“Great guide and great wall”
Review of ClimbSucre

ClimbSucre
Ranked #5 of 10 Outdoor Activities in Sucre
More attraction details
Owner description: Rock climbing tours for beginners and experts in the beautiful city of Sucre, Bolivia
Basel
3 attraction reviews
common_n_attraction_reviews_1bd8 4 helpful votes
“Great guide and great wall”
Reviewed September 27, 2013

Went climbing for the morning with Justin and it was an excellent experience. I have a very small amount of indoor climbing experience and it was a great opportunity to get some outdoors. Good equipment, safe set up at the wall and friendly, relaxed and trustworthy instruction. It was my third and by far the best experience of climbing outdoors. Highly recommend to anyone with or without climbing experience.

Visited September 2013

common_n_attraction_reviews_1bd8 1 helpful vote
“Perfect Trip!”
Reviewed April 28, 2013 via mobile

We arranged our trip by email, Justin wrote us some dates and was very flexible in the end, as those dates did not matches for us.

Meetingpoint was the Plaza 25 de Mayo at the Lions - very easy to find.

With a Taxi, Justin paid, we went up to the Sica Sica hill. There you have to walk 20 minutes, take some good shoes with you and bring a small backpack for your stuff. Do not bring it within a bag, you need both hands for the very first 10 meters.

The climbing spot is a bit hidden, so there are no other people.

The difficulty of the different routes reaches between 4c and 7a (French scale). You start with an easy one, assuming your level, to get warm. After that you will go to the harder ones. If you can not go further, the guide let you try it a few times, before he helps you. Sounds hard, but that is the experiance of climbing :-)

There are some boulder spots. Ask your guide to show you, if you want and if you have enough power after climbing.

We had a fantastic afternoon with our guide Justin. He is us-american. For saftey reason it is very useful having a nativ english speaking guide. He's partner is native english speaker as well, as he told us.

They have very good equipment. You get climbing shoes as well.

After the trip, they will pay you a Taxi back to the Plaza or to your Hotel, if is the same distance.

Visited April 2013
Sydney
11 attraction reviews
common_n_attraction_reviews_1bd8 11 helpful votes
“Climb Sucre - great opportunity to do some climbing on a fun natural wall.”
Reviewed December 24, 2012

We had a great morning with Climb Sucre, doing a bunch of fun climbs on a great natural wall just outside of the city. Equipment was all relatively new, and for one of the group who had never climbed before, there was some good instruction and a nice progression to allow her to climb to the top of some beginner climbs.

Justin was great to talk to about climbing and life in Sucre, and we really enjoyed our trip out of the city for some unconventional Sucre entertainment. Highly recommended for beginner and intermediate climbers.

Visited December 2012
Samaipata, Bolivia
“Great afternoon out with friends”
Reviewed December 7, 2011

They climb two rock faces when we went. One was more for beginers then the other has a nice chalenge getting over a ledge. Worth your time to go with Climb Sucre. Our guide Steve was easy to get along with and was good with all. Speaks English and Spanish. Lots of fun. Take a snack and lots of water.

Visited December 2011
Des Moines
3 attraction reviews
common_n_attraction_reviews_1bd8 1 helpful vote
“If you're looking for something other than museums and cookie cutter tours”
Reviewed November 22, 2011

First off, I'd never been climbing before our trip up Sica Sica with 'climb sucre'. And secondly, I never had much of an interest in trying it. But since my friends coerced me into going with them, I thought I might as well give it a try.

After passing the first test, scrambling a lil ravine, we made our way up the hill nice and slow since I was still adjusting to the altitude. Steve and Justin are great teachers. I didn't feel pressured to do anything I didn't want to. Seeing my friends make it to the top made me want to too. They felt safe the entire time I was on the rope, the equipment seemed new and really well taken care of. They helped me work through the tougher sections if I needed it, but also let me figure out my own way since that seems to be part of the fun. Then they moved onto the harder part, which looked amazing, but after a miserable attempt I learned I wasn't ready for. I'd definitely do it again.

It was an awesome experience, with awesome people.

Visited October 2011