“Great Hotel”

Ranked #58 of 549 Hotels in Dubai
Bahrain
“Great Hotel”
Reviewed March 6, 2011

I have stayed @ Amwaj Rotana with my husband calebrating our anniversary.

Positive Things:

The receptionest Grace is so professional, provided us a nice room, the sea view is marvelous.

Room is huge, clean, services are so so fast, anything you ask can getted before 5 minutes.

Complimentary bottels of water in additon to coffee and tea.

Negative things:

The 18th floor smoking rooms are a bit smilly. We asked for freshners, it helps for few hours only, we asked for burners there was not any.

It was our anniversary, they promised to setup the room later but they did not, they provided us with a piece of cake, but it was not fresh at all, am sure that it was for two days ago at least.

I used the spa, all baths was wet, i asked for a cleaner, she came immedietly and did her job with a big smile.

There was not extra's in the locker, it was completely empty of flip flop, towel, robe.

We could not find any disposable bag there or ear cotton.

We used the inet for 25 dirhams per hour.

Overall i recommend this hotel and love to see more imporvement in this wonderful property.

• Stayed March 2011, traveled as a couple
1 Thank MariamShams
AmwajRotana, General Manager at Amwaj Rotana, responded to this review, March 21, 2011
Dear Guest,

Thank you for choosing Amwaj Rotana Jumeirah Beach-Dubai on your recent stay to Dubai.
I was very pleased to know that you enjoyed your stay with us and that our services met with your expectations.

Likewise please accept my sincere apologies for all the inconveniences you experienced during you visit. I have since investigated the matter and informed the concerned department heads and I assure you that all necessary steps are being taken to ensure none of our other guests have to face a similar situation.

I want to thank you again for your detailed review. It will definitely help us in improving our service standard.

I look forward to welcoming you again in our hotel in the near future.

Amwaj Rotana Jumeirah Beach-Dubai

Traveler tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (393)
  • Arabic first
  • Slovak first
  • Turkish first
Cardiff, United Kingdom
Reviewed February 27, 2011

stayed at this hotel as a birthday present, and was amazed at how friendly the staff were. we arrived early and were given our room straight away( no waiting til midday), the rooms were tidy and clean and maintained that way for the five days we were there, they even sent up a birthday cake which was a nice gesture. the hotel is situated near the walk jurmirah beach were are plenty of restaurants (italian,mexican, thai, indian, chinease as well as a few takeaway outlets as well).a great place to stay

2 Thank markb1961
Dear Guest,

Thank you for choosing Amwaj Rotana Jumeirah Beach-Dubai and for taking the time to write a review about your stay.

I was pleased to know that you enjoyed your stay with us and that our services and facilities met with your expectations.

I do look forward to have the pleasure of once again welcoming you to our Hotel in the near future.

manchester
Reviewed February 25, 2011

Booked a room only deal with lastminute.com, had a great time, we have stayed on the jbr area before so room only was fine, the walk at jbr is great with lots of restaurants all with in your budget, the hotel is clean and well run and the rooms are lovely, bathroom has a large wetroom with shower but no bath, the bed was very very cosy, had the best sleep ever. pool area was lovely but did not get much sun due to the high buildings, we stayed in feb so the sun is alot lower than it is the summer. The hotel is set on a public beach so you have no toilets,beds,bar, or shade on the beach so make sure you take things for the beach with you i.e cool bag, mats and sun shade, we took a cool bag and asked the pool bar to fill it with ice for us, we then filled it with cans and water purchased from the supermarket, it was great and are drinks stayed cool. The metro is a very good way to travel and see lots of Dubai we use this every time we vist Dubai its a great service and easy to use. So if you want a hotel thats in the jbr area, clean, well run, good 5 star at a great price this is the one!.

2 Thank happyhomemanchester
AmwajRotana, General Manager at Amwaj Rotana, responded to this review, April 10, 2011
Dear Guest,

I was delighted reading your feedback and glad to know that you have enjoyed your stay with us.

My team and I share the same passion in trying to please our guests though high standard of service and facilities which we strive to achieve at all times.

Nevertheless, the friendly and genuine smile of our team members is another reason that sets us apart from our competitors.

Thank you once again and we look forward to welcoming you back to Amwaj Jumeirah Beach-Dubai in the near future.

Kind regards,

Vancouver, Canada
Reviewed February 22, 2011

well i stayed in AR for 3 days ... the hotel is just excellent there was a problem with my reservations which i booked a full sea view room but the voucher i had was for a partial sea view .. but " Happy" at the reception upgraded me to a full sea view free ! so very happy with it .. room was just great over looking the palm Jumeirah and the Atlantis hotel ... breakfast was a great Brunch ... all the best things .... pool was great but it was a bit hard to get a suntan because of tall buildings around the hotel so u had change ur bed every now and then ... there is a elevator which gives a direct access to the beach ( beach is public) ...the only thing i didn't like was that there was no bath tub in any room and all of them only had a shower ! anyway every thing was excellent and great .. nothing more to ask !!!

