“A surprising find...”

Chifa New Hong Kong
Ranked #53 of 132 Restaurants in Sucre
Cuisines: Chinese
Reviewed October 15, 2013

When we heard there were Chinese restaurants in Sucre, we were giddy with excitement. After reading the reviews here, we were a little worried we were going to be disappointed. Well, we went with no expectations and we were pleasantly surprised! Of course it wasn't Chinese like we would have at home in cities with sizeable Chinese communities, but if I was served this at home, I would happily have paid for it. We had the shredded pork and green chilli, a fiery delight, sweet and sour pork and chicken, both totally fine, and a chicken noodle dish. Our group of four left well satisfied. What a great find! Totally happy to recommend this place.

Reviewed October 4, 2013

Was here at 7:30PM on week night, no one else was here. Not an uncommon feature of some of Lonely Planet's picks, unfortunately. We received menus and then were ignored for 15 minutes. The menu was uninspired for sure. Combined with the lack of patrons and the lack of service, we decided not to risk it and left (no one seemed to care). The next night we went to Restaurant Shanghai, which was awesome and full of locals, so go there instead if you are looking for a chifa.

Reviewed September 17, 2013

After reading some of the comments posted I think you don't know Bolivia. Bolivia is a country that has nothing, nothing. There are at least three chinese places in town. This one is far the better. I don't want to miss represent by saying the best because I've had good chinese back in the US. However, yes his menu is basic, but what do expect Pekin Duck! Remember...Bolivia. This is one place I like eating when I'm jonesing chinese. Again let me make this clear again...Bolivian's are not know for there service. Oh yeah, place is nothing to wright home about.

Reviewed September 13, 2013

To be honest it was typical chinese food, there was plenty of it and I enjoyed it, but it wasn't anything special. One of our party ordered the fish, but we were all pretty sure that it was a chicken substitute!

Reviewed November 6, 2012

choice was good and food was also good and exceptional value for approx $10 per person including drinks