“Great Spot, great views”

El Hostal de Su Merced
Ranked #1 of 17 Hotels in Sucre
New Orleans, Louisiana
“Great Spot, great views”
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed August 8, 2013

I have been staying at the Hostal de Su Merced for many years, and it is always a great experience. It is very well located, a beautiful building, has great staff, and beautiful rooms. Highly recommended...

• Stayed August 2013, traveled on business
rafo0202, Propietario at El Hostal de Su Merced, responded to this review, August 10, 2013
Dear NR,

Thank you very much for your loyalty.
It’s always a pleasure to receive you in our home!!
We all hope to welcome you again.

Kindly,
Carmen GANTIER

Traveler tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (47)
  • Chinese (Traditional) first
Hartford, Connecticut
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed August 5, 2013

My daughter and I stayed here at the end of July based on the Trip Advisor reviews. It did not disappoint. The front desk staff go out of their way to be helpful, the rooms are comfortable and the breakfasts are quite good compared to other places we stayed in Bolivia.

• Stayed July 2013, traveled with family
Carmen G, Owner at El Hostal de Su Merced, responded to this review, August 7, 2013
Dear Guest,
Thank you for taking the time to share your comments with us.
It’s so pleasant to know guests appreciate the quality of our service! We are not just a hotel, we are passionate hosts and we offer a memorable stay at our house!
We hope you could come back soon!
With warmth
Logan, Utah
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed July 13, 2013

This is a great place to stay in Sucre (probably the best place to stay). We had read the reviews on trip advisor (which are very positive), but even so this hotel surprised us - it was better than we expected. We spent 5 nights (family of 5) here. The hotel is full of antiques and colonial architecture. It really is a beautiful property. Given the price, staying here is a steal.

Breakfast is the best we have had on our trip and was included in the price of the room. Plenty of hot water (the first hot bath my wife had on our trip - really appreciated!). The hotel is a collection of private locations, stairs, terraces, and common rooms that were fun to explore. The view from the rooftop of the city is excellent. And they keep the place spotless. Everything is wiped, mopped, squeaky clean every day.

The staff were extremely helpful, making reservations, arranging tours, providing money saving tips on transportation, and even helped me scan a document that I needed to have emailed urgently. This hotel also had the best internet connection we have had on our trip. It was always available and fast! Also, the location of the hotel is perfect. It is just a couple of blocks from the plaza, close to a great grocery store, etc.

Overall, this is a highly recommended hotel for anyone.

Room Tip: There are several rooms that are secluded with their own private entrances and terraces. Really any...
  • Stayed July 2013, traveled with family
rafo0202, Propietario at El Hostal de Su Merced, responded to this review, July 15, 2013
Dear Nathan,
Thank you for your lovely review. It’s a pleasure for me and the staff to know that we exceeded your expectations and that we could probably be the best place to stay.
We promise to deliver a memorable stay to our guests and you are showing to us that we are in the right way.
Remember that this is your home and you will be always welcome!!
Perth, Australia
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed June 28, 2013

I fell in love with this hotel the first time and this time it was even better than I had remembered. Staff were friendly and helpful and breakfast was always great for the week I was there. My room on the top (third) floor was big and well furnished, and had great views. The hotel features terraces and sun decks for all guests to use and a good community atmosphere. I certainly won't hesitate to book in again a soon as I can get back to Sucre.

Room Tip: Although there's no lift, if you can get a room on the top floor the views make it worth the eff...
  • Stayed June 2013, traveled solo
rafo0202, Propietario at El Hostal de Su Merced, responded to this review, July 3, 2013
Dear Mark,

Thank you very much for the lovely review. We appreciate your feedback and the trust you are showing to us every time when you come back to our hotel.

At Su Merced we offer more than a warm bed, a clean room and a friendly smile. We offer a memorable experience to our guests and you are showing that we are working on the right way!

I have shared your opinion and we all hope to see you again.

CARMEN GANTIER
Te Puke, NZ
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed June 18, 2013

We stayed here for four nights instead of the two nights originally planned in our tour because of the blockades. The staff here are so friendly. My husband was unwell and needed sleep so they asked what room we would like when the first room my husband considered noisy. Our room was clean and they even cleaned our room when my husband could leave and sit up in the sun on the roof. The breakfast was plentiful and when I asked for cornflakes as I couldn't eat muesli they promptly provided it the next morning. So many cakes!! We had one dinner there but wasn't impressed, obviously they are not used to providing meals at night when there are so many restaurants to chose from near by. We were so pleased we stayed here for longer. Thank you so much to the owners and staff. Sorry it has taken so long to review as my husband is still unwell.

• Stayed May 2013, traveled as a couple
Carmen G, Propietario at El Hostal de Su Merced, responded to this review, June 19, 2013
Dear Cherie M,

Thank you for taking the time to share your comments with us.
In Su Merced “Not detail is so small and no request is too large”, so we are pleased to offer you the cornflakes you prefer or the room you like the most.
I hope your husband is getting better .
With warmth
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed June 12, 2013 via mobile

Stayed in the double junior suite for our first night in Sucre, and enjoyed every minute of it.
The room in the top floor of the hotel is great, had a great view and all rooms have direct access to the multiple roof terraces up there.
It was a bit empty when we were there, but it has been fairly quiet for the past couple of weeks everywhere in Bolivia and at least we had all the space we needed.
Breakfast was great with the classics and some pretty inventive tastes too: quinoa cereals (chocolate or berry flavours) and some good cakes...
Great service as well.
But it was a bit pricy for a long stay in Sucre for us. Great to enjoy a few 'luxury' nights in. Bolivia...
If the offer is still on when you make it there, don 't forget to check in Foursquare to receive a free sample of Para Ti, the best chocolate in Bolivia :)

• Stayed June 2013
Carmen G, Owner at El Hostal de Su Merced, responded to this review, June 14, 2013
Thank you for sharing your comments with us.

I have shared your review with all our team and it’s a pleasure to give our best: provide a warm and familiar service to all our guests.
We are very happy that you enjoyed our Junior Suites and the inventive tastes of our quinoa cereals.

This is your home and we would be glad to host you again in another opportunity.
Kampala, Uganda
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed June 7, 2013

On May 15, all the way from Japan I arrived at this hotel with only a small daypack on my shoulder because ***** Airlines had left my luggage at a transit airport in the US! I had to wear the same clothes for 3 days while I waited for my luggage to be sent to the airport in Sucre.

But because of this beautiful hotel and its wonderful staff, actually I enjoyed staying in Sucre for 3 nights instead of one night I originally had planned. They took a phone message from the airlines and explained to me how to receive it at the airport.

All in all, being stuck is not so bad if you are stuck at this hotel.

• Stayed May 2013, traveled solo
Dear Sonoko,
Thank you for sharing this lovely review with us.
I have shared it with all the team and we all loved the way you described our service:
“being stuck is not so bad if you are stuck at this hotel”.
It shows that we are in the right way as truly passionate hosts.
We look forward in welcoming you back at our home.