• Stayed December 2010, traveled with friends
3 Thank RoozbeH
Dear Guest,

Thank you very much for staying at Amwaj Rotana Jumeirah Beach-Dubai.

I was pleased to know that you have enjoyed your stay with us and that we have provided you with the finest personalized service with a warm, relaxed and inviting atmosphere.

I look forward to welcoming you back to Amwaj Rotana Jumeirah Beach-Dubai in the near future and assuring you of our best services and prompt attention at all times.

aussie un uk
Reviewed February 22, 2011

We have just returned home from a 3 night stay in this hotel and are wishing we were there for another week. Everything about this hotel is great. The rooms are fabulous, very spacious and comfortable. The bathroom had the biggest shower I have ever seen. The food in the breakfast buffet was really good, plenty of it and a great selection to choose from. The staff were all very helpful and friendly. Just across the road from the beach which is very easily accessed via a bridge. Beach bags are provided from housekeeping if you wish to spend time at the beach. The pool area is very nice and always well maintained. We will be going back to this hotel without a doubt.

2 Thank aussie051
Dear Guest,

Firstly, I would like to sincerely thank you for choosing Amwaj Rotana Jumeirah Beach-Dubai on your visit to Dubai.

I am delighted to read your comments and I am happy that our services and facilities met your expectations, as we do look forward to welcoming you again in the not too distant future.

Amwaj Rotana Jumeira Beach-Dubai
coventry
Reviewed February 16, 2011

Stayed 6 days at Amwaj on a good deal from lastminute.com in a Club room. Room on 17th floor was spacious, comfortable and well equipped and housekeeping kept it immaculate. Tea and coffee making facilities were very welcome. I used the Club Rotana lounge on 25th floor for breakfast, evening cocktails/canapes and complimentary internet. For me the lounge was the jewel in the crown of my stay. The staff were superb - charming and helpful - and the breakfasts were excellent with good food selection and attentive service. Evening cocktails were hugely enjoyable, apart from a couple of evenings when inconsiderate Middle Eastern parents brought in young children who were noisy and poorly behaved. The hotel must take some blame for not enforcing their stated rules on children in the lounge. But it was still a great place to relax. I used Horizons restaurant once and Rosso restaurant 4 times. For me the food in these venues did let the hotel down a bit. In Rosso, for example, I could not get a pizza at 1945hr one evening. This seemed a little bizarre for an Italian restaurant. Also one meal was spoilt by noisy, boorish expats showing off at the bar. But really these were minor issues and I had a hugely enjoyable stay and would return without hesitation. I would definitely go for the club floor option again, where the staff were especially wonderful. In fact, everyone in the hotel was friendly and courteous and a credit to the management.
Finally, the hotel is 10 minute walk to Jumairah Lakes Metro station, with the Metro a great way to get around providing you amnage to figure out the ticketing operation.

• Stayed February 2011, traveled solo
1 Thank marinerCoventry
Dear Guest,

Thank you very much for staying at Amwaj Rotana Jumeirah Beach-Dubai.

I am delighted to read your comments and I am happy that you had a nice experience with us and that the services of our staff met your expectations. I sincerely appreciate your comments as these goes along way in motivating our entire staff.

In view of your comments regarding Rosso, please note that I have personally investigated this matter and I assure you that all necessary steps are being taken to ensure none of our other guests have to face a similar situation.

I look forward to welcoming you back in the near future and assuring you of our best services and prompt attention at all times.

london
Reviewed February 2, 2011

As a brand new hotel in Dubai and being 5 star our expectations were that of 5* quality.
We stayed in peak time and paid peak prices to stay here. We normally stay at the Madniet Jumeirah but we decided to stay here as it was a little cheaper but we do regret this. We wish we had paid the small price difference as the difference in quality was huge.
Firstly: we arrived early, and normally I would email the hotel in advance for an early check in but as one of the reviews had said they were very good to allow them to check-in early, so I didnt think it would be a problem. We arrived at the hotel at 8.30am after an overnight flight and had to wait till 2.30pm to check in. We were annoyed with this.
Secondly: The outdoor jacuzzi tub absolutely stunk. Something I would not expect for a 5*. Also the hotel building shadows the entire pool area so no hope of sunbathing which was very disappointing.
Thridly: The rooms are very average, nothing like the rooms in some of the 5* hotels you get in Dubai. Again disappointing.

On the plus side, the food was good, and the hotel was very clean. I dont think our stay was good value for the money we had spent, and I would describe this as a 4* rather than a 5*. I personally pay slightly more and stay at a real 5* hotel.

• Stayed January 2011, traveled as a couple
Dear Guest,

Thank you for staying at Amwaj Jumeirah Beach-Dubai on your visit to Dubai.

I sincerely apologize for the inconvenience caused to you during your check in. The standard check in time in any hotel is normally at 2pm while we can accommodate guests to have a room earlier than the check in time; the room is subject to availability. Likewise, the hotel was fully booked during the date of your stay thus unable to provide you with a room at that day.

In view of your other comments, I have discussed the same to the concerned department heads and rest assured that all necessary steps have been taken to ensure our services and facilities will meet the expectations of our guests.

I look forward to welcoming you back in the near future.