“Excellent Steak and Service in Festival City”
Review of Macaroni Grill

Macaroni Grill
Ranked #3,244 of 10,059 Restaurants in Dubai
Reviewed December 30, 2012

This was my second visit to the Macaroni grill; the first took place last year at the Dubai Mall. This is a very clean and we'll set up restaurant though it is hidden a corner on the second level next to a clothing store. I arrived very late (11:30pm) and was very glad to find out the restaurant was still serving food until midnight. Everyone, particularly the waiter, was very courteous and professional. The appetizer came out almost immediately. Shortly after finishing the main course was presented - a BBQ filet with a pasta side dish. This was one of the best filets I've had in a long time and I was very impressed with the presentation of the meal. For the price, even though it was one of the more expensive items on the menu, the filet was certainly worth trying because, in part, you will pay double the price in higher-class establishments for an equal or lower grade of meat. I definitely recommend this restaurant to anyone looking for a good meal in Festival City. The only thing that could have made the meal better was a glass of wine, but it is very rare for a restaurant outside of a hotel to have a liquor license in Dubai.

Reviewed November 28, 2012

Ordered salmon which came with a side salad. Went home and had sickness and diarrhoea all night . Spent next day in bed. As that was all I ate that day, it had to be that.

Reviewed November 6, 2012

Romano's Macaroni Grill is an italian restaurant located in the 1st floor of the Shopping centre "Dubai Mall" with a view to the Dubai Acquarium, one of the famous attraction of the Mall. The restaurant proposed italian cuisine such as pasta, pizza and some italian dishes.
I went for the first time at midday and the restaurant was 95% empty. The service is ok but I was disappointed with my dish selected which was a chicken marsala with pasta. It was not so italian, perhaps because the personal is from Asia, but the cuisine and the way to cook is not good compared as italian cuisine. Reason why I advice to avoid this restaurant if you are looking for real italian cuisine.

Reviewed October 6, 2012

OK, so we're talking about Dubai, where everything is artificial and imported. Macaroni's at the Festival City is no exception: with its (very good) Filippina waiting staff; large open seating areas; modern decor with brick facades, Macaroni looks and feels about as Italian as I do (not). For all that, it's a quality mid-range diner, with good food and fast, professional service.

During my visit in October 2012, I started with bruschetta with what was supposed to be avocado and shrimp, but came with shrimp, tomatoes and what looked like cannellini beans. I didn't like it very much, but the bruschetta bread was crisp on the outside, and wonderfully soft and chewy inside. I ordered the grilled salmon, which came with rice and cabbage, and grilled lemon. The Salmon was done to perfection, and it was a good healthy, tasty combo. The warm herb bread with seasoned olive oil was also great. I had a bottle of San Pellegrino (no wine is a drawback).

Service was very crisp. I told them I had a movie to get to, and they managed to have the whole meal done and dusted in less than 40 minutes, admittedly during what was probably a slow part of the evening.

The cost of the meal was AED113 (USD31). Not bad in any one's terms, and pretty much par for the course in Dubai.

Overall, Macaroni's ambience was bland with more than a hint of chain-restaurant about it. But it still provided a genuinely good meal, pretty good value for money, with slick service. It is fine for what is.

Reviewed September 17, 2012

Been several times to Macaroni Grill in The Dubai Mall, and service and food were fantastic.
But yesterday i went to the Festival City branch, and it was a huge disappointment.
Our server was frowning the whole time, everyone got their hot bread appetizer except us (we weren't even offered to get one), food was cold, pasta was sticky and fish was very oily.
The bigger disappointment was that i actually made a complain about that to the manager, and all he said was "Thanks for your feedback"!
Not a satisfied experience at all.