“Really Good Price and Service”
Review of Columba Hostel

Columba Hostel
Reviewed May 4, 2013

It's a really nice place! I recommend ask for a room away from the lobby because it has music until 1:00 am! It is an awesome hostel, with breakfast, tv room and a lot of bathrooms! The hostel is in the downtown so everything is close to there!

• Stayed: April 2013
There are newer reviews for Columba Hostel

Reviewed May 3, 2013

I stayed here a few weeks back, while the girls on reception were absolutely lovely and wonderful, the owner was an absolute nightmare!! im not going to go into the cold showers,bed bugs and miserable breakfasts etc.. but rather my awful experience. The owner of this hostel is dishonest and as dodgy as they come!! the housekeeper cleaned up my bed 40 minutes prior to checkout time while i was eating breakfast. (all my belongings were on my bed!) she put my memory card reader, lock and my iphone in the wash. she admitted to the lock and reader as i made her look in the washing machine and fished them out!, but once i realised my iphone was also in the wash, a few minutes later she had sneaked it back in to the room, soaking wet!!! there was video proof and also people in my room to back me up and still the owner did not take responsibilty! hes a massive tightass and would not compensate me for his housekeepers mistake!!! i would never ever reccommend anyone to stay here. if you do, guard your belongings with your life! as a very frequent traveller, my iphone meant to the world to me, keeping in touch with family, and taking photos etc. to have something like this happen that was not my fault and not being compensated is awful. not only did i lose an iphone at this hostel but 7 months worth of travel memories!! be warned!! do yourself a favour and go down the road where they are friendly, honest and fun!!

Room Tip: do not stay here!!
  • Stayed: May 2013, traveled with friends
1  Thank kendallsalo
Reviewed January 22, 2013

I've been there in 5 times in I think is the best place if you want to know people from differents countries and hang out to restaurants, pubs and clubs because is located in a central area and close to the Valparaíso and other beaches. The staff is very kind. You should go there.

• Stayed: May 2012
Reviewed January 1, 2013

I couldnt be happier that Im leaving this hostel tomorrow. Booked for 3 nights, but I wish I hadnt stayed any. Staff didnt help in anything, the bathrooms were dirty, the showers were cold, I stayed for a month in Santiago without any bugs problem and as soon as I slept in Kalagens bed, I got bugs bites and itches everythere. Another girl from my room and some other guys had the same problem. On New Years Eve they ran out of water, so it was completely chaos. They have 12 beds rooms, but only 6 lockers work, people got robbed (not only one). We bought food and put it in the fridge, on the next day it wasnt there. We talked to the guy in the reception and he answered "there is nothing we can do". I wouldnt recommend this hostel even to my worst enemy. Nothing was good, excpet for the ladies from the kitchen, that tried to help us when we had no food left on the fridge.

• Stayed: December 2012, traveled with friends
1  Thank tatafg4
Reviewed November 16, 2012

I had an amazing time at Kalagen Hostel in March of this year. My friend and i planned on staying for 2 nights and stayed for 4! The staff were wonderful! Rooms are clean and groovy and the hostel is very well set up and equipped. There are organised bbqs and activities to get the guests involved and the staff also took us out on the town to local bars. If you go to Viña del Mar, you must stay at this hostel.! Thanks Christian! We had an amazing time!

• Stayed: March 2012, traveled with friends
1  Thank Katrina M
Reviewed August 24, 2012

My girlfriend and I stayed at Hostel Kalagen and loved it! The rooms were clean, the staff was friendly and informative and the atmosphere was great. There's a nice lounge with a big screen tv and a variety of movies to choose from and watch for free! We highly recommend it and can't wait to go again when we return to Vina Del Mar!

• Stayed: August 2012
Reviewed July 16, 2012

Kalagen is by far the coolest place to stay in Viña/Valparaiso. Great location, friendly staff and lots of activities to do.

• Stayed: July 2012, traveled with friends