet relaxing garden area was a treat. The latte coffees were the best we experienced in Bolivia or Chile.

In the evening we went back with some friends and had the fillet steak with mushrooms which was cooked perfectly and the mash potato was excellent too. The staff even ran over the road to the supermarket to get more wine for us as we had drank them out of their last bottle of house red.

The owner was also very attentive and ensured we were looked after well by his staff. I wouldn't hesitate in returning to eat here.

• Visited June 2014
1 Thank T0by_0n_T0ur
Ystorms, Owner at Abis Cafe, responded to this review, July 9, 2014
What a very pleasant to read message from you. We are here to serve you my dear customer. Thank you for being so kind to have taken some time to write something on Abis Patio. Have a safe trip.