“More like an Inn than a restaurant of cafe”
Review of Joy Ride Cafe

Joy Ride Cafe
Ranked #16 of 123 Restaurants in Sucre
Cuisines: Gastropub
Dining options: Late Night, Breakfast, Reservations
Description: RESTAURANT / CAFE is located in the center of Sucre; Sucre is in the center of Chuquisaca; Chuquisaca is located in the center of Bolivia… then we could say that… JOY RIDE CAFE is… the center of BOLIVIA!!!! “Probably the best bar in town”, as our slogan says… but YES the largest bar of Sucre… according to many of our customers we are the best in Bolivia, but we don’t want to say this on our own, so you have to check and see yourself!!!! Satisfied or your money back!!! Our mission is to make Sucre the place most comfortable place, climate-environment-people-services … so you don’t want to leave us!
Reviewed September 13, 2013

Nice, relaxed, easy going inn type restaurant, probably more akin to a pub/restaurant in the uk. We sat in courtyard at the back, a little cold at first but patio heating provided. Lovely, friendly atmosphere, ok food including some dutch specialities. To be honest the sort of place to have a quite a few beers and forget about everything although we didn't coz we were a bit tired and affected a little by altitude. Still enjoyed it though.

There are newer reviews for Joy Ride Cafe

Reviewed September 10, 2013 via mobile

Last week me and a group of 10 people spent the whole day in joyride to watch the qualification for the World cup. We arrived around lunchtime, had lunch as well as dinner and drunk a lot of alcohol (including the 3 liter bowls). I decided on closing the tab around 6, before dinner to make sure all the people paid their tab and to allow other people to join in on a clean sheet. I was unpleasantly surprised when the tap showed we had drunk 5 instead of 4 3 liter bowls. While I was sorting out the misunderstanding with the waiter (I was 100% sure I was right) the manager (Rene) suddenly started to interfere. He accused us of not paying the whole bill and quoted on me: I'll check the cameras and prove that you had 5 instead of 4 bowls. I told him to do what he must. However he did not came back to me so I had to ask about it myself. He responded that it still not had been sorted out but that two of the guys who joined our table later in the evening had not paid their tabs and that his personnel had added their tab to ours. He added that he will make sure the waitress will bleed for this mistake and pay the 80 BoB out of her own pocket. He added that the waiter only earns about 100 BoB. All in all a very unsatisfying experience, not only had we been spending at least a 1000 BoB for way below average food and drinks, we were also scoffed at by the owner and on top of that he treated his personnel really unfair. I hardly recommend against going to this restaurant and choose instead for any of the other excellent options (for example Abis).

Reviewed September 8, 2013

I was expecting more from this place. In the end both the food and the service were disappointing. The italian antipasti had nothing italian in it. It was mediocre. Service was too slow and complaining didn't help much. To top it all they claimed they had given me the wrong bill and ran after me in the street. After returning to the restaurant they couldn't make up their minds which bill was which. All very ludicrous, especially as they knew we were late for the movies because of the slow service.

Reviewed August 16, 2013 via mobile

Their slogan "not only for gringos" says it all. It's a tourist spot. We only had lemonade their which wasn't really good and overpriced like everything. If you want to get the beer you get everywhere else in the world go there. Their map is horrible. But they might be right about having the most comfortable cinema in town.

Reviewed August 11, 2013

The food is overpriced and the waiters are pretty unfriendly. It its empty your not allowed too seat in the patio. The cinema is good.