$74
Hostelworld.com
Eucalyptus(Potosi)
TripAdvisor
See what travelers are saying:
Reviewed February 20, 2014 via mobile

This place is dirty and I am sure they don't wash the bedding between people. My visit started out nice but turned ugly when they could not find my bus reservation. This guy Javier came down to tell me I was wrong and had no idea what I was talking about. He started to speak English to me because he assumed I didn't speak Spanish. Which is wrong. I told him we could speak Spanish if he wanted. He started off by talking down to me and end with a comment about me not caring about money. As if I was a rich traveler not a backpacker that had saved for years for this trip. It turns out all they needed was my voucher but couldn't just ask for that. I had the voucher and it was fixed by a lovely lady but I still don't recommend this hostel.

• Stayed: February 2014
Reviewed February 16, 2014

We would not recommend this hostel to anyone.

The staff is unfriendly and not very helpfull.

Our room was dirty, smelly and moldy.

The bathrooms were stiff with dirt.

During a two minute shower the water turned from luke-warm to cold to no water at all.

• Stayed: January 2014, traveled with friends
Reviewed January 25, 2014 via mobile

The building is colonial and looks quite nice but it is incredibly cold and the bathrooms are horrible: they are very dirty and there are not enough for that amount of people. The staff is very unfriendly.
The worst thing was the mine tour we booked at the hostel. It was very unsafe and the guide didn't care about us. At one time we lost the group and where all alone in the middle of the mountain. They don't prepare you for what you have to endure during the tour. You have to crawl through narrow spaces, you can throw your clothes away after the tour (despite the protection clothes they give you!), if you have even a little bit of claustrophobia it is the wrong tour to join. Also if you are afraid of heights. There is only one guide for a group of 8 people which is very unsafe. The guide is in the front and never knows how the people in the back are.

Stayed: January 2014, traveled with friends
Reviewed January 8, 2014

Me and my friend we choosed this hostal, bcs it was in Lonely Planet, it sounded good enough and we were too tired to look more places, after a night bus.
We really are wondering, why its almost all the time fully booked?! I cant recommend it to no one.
First the service is bad, the showers and toilets are in the same room so there is line all the time, bcs if someone is in the shower, someone else cant go to the toilet. Plus bcs of the showers, the toilets were really wet all the time. I think in whole hostal was 4showers/toilets!!..but not sure, those were only what we saw.
Then the wifi is only working at the recepcion, where is no plugs. Only 2plugs outside in the patio. And at the dorm room with 10 people, there where 1!!!!!! plug.
We used their laundry service, not good neither. Well, yes, laundry was clean. But we left our laundry in two plastic bags to them, and we got them back without any bags. They kept the laundry in a dirty shells, where everybody can leave their backbags.
When my friend asked the reception staff why they do this and this...the answer was likely: its clean place + its not my problem if there is no plugs etc..

• Stayed: January 2014, traveled with friends
1  Thank Zanni8
Reviewed December 23, 2013 via mobile

The worst hostel we have seen in south america.

Staff: unfriendly, unhelpful, they lost two pairs of socks at the laundry service and did not care about it. (for backpackers 2 pairs are a lot!!!!)

Bathroom: never clean, shower and toilet always wet because there are still no shower curtains. You can not use the toilet paper because it is wet from the shower. You can't lock many doors.

Room: we had a matrimonial, the bed was like a hole. No safe electricity but warm

Kitchen: everything is locked, you have to go for everything to the reception and there they have hardly anything. The staff was very very unfriendly. We were not allowed to eat in the "comedor" because the receptionist was too lazy to open it.

We really don't care about a superb hostel but they are promising so many things and almost nothing is true.

We never would recommend this hostel!!!!!

Ps: and they still have my socks! ;-)

Stayed: December 2013, traveled as a couple