Open today: Closed
Review Highlights
Great Valparaiso tour and wine tasting

My wife and I had a fabulous private tour of Valparaiso with Sebastian then finished the day with... read more

Reviewed March 1, 2019
David H
Sunshine Beach, Australia
Wine tour and wine tasting

Al put together a superb tour of Casablanca valley 'off the beaten path' vineyards and looked after... read more

Reviewed November 6, 2018

from $45.00
from $15.90
from $136.00
More Info
All reviews street art his knowledge organic vineyard casa blanca great driver highlight of our trip great trip excellent tour chilli great option private tour region company patrizia amanda guide casablanca
Selected filters
Reviewed October 22, 2016

This tour was excellent. From the personalised booking procedures, to the helpful and friendly guide and driver. We can highly recommend this tour of the Casablanca wine region.

Date of experience: October 2016
1  Thank Angela G
Reviewed August 22, 2016

Gotta tell you this was the way to definitely start off my vacation. First day was jam packed right off the plane. Al and his driver Caroline were awesome. Feel like I made some life long friends. Got to see some really cool and dynamic street art in Chile and the RE Winery was amazing. Should have shipped more home. Thanks, AL!

1  Thank 7shepdog
Reviewed July 25, 2016

The whole experience was excellent. The communication before travelling was first class and the tour itself was perfect. Our guide in the van spoke perfect English as did our guide at the vineyards. We did the cool premium tour and I can't recommend it enough

Date of experience: July 2016
Review collected in partnership with this attraction
Reviewed July 9, 2016 via mobile

I took the Urban graffiti street tour. The price is worth it. Sebastián the guide was excelent too. If not leaving Valpo that dame day i would definitely take all the tours available. Alvaro, the owner, works 24/7 to keep everything perfect

Reviewed April 7, 2016

I organised a group tour on behalf of CruiseCritic members sailing on a cruise around the South American coast. There was a lot of demand for this trip and I limited participation to 4 sub-groups of 12, each travelling in 16-seater Mercedes Sprinters with individual drivers and guides. I might be biased, but of all the private tours on this cruise this seemed to be the best.
Pick-up was at the VTP cruise terminal in Valparaiso. Heavy traffic caused the 4 mini-buses to arrive a little late, but eventually we were all away. Al Ramirez guided the group on my vehicle and he arranged for each bus to cover the full tour circuit in different sequences, so that we were not a crowd.
First he took us to the main square in the Downtown area - not especially memorable - before taking us up into the World Heritage designated barrios on the hills above the port and downtown area. The colours and street art were spectacular - sometimes a little scruffy and cause for anxiety, but actually perfectly safe from our experience. But sensible shoes for walking were needed as much of the sightseeing was on foot over cobbles.
Next, we headed to the Casablanca Valley, a relatively new but highly regarded wine region, about 35 miles inland. Beautiful country and but for different varieties of tree, we could have been in Tuscany!
First we visited Bodegas RE, where we toured the facilities of this micro winery before enjoying a tasting. The wines here are high end and quite experimental and personally I would have preferred something better known. However it was a good wine tour.
After this we lunched at the nearby VinaMar winery and restaurant - an absolutely beautiful setting, so enjoyed by our group that we lingered too long, making our return to Valpo a little rushed. We had hoped to have a nice drive and photo-stop along the sea front at Vina del Mar, but time did not permit. More importantly all four groups returned to the VTP Terminal precisely on time.
I had nothing but praise from people from all four groups. Highly Recommended.

Date of experience: March 2016
1  Thank Roger R
AlRamirezChile, Owner at Al Ramirez Wine Tours, responded to this reviewResponded April 15, 2016

Hola Roger!
Once again, thank you so much for the time and effort spent into making this a very well planned experience. These reviews are so gratifying that it keeps us working to make sure more people can experience Chile in a different way.

Thank you!!