“Pretty good food, High prices” 3 of 5 bubbles
Review of Tentaciones Trattoria Cafe - CLOSED

Tentaciones Trattoria Cafe
Good for: Bar scene, Large groups, Families with children
Dining options: Dinner, Late Night, Brunch, Breakfast, Lunch, Highchairs Available, Reservations, Seating, Serves Alcohol, Waitstaff, Wheelchair Accessible
Silver Spring, Maryland
“Pretty good food, High prices”
3 of 5 bubbles Reviewed November 2, 2013

I came to Tentaciones a few times during my stay in Sucre, and my food was always pretty tasty. I sampled the chicken wings and pizzas, which were surprisingly good, but the star was always their delicious juices and shakes - I tried a coconut, pineapple, and Brazil nut drink that was killer.

Their prices were always a bit high for the quality, though. There was nothing wrong with anything I had, but I felt that I was always paying a bit much for it. Either way, I'd recommend the food (and definitely the drinks) at Tentaciones.

• Visited October 2013
1 Thank JColbert29

Bonn, Germany
“Thought it was better.”
3 of 5 bubbles Reviewed October 27, 2013

Awesome place situated near the main square of Sucre. Heard of the place many times and went there to see what they had.
The location itself was very nice, giving a different atmosphere than normal times in Sucre.
They have a good menu with a variety of food and drinks, but due to the different touch they want to
give to the place that just changed and invented all names of the plates different. Making it very difficult to now what you are actually ordering.
The service was very bad! Slow and without any sort of training. Making the wait for each order very long.
All in all a great place to be with friends, family and especially on a date, but due to the poor service, the different taste just hoses away!

• Visited July 2013
    • 1 of 5 bubbles
    • 4 of 5 bubbles
TentacionesCafe, Propietario at Tentaciones Trattoria Cafe, responded to this review, October 29, 2013
First, I would like to thank you for taking the time to write a review of Tentaciones Trattoria, it is an honor given that you have visited so many countries and cities and never wrote anything about any other place. Sucre is a great place to start right?
Well, I would like to let everyone know we invented many names in the menu because they are signature dishes, but pretty much very self explained in 2 languages. That is why we have a large menu, but never had a complain before about not being able to understand what the menu options are. We will work on that.
Service is sometimes slow because we make everything from scratch because we seek for quality, and our average service time ranges between 25 to 30 min.
Thank you very much!
Whitehorse, Canada
“Lovely food, atmosphere and service”
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed September 30, 2013

We had dinner here a few times - travelling with a vegetarian isn't so easy re: finding good food. So when we do, we tend to go back for more. This is an Italian eatery, with the usual huge selection of juices as well as multitude of coffee options, wine, beer and so forth. The menu has a good vegetarian selection as well as many meat eater options to choose from. Salads are awesome and varied. We came at various times of the evening, from 8pm to 11pm and enjoyed the service and the fod each time.

The location on Arenales is just half a block from the main Square, ie central in hte tourism area. Also Para Ti Chocolates is in the same block, so you can always get some of that for desert!

• Visited August 2013
Sucre
“About as close to Gastronamia as you'll get in Bolivia”
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed September 29, 2013

You'll look at the photos outside and think that they've just been copied from the internet : I promise you it's not so.. I lived one block away for a month and came nearly every day (addicted tothe food and needed good internet). I saw the photographer during 3 days standing on tables, ducking down, jumping around photographing plate by plate. Great photographer - even better food.
I've been in this continent years now, including living in Lima, Peru for over a year and I can honestly say I think this is some of the best food you can find in Bolivia. It's one of the only places I know that treat food as art. It looks like a tony romas, and in fact it's intending to aim for that vibe - but it does it with class, passion and an authenticity that put's it truly in a league of it's own.
I think it's the best food in Sucre, and maybe the best food in Bolivia - but remember - we're talking fast and fun food here - not Astrid and Gaston.

Still - I found myself going back continually - the wife and me sometimes order this food as take out too (pizzas are excellent and well priced) - because there is nothing that compares, with the exception of Abis Patio.

Oh - and the juices are just splended. It took me 3 months - but I think I've now tried them all, and eaten everything on the menu - I assure you there's no duds on the menu at all. Invite some travelling friends and enjoy some great food - great place.

Visited August 2013
TentacionesCafe, Propietario at Tentaciones Trattoria Cafe, responded to this review, October 1, 2013
Regards from Tentaciones Trattoria.
It has always been a pleasure to have you all with us and we really appreciate your preference. Your words make us put an extra effort to aim for a better service and better food.
Thank you very much!
Sucre
“If you say so”
2 of 5 bubbles Reviewed September 25, 2013

I'm laughing at all the reviews and I came to this conclusion. When your just traveling through and you stop by and eat at some joint it seems pretty good because it new and exciting. You think wow this place is cool, you wouldn't think it's Bolivia...well.

I've been coming since this place was half it's size and it was, in my honest opinion decent. That was then. Since he's moved to a bigger location, his quality has dropped and his prices have gone up, up I tell ya.

One time my wife ate a pulled pork sandwich and it tasted funny, old, like it been left out. She only ate half, well that was enough to make her sick. Decided to give the bugger one more chance. Went with some friends that were visiting. Well the verdict is in, I'll never go back again. Nobody was happy with their food. Not to mention that the food and service is not that great, the prices are above what most other dives ask for.

• Visited July 2013
1 Thank flores_cinco
Regards from Tentaciones Trattoria.
I am so sorry to hear you had a bad experience with our food and service.
If you step by again and you have any problem, please ask for the manager or owner, because our can do and customer oriented policy will have us doing what it takes to please you and make up for possible human mistakes.
Thank you for your preference and please...do come back!