“Outstanding”

Ranked #297 of 9,624 Restaurants in Dubai
Cuisines: Indian
Good for: Romantic, Large groups, Special occasions
Dining options: Dinner, Late Night, Reservations
Description: Nina is a colourful new-wave Indo-European dining venue. Descend the staircase and enter a vibrant, lively setting with an alluring sense of discovery. Flickering candles, curtain beads and contemporary music set the scene for an evening at Nina, the mistress of spice. The food enlivens the palate, with a strength of flavour and seductive aromas that create a journey of exploration. Open for dinner only. Chef's Recommendation Tomato Butter Chicken in Spiced Yogurt Additional Information Open Daily: 7pm - 11:30pm Closed on Sundays Serving: a la carte dinner menu(set menu for groups larger than 9 persons)Dress Code: smart Casual Entertainment: lounge music by resident DJ "In respect of local culture and tradition, the evening dining dress code is casual yet elegant. No sleeveless T-shirts, shorts or plastic flip flops will be permitted. Long Trousers only."
London, United Kingdom
“Outstanding”
Reviewed May 26, 2014

First of all, there is the fabulous 1st impressions - as you come in through the sumptuous Royal Mirage Arabian Court hotel, and then downstairs to the amazing restaurant. It sets you up for great expectations.

These were fulfilled. Service was impeccable; the food was excellent throughout, and we selected the set menu which was very reasonably priced.

Faultless.

1 Thank pps197

• Serbian first
  • Turkish first
Newcastle, United Kingdom
“You Must Visit...”
Reviewed May 25, 2014

We dined at Nina whilst on holiday at the One and Only Royal Mirage and would strongly recommend it. The service is excellent starting with a really warm greeting on arrival and friendly and knowledgeable waiting staff who could not do enough for you. The menu is really unusual and the spicing in the food is some of the best I have tasted anywhere. The Pumpkin and Chickpeas Filo Parcel are a delicious starter and both the Malaysian Lamb Stew and Mauritian Chicken Curry were absolutely superb. The food was so good my wife and I ordered desserts - something we rarely do in an Indian restaurant - and the Vanilla Panacotta did not dissapoint being accompanied by Hibiscus Syrup and Strawberries it finished the meal beautifully. The chef also came out to our table seeking our views of the food. I can strongly recomend this restaurant.

Dubai, United Arab Emirates
“Hidden”
Reviewed May 18, 2014

I'd never heard of this restaurant, and Im glad I now know its there. Tucked away in the lower floors of the Royal Mirage, Nina has a wonderful menu, delicious food, fantastic staff. Having had issues at this hotel, we sat down at dinner feeling a little stressed. We were put at ease by the staff, who were on the right side of attentive, and very switched on and knowledgable.

The head chef visited our table a few times, which was lovely, as he was very genuine and sweet, with some interesting stories of his career. I ordered Butter Chicken and Sweet Potato, a hard choice, as it all looked amazing. The dessert was Fig Kulfi, which was like ice cream. I don't usually order dessert, and this is the second restaurant I have done so because of the awesome choices (both at this hotel!).

Thanks for looking after us guys.

2 Thank PinnyAlArab
Dubai, United Arab Emirates
“Excellent dining experience”
Reviewed May 12, 2014

Nina is one of my favourite Indian restaurants in Dubai. It has a great ambience and makes for a great evening with friends or loved ones. I love the contemporary look and feel it has - great music and decor too!

We have always enjoyed the dal, butter chicken and lamb biryani. The food is perfect with the right amount of spice. The staff are very friendly and service is great. On our last visit, the chef extended his compliments with little pani puris for each of us - we really thought this was a kind gesture.

Nina also has a nice lounge-ish outdoor section - which is nice in winter. A complete dining experience.

1 Thank HappilyTraveled
Goychay, Azerbaijan
“wrong wrong wrong”
Reviewed May 11, 2014

Gave this a shot because it was recommended by friends. Huge mistake.

I remember looking at the menu and asking if it was Indian. The waiter boldly replied "Ind-European" fusion. I asked what this meant and he stated "Indian food without the spices".

Well folks that basically means "Indian food without the flavour".This was a ridiculous and bland dining experience. Now please don't misunderstand me; I am not saying that Indian food must be rife with chilli. We all like different standards of chilli and some of us don't like it at all. I'm not talking about chilli, I'm talking about flavour!

Seriously why would you serve this? the tragedy here is that all the ingredients, from the scallops, to the monkfish, to the prawns to the lamb (yes we ordered a lot) were of the highest possible quality. However the recipes were all wrong. Instead of Indian food, all we got was a bland flavourless sauce dishes.

At least the desserts were good.

It comes as little surprise that all the positive reviews below are from people from the UK; A country where "Indian Food" basically means an abomination consisting of North Indian cuisine badly cooked by Bangladeshis to cater to British tastes.

The sad part is that Nina's has excellet ambiece, great ingredients, wonderful staff but badly prepared food.

The only people I'd recommend this to are those who know nothing about Indian food and never want to learn.

1 Thank daymannightman