“Indian food with a twist”
Review of Nina

Nina
Ranked #333 of 9,929 Restaurants in Dubai
Cuisines: Indian
Good for: Romantic, Large groups, Special occasions
Dining options: Late Night, Dinner, Reservations
Description: Nina is a colourful new-wave Indo-European dining venue. Descend the staircase and enter a vibrant, lively setting with an alluring sense of discovery. Flickering candles, curtain beads and contemporary music set the scene for an evening at Nina, the mistress of spice. The food enlivens the palate, with a strength of flavour and seductive aromas that create a journey of exploration. Open for dinner only. Chef's Recommendation Tomato Butter Chicken in Spiced Yogurt Additional Information Open Daily: 7pm - 11:30pm Closed on Sundays Serving: a la carte dinner menu(set menu for groups larger than 9 persons)Dress Code: smart Casual Entertainment: lounge music by resident DJ "In respect of local culture and tradition, the evening dining dress code is casual yet elegant. No sleeveless T-shirts, shorts or plastic flip flops will be permitted. Long Trousers only."
Reviewed May 27, 2014 via mobile

First off, if you are looking for a traditional Indian meal, it's better to stick to the usual and head to your favorite restaurant in bur Dxb or karama.
But if you're willing to experiment and are open to a fusion style of Indian cuisine then Nina's could pleasantly surprise you with different flavours.
We came here for my wife's birthday. We opted for a tasting menu in veg for my wife and a non veg option for myself. Great starters for both veg and non veg, with the mains also standing on their own.
Meal was topped off perfectly with a vanilla pannacotta in hibiscus syrup and strawberries.
This is a nice place with great ambience serving Indian food with a twist. Expect to spend around Aed 500 for 2 ppl.

3  Thank EatDrinkStayReview

Reviewed May 26, 2014

First of all, there is the fabulous 1st impressions - as you come in through the sumptuous Royal Mirage Arabian Court hotel, and then downstairs to the amazing restaurant. It sets you up for great expectations.

These were fulfilled. Service was impeccable; the food was excellent throughout, and we selected the set menu which was very reasonably priced.

Faultless.

1  Thank pps197
Reviewed May 25, 2014

We dined at Nina whilst on holiday at the One and Only Royal Mirage and would strongly recommend it. The service is excellent starting with a really warm greeting on arrival and friendly and knowledgeable waiting staff who could not do enough for you. The menu is really unusual and the spicing in the food is some of the best I have tasted anywhere. The Pumpkin and Chickpeas Filo Parcel are a delicious starter and both the Malaysian Lamb Stew and Mauritian Chicken Curry were absolutely superb. The food was so good my wife and I ordered desserts - something we rarely do in an Indian restaurant - and the Vanilla Panacotta did not dissapoint being accompanied by Hibiscus Syrup and Strawberries it finished the meal beautifully. The chef also came out to our table seeking our views of the food. I can strongly recomend this restaurant.

Reviewed May 18, 2014

I'd never heard of this restaurant, and Im glad I now know its there. Tucked away in the lower floors of the Royal Mirage, Nina has a wonderful menu, delicious food, fantastic staff. Having had issues at this hotel, we sat down at dinner feeling a little stressed. We were put at ease by the staff, who were on the right side of attentive, and very switched on and knowledgable.

The head chef visited our table a few times, which was lovely, as he was very genuine and sweet, with some interesting stories of his career. I ordered Butter Chicken and Sweet Potato, a hard choice, as it all looked amazing. The dessert was Fig Kulfi, which was like ice cream. I don't usually order dessert, and this is the second restaurant I have done so because of the awesome choices (both at this hotel!).

Thanks for looking after us guys.

2  Thank PinnyAlArab
Reviewed May 12, 2014

Nina is one of my favourite Indian restaurants in Dubai. It has a great ambience and makes for a great evening with friends or loved ones. I love the contemporary look and feel it has - great music and decor too!

We have always enjoyed the dal, butter chicken and lamb biryani. The food is perfect with the right amount of spice. The staff are very friendly and service is great. On our last visit, the chef extended his compliments with little pani puris for each of us - we really thought this was a kind gesture.

Nina also has a nice lounge-ish outdoor section - which is nice in winter. A complete dining experience.

1  Thank HappilyTraveled