“Perfect for a family dinner”
Review of The Grill House

The Grill House
Ranked #1 of 25 Restaurants in Allegan
Cuisines: American
Dining options: Late Night, Breakfast, Reservations
Dining options: Late Night, Breakfast, Reservations
Reviewed October 21, 2012

We chose the Grill House because it is a mid point for family to meet. There was probably 18-20 people in our party. The menu was varied - Mexican, sandwiches, full entrees, it gave my family a choice. I had the prime rib feature which was excellent. My family enjoyed vegetarian options, perch, quesadilla's, reuban sandwiches, prime rib and appetizers. We had a large party and the food arrived hot and in a timely manner. We had a server to ourselves which was nice and she was very attentive. We drove from Grand Rapids Mi and it was a bit of a road trip but worth it! The Grill house has a banquet facility that had a wedding going on that night, and I believe they have out door seating in good weather. There is a way to cook your own steaks I believe, but I believe in letting the pro's cook mine for me.

There are newer reviews for The Grill House

Reviewed October 11, 2012

Wow, what a great idea. Pick and grill your own food with the help from the staff. You can also opt to let them cook it but we had a blast doint it ourselves.

Reviewed September 17, 2012

We were seated next to the waitress station, and received menu's by the hostess. 30 minutes later a waitress came to our table and asked us if we wanted drinks. We said we did and were ready to order. The waitress took our menus and said she would get our drink order first then our food order. We waited another 20 minutes for our drinks and tried again to order our food, the waitress said she would get our menus and disappeared. We waited another 30 minutes and found a manager. The manager brought us some chips and dip and about 15 minutes later the waitress showed up to take our food order. She was quick to bring us more drinks but we waited 40 more minutes for our food-which might have been good had it not been cold. Receiving the bill from the waitress when we were done took another 20 minutes. Will never go back there again.

4  Thank Cynbuy
Reviewed September 3, 2012

We got seated right away, my mother had run into an old friend, and they were talking when the hostess was directing us to our table and said to me (about my mom, obviously not thinking), "well she is obilvious that I am seating you now, how rude." I didn't know what to say to that, wanted to walk back out. We got seated but the fan was on high and was kind of chilly, my stepdad asked if we could move to a different table, the waitress said no that the one in the corner was reserved, so he asked her if they could turn it off, (it was cold), she said no that we could have the table. My brother, myself, Mom and her husband, 3 of us had the prime rib, and the other ribeye. It was good, would I say great, no, I have had better where I live. I would go back to try the pub menu, good prices and the food sounds good. I will let you know if it is any good, hope better than my dinner experience.

Reviewed August 29, 2012

Unless your going to grill your own, I would not recommend having steak for dinner. We have eaten dinner twice here due to friends choice, but have never grilled our own. Once a NY strip and then the Sirloin special. The NY strip was.... OK, but rather thin for the price and the Sirloin special was something you could get from Sizzler or Ponderosa, definitely nothing to rave about. Again we did not grill our own so that may be it, as all the good reviews have the people grilling. So if you wish to just enjoy a good sit down dinner with a great steak, this is not the place. Personally if I want to grill myself I'll buy a 1 1/2 inch T-Bone and do it at home.

2  Thank Joe W