“Meh” 3 of 5 bubbles
Review of La Taverne

La Taverne
Ranked #4 of 115 Restaurants in Sucre
Cuisines: French, European
Good for: Romantic, Local cuisine, Special occasions, Business meetings, Families with children
Dining options: Late Night, Lunch, Breakfast, Dinner, Free Wifi, Full Bar, Outdoor Seating, Reservations, Seating, Serves Alcohol, Waitstaff
“Meh”
3 of 5 bubbles Reviewed July 23, 2014

We went for lunch and the food was average. I ordered the chicken and it was a little dry, and they were a little stingy on the portions.

Apparently the steak is really good so perhaps it was just my choice.

• Visited July 2014

• Korean first
“Had a great meal with friends!”
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed July 21, 2014 via mobile

Five of us had a fabulous meal on a Sunday night. Despite my many efforts of booking a table my emails were not answered and the phone number was wrong but when we arrived at around 7:40 on a Sunday night they could only offer us an outside table. The put the heater on for us and we had a great time. Even though they kind of forgot about us at time we didn't mind it, we were really enjoying each other's company!
Food was very delicious, we shared 4 starters: the potatoes, the mushrooms, meat skewers and the best... The goat cheese salad that came with rose petals and honey! Delicious!
Three had the fillet mignon and were very pleased with it (big portions too, two big medallions), another one had the curry and she really liked it and I had the trucha gratinada which was excellent!
For dessert we shared the tiramisu (really good) and then chocolate mousse (just alright)
We shared a bottle of wine plus an extra drink each and the bill came up to 830bolivianos! Less than $25 a person for a fabulous meal! Would go here again anytime!!!! Highly recommended!

Singapore, Singapore
“Good food!”
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed June 11, 2014

Really good beef and good value set menu. Note that the menu for lunch and dinner is different. Good, if a little slow, service and nice little open courtyard you can sit in. It gets a little sun in the day time and you can just chill there.

Visited May 2014
Dorchester, United Kingdom
“Flavour explosion!”
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed June 4, 2014 via mobile

Had the menu del dia at La Taverne and each of the four dishes had some great flavours. The fillet steak main course with fresh pasta was particularly good. At $45B it is not the cheapest set lunch in Sucre but the quality of food and the presentation justified the price.

• Visited June 2014
    • 4 of 5 bubbles
    • 4 of 5 bubbles
    • 5 of 5 bubbles
    • 5 of 5 bubbles
Glasgow
“Excellent filling dinner”
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed May 28, 2014 via mobile

I randomly chose this place for dinner and was very pleasantly suprised. I opted for the beef massaman curry which was very tasty. The portion to me was pretty substantial & I left barely able to move! I guess it didnt help that I scoffed an entire basket of the complimentary bread to start; I couldnt help it, the bread was lovely & the 2 salsa dips it came with delicious! My bill came to 90BS, this was for the curry (58), a glass of wine (18), bottle of water & a coffee. Expensive maybe for Bolivia, but I couldnt get this kind of meal for 3 times the cost at home.