“It's like you came to Valparaiso/Vina Del Mar, and your friend took you around”

Chile Private Tours
Ranked #1 of 21 Tours in Vina del Mar
More attraction details
Fee: Yes
Recommended length of visit: More than 3 hours
Owner description: Discover Chile with the top-rated guides of the area! Flexibility, knowledge, humor. Our tours provide the insights of Thomas Poussard, a French journalist who lives and works in Valparaiso since 2006. Thomas and his team of expert bilingual guides (French, English, Spanish, and German) will show you Valparaiso, Santiago, the wine country, the desert, Patagonia and the rest of Chile like no one else does.
Reviewed November 19, 2012

Thomas is great. Very knowledgeable and answered all my questions. He told great stories and has good insight into the local culture. You miss out of you don't have him showing you around.

1  Thank Nslovan
Frenchilean, Owner at Chile Private Tours, responded to this reviewResponded November 28, 2012

Thank you very much! Thanks to this 12th excellent comment, I am number 1 out of 20 attractions in Viña del Mar! Good work pays off, I guess! ;)

Thomas Poussard, owner & guide

Reviewed November 17, 2012

A very personable young man and a journalist by trade, Thomas impressed us by his knowledge and fascinating anecdotes. We were in most able hands to understand the culture and way of life on the “cerros”. What must absolutely be emphasized is his relaxed way of adapting to each of our spontaneously emerging interests, questions and needs. We would be most lucky to find a Thomas in all our travels!
Danielle & Renée

1  Thank Renee P
Reviewed November 5, 2012

This is a find! Thomas was recommended to me by friends, and I was not disappointed. He is very knowledgeable, speaks 3 languages fluently, and is also very easy-going, with a good sense a humor. We spent 3 days with him, and even when the weather was bad, we had a great time!

Reviewed September 19, 2012

This past January my husband and I had less than half a day to tour these cities in Chile between leaving our cruise ship at 9 a.m. and flying home that evening to the U.S. I tell everyone how lucky I was to have booked a private tour with Thomas Poussard. Thomas is a very pleasant and knowledeable young man who adjusted the tour to fit our somewhat limited stamina but yet was able to give us as full and wonderful experience of Chile as one can have in such limited time. We would recommend that anyone looking for an excellent guide contact Thomas. I believe you will be as pleased with his tour as we were.

Reviewed September 9, 2012

Last November, I arranged two half day walking tours with Thomas. We exchanged several emails that enabled Thomas to custom tailor the tours to our interests and fitness level. On the first morning in Valparaiso, we were greeted by Thomas who enthusiastically shared his passion for Valparaiso. His knowledge of history, art, architecture and, politics turned the walks into a discovery of Valparaiso and Chile. Thomas was the perfect guide for us with his background as a journalist and his knowledge as a local. We have since recommended Thomas to other friends who have visited Valparaiso.
Nadia (Toronto, Canada)