“I miss Vina”

Jaguar Hostel + Living
Reviewed June 20, 2012

As a person who takes hostel review very seriously I want to let future travels know how great this hostel was. I stayed here for six nights and did not want to leave. I truly felt like I was home. The rooms were comfortable, everything was very well kept and clean and the food was delicious. The atmosphere of the common area is very relaxed and is perfect for a Chile get away. Also less than a five minute walk to the west is the ocean with a swimmable beach and great restaurants.

To be honest all of these aspects were great but what is best about the hostel is the staff. I felt like I was living with family. They were so nice and so helpful and made my stay mare than perfect. We became friends over my week there and I made sure to get a picture with them so I could remember them better. Truly some amazing people. I hope that by reading this review you take me seriously because this place will no doubt make your Chile experience.

Room Tip: The whole is hostel is great, I don't think the room matters
  • Stayed: May 2012, traveled solo
2  Thank bryan t
Management response:Responded July 4, 2012

Thank you very much for your words, we were very fortunate to have you in the hostel, I hope you continue to practice your Spanish. We're glad you enjoyed your stay and your visit to Chile. Best Regards

Reviewed May 13, 2012

The B@B has a great location. It is located in a very pleasant neighborhood, within easy walking distance to tourist attractions, the beach, banks and restaurants. It may be a bit tricky to find as it is on a small but cozy street. The area and the building felt safe. The bus station is within walking distance as well.
Our room and the entire premises were clean, cozy and well maintained.
The staff and owners were very hospitable and informative (one spoke English).
The shared bathroom with bathtub was large, bright and clean. Our twin room was smallish but big enough to sleep in. The beds were comfortable and the linen and towels were decent and clean. There is a pleasant back yard with seating area and grill. There is a well equipped kitchen available for guests as well.
The Wi-Fi was good and reached our room as well. Breakfast was exceptionally good. Both were included in the room rate.
Their website does not work properly, if at all…!
This was a good choice. I would recommend this place to a friend.

• Stayed: April 2012, traveled with friends
1  Thank povetron
Management response:Responded July 4, 2012

Thank you very much! We're glad you enjoyed your stay and your stay in Chile, we are always making improvements to provide a unique experience and an original service with fulfilling all the expectations of guests. We hope you enjoy all your upcoming trips. Best Regards

Reviewed April 1, 2012

Martha and Patricia were very warm and welcoming, the breakfasts were excellent, the public areas of the hostele very comfortable. I appreciated the location: walking distance close to restaurants, the beach, and public transportation. I felt very safe and secure in the building. The fellow guests were equally warm and friendly, so the Jaguar very quickly felt like a home away from home. Since I was travelling on a budget, my room was small but had the en suite bathroom I desired and plenty of storage space. Most of their rooms were larger, and I found I had everything I needed. I hope to return to Vina del Mar and would definitely stay at the Jaguar again.

• Stayed: March 2012, traveled solo
1  Thank Teresa M
Management response:Responded July 4, 2012

Many thanks for your nice words we send you a big hug and wish you the best.

Reviewed February 11, 2012

!!!!!!likkkeeeee!!!!!!

we booked 2 nights and in the end we had a week lot of good experince!!!

i definetly come back.....be prepared for asado ,-having a good time and lay down in the hammock!!!

i arrived and ((( feel good ))) and welcome as i entered the door!everything is clean there,the braekfast is perfect and richie,his sister and the 'angel of jaguar' patricia (preparing the breakfast,cleaning...), shishi (you will meet him there) are innenarrable!!!

!IT IS BEYOND ALL DESCRIPTION!

!!! muchas gracias por todo !!!

• Stayed: February 2012
1  Thank alexhatfernweh
JaguarVinadelmar, Gerente at Jaguar Hostel + Living, responded to this reviewResponded June 19, 2013

We appreciate your comments and recommendations and look forward to your next trip to vineyard with new surprises always focused on keeping our hospitality, improve our service and infrastructure. The best of the vibes and to keep traveling!

Regards

Reviewed January 19, 2012

After having spent 3 nights on the hill, we wanted something closer to town, but the accommodations always look fine online... till you actually see them. So we checked out at least 5 hostels/hotels in Vina del Mar within a similar price range. Res. Jaguar was the best, it is in a great location and within walking distance of the beach, restaurants, buses etc. We loved the decor and the ambiance, and our bed was very comfortable, and the breakfast good. You have access to the kitchen which is always clean and ready to use. There is a living room and a patio that are great places to just hang out.

• Stayed: January 2012, traveled as a couple
4  Thank hpytrvlr-yvr
Reviewed December 23, 2011

What a sweet cosy hostel. I wish I could go back and live there a little longer, you can hire apartments if you like. Ricardo, you are so warm and lovely, making my travels MOST memorable ... I love it there... When I return to Vina, Ill stay there for a lot longer... my heart melts happily on your hammock!
Yay for Jaguar

• Stayed: December 2011, traveled solo
Reviewed May 25, 2011

This accommodation really doesn't have a description, it's kind of a B&B and kind of a hostel but it's definitely a deal. I had my own room and bathroom for $30 a night. The room was spotless and Patty made me a great breakfast (and big) every morning. She made my bed and cleaned my room every day. Now for the odd component. I was there during the off season, so I was the only guest. The rest of the house was filled with college students who live there. Richie (owner) told me that when they leave for summer break (December), then he fills the rooms with travelers. Richie speaks English but no one else does so it's a little weird and lonely if you wanted the typical B&B experience. I was visiting my daughter who is studying in Valpo, so it didn't matter to me.

• Stayed: April 2011, traveled solo