“Great if you're twenty or thirty something”
Review of Barasti Beach Bar

Barasti Beach Bar
Ranked #215 of 9,663 Restaurants in Dubai
Cuisines: Barbecue, Bar
Good for: Large groups, Bar scene
Dining options: Dinner, Late Night, Breakfast, Lunch, Delivery, Reservations
Neighborhood: The Marina
Description: The World famous Barasti Beach Bar has always been one of the city's most vibrant bars - and it's now better than ever following a huge renovation. Boasting a vast new outdoor seating area and Dubai's biggest and best live sport big screen, it's simply the best place to watch sport with a cool drink and bar snacks. Inside, live music is on throughout the week with plenty of seating for sundowners, food and a fantastic night out.
Surrey
“Great if you're twenty or thirty something”
Reviewed April 3, 2013

Food good but served by surly disinterested staff. Great place to dance on the beach with a fantastically futuristic high skyscraper backdrop.

Visited March 2013

• Arabic first
  • Finnish first
  • Polish first
  • Turkish first
Los Angeles, California
“Nice for Lunch”
Reviewed April 2, 2013

I have been here a couple of times, and it's a completely different crowd on weekends.

I like it during the week for lunch outside. The food is good, great views and the service isn't bad either.

At weekends, it's very crowed and noisy, of course it all depends on what one is looking for.

1 Thank Anuata
Dubai, United Arab Emirates
“Beach and beer”
Reviewed April 1, 2013

Love this place. There is nothing better than relaxing on the beach after a long week with a nice cocktail. Also great that you can smoke shisha on the beach. Highly recommend it to anyone - I always try to take friends from out town there for a nice relaxing catch-up chat.

Canada
“Shameful !!!”
Reviewed March 29, 2013

I am an Arab-Canadian professional and I came to Dubai for visit few days ago. After living and working in Canada for 15 years, I have never ever faced any type of racism and the first prejudice act I have ever faced in my life was in Dubai after I tried to get into a place called "Barasti" beach bar with my friends. I was fully sober and I just wanted to check out the place. There was two bouncers letting people in (one is Russian and the other guy looks Arab). The Arab looking bouncer allowed my buddies to enter and refused to let me in stating it is a "couple’s lounge". I was amazed and I have informed him that he just allowed my buddies to enter, so he ignored me and kept saying "Couples Couples". Right at that moment 7 white guys allowed to be in with no issues. The only explanation in my head was the bouncer didn’t like the way I looked (even though I was dressed appropriately and shaved, unlike many that were dressed inappropriately). I felt insulted not because I wanted to go in, but because I was treated unfairly and the “Couples Couples” answer was an excuse to not let me in. Does racism exist? The answer is Yes and Sadly, I faced it from an Arab in an Arab country. Should I change my skin color to be treated better? Should I act snobby to gain respect? IT’S A SHAME

3 Thank phaddy
Lille, France
“Good place for a drink but mainly for youngsters”
Reviewed March 28, 2013

I guess I start to age (37). This is a nice bar to have a drink in the evening, a live band and then some good tunes. It is mainly for 25-30 crowd but again, you cannot really go wrong there for a drink.