“Awesome Place”

Ranked #2 of 29 Sucre B&B and Inns
Melbourne, Australia
“Awesome Place”
Reviewed April 28, 2013

I stayed at Casa Verde last year in September and it was really lovely. I arrived a couple days earlier than expected (because protesting blocked the road down to Uyuni that I planned on using and I didn't feel like staying in La Paz any longer) and although the B&B was full, Rene was very helpful in helping me find another place until I could check in a couple days later. The place was clean, the bed was comfy,the shower had good pressure and was nice and hot, breakfast was really good, and it was easy to meet other guests. I wished I could have stayed there longer and will definitely stay here again next time I pass through Sucre. =)

• Stayed September 2012, traveled solo
Rene64sucre, Propietario at Casa Verde B&B, responded to this review, April 29, 2013
Thank you for your favorable comments. Always happy when guests appreciate our services. René

Traveler tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (11)
Republic of California
Reviewed April 20, 2013

We stayed at Casa Verde for 16 nights. We used it as a perfect place to relax and settle into Sucre while we studied spanish. Having been to Sucre before, I knew the location ahead of time and it was just right. We opted for one of the higher end rooms that was quite spacious and offered a loft with a sun roof. This worked great for us. We slept well. We enjoyed the wonderful daily breakfast that was included in the price. The use of the kitchen was a highlight, and a nice kitchen it was. When you are staying somewhere for a longer period of time than a few nights, it's nice to have the option of going to the wonderful markets and preparing your own meals on occasion. The staff was great, but most of all Rene, the owner, was most welcoming, helpful and enjoyable. We would return in a heartbeat......and we will.

• Stayed March 2013, traveled as a couple
Rene64sucre, Propietario at Casa Verde B&B, responded to this review, April 21, 2013
Happy to read this nice review. It gives us a lot a energy to improve day by day our services. We know that we are not perfect but what we trying to offer guests is a fair service. René
Vancouver
Reviewed April 8, 2013

I will preface this by saying that this review may come off as negative, compared to the other glowing comments on here, but I like to be honest and realistic, and manage expectations.

The good: location was great, wifi worked very well, the pool, although fairly chilly and in a low green-house enclosure was nice to have, the patio area even nicer, the breakfast good, the bed comfy. Rene was very helpful. There was also always drinking water available from the large dispensers, which I appreciated to reduce plastic bottle consumption.

However, in my mind, this is really more a very upscale hostel, than a bed and breakfast (although you do of course get a bed & quite a nice breakfast). At the lower end of the price point, I get the sense this place would be a fabulous deal, primarly due to the common facilities, lounge area with TV, fridge, etc. If you have been staying in accomodations at that end of the spectrum, I also would have thought this was heaven.

Having no idea what to expect for my money, at the $40/night for the more "premium" rooms, I was a bit surprised at the pillows that were ready for the bin, with pillow cases that did not fully envelop said pillows, lack of a window that could open and the noise transfer from the lounge area through openings in ceilings, the shower enclosure that had cracked, with dirt coming through - basically, all the little things that you tend to get in budget accommodations.

In summary (and this comment is not restricted to this place), having taken my most recent trip to SE Asia, I was a bit surprised by what you get for your money in Bolivia. At $40/night in Sucre, it seems you are still in "budget" territory. Again, a perfectly nice place, but more of a bargain in the cheaper rooms.

• Stayed March 2013, traveled as a couple
Rene64sucre, Propietario at Casa Verde B&B, responded to this review, April 9, 2013
May I remind this guest that we didn´t charged 40 USD at all. After reading this review I come to the following conclusion: It is much easier to find a stick and hit someone than appreciate what others do for you! René
Atlanta, Georgia
Reviewed February 27, 2013

We arrived in the middle of the night, but even though we aroused Rene from his sleep, he was pleasant as could be as he showed us to our rooms. The rooms were basic, but charming, and had all the necessities I needed. The shower had plenty of pressure and lots of hot water. If I had been staying for a longer time, I would have really appreciated the built-in cabinets and ledging in the room that would have allowed me to spread all my things out. The breakfast at Casa Verde was better than expected, including fresh ground coffee, eggs, yogurt, fruit, and often some fresh baked bread. After coming from La Paz and then a tour of the Salt Flats, Casa Verde was a much welcome respite and provided a great way to relax at the end of my trip. Casa Verde and Rene were the best!

• Stayed February 2013, traveled with friends
Rene64sucre, Propietario at Casa Verde B&B, responded to this review, February 28, 2013
Thanks a lot for the beautiful discription you made about Casa Verde. We feel grateful when people appreciate our services. René
NJ
Reviewed February 25, 2013

We were there for 2 nights stay.

* Breakfast is free - toast/egg/fruit/yogurt.
* The rooms were basic but lovely.
* There is wifi internet. Signal was stable.
* Location is safe and quite. Close to most of sightseeing.
* Front desk is friendly and helpful.

Stayed December 2012, traveled with a friend.

• Stayed December 2012, traveled with friends
Rene64sucre, Propietario at Casa Verde B&B, responded to this review, February 26, 2013
Thanks for your appreciation. Rene
Seattle, Washington
Reviewed February 21, 2013

There is a reason Casa Verde won a 2012 TA award. We've been traveling for over 5 months and Casa Verde was my favorite place we've stayed! The beds are comfortable, the breakfast tasty and filling, and Rene made us feel like we were staying with a friend instead of in a hotel.

As other reviews mention there is wifi, 2 guest computers, movies, a book exchange and yes, even a swimming pool. Other services they offer, which we used, include laundry and guests' use of the kitchen to prepare dinners.

Thank you, Rene, for such a restful stay! We hope to be back soon!

• Stayed February 2013, traveled as a couple
Rene64sucre, Propietario at Casa Verde B&B, responded to this review, February 22, 2013
Always happy when people felt at home. It is very pleasant to read how people do appreciate what we are offering. Thanks a lot for your nice review. We are very much interested to read them. René
London, United Kingdom
Reviewed February 17, 2013

For just over a tenner a night each staying in a twin room, this place cannot be beaten on atmosphere, price, room quality and especially breakfast! There is a heated pool (we did not have a chance to use it though), WiFi that actually works plus computers for guests to use, and the best breakfast we have had yet. Rene the owner was very friendly, helpful in checking our flights for the next day and in booking us a taxi. I can't fault Casa Verde!

• Stayed February 2013, traveled with friends
Rene64sucre, Propietario at Casa Verde B&B, responded to this review, February 18, 2013
We feel very happy with your nice review. When people appreciate all what we are doing this encourage us to do more and even better Thanks a lot. René