“we did not want to come home” 5 of 5 bubbles
Review of Amwaj Rotana

Amwaj Rotana
Ranked #75 of 544 Hotels in Dubai
manchester
“we did not want to come home”
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed February 25, 2011

Booked a room only deal with lastminute.com, had a great time, we have stayed on the jbr area before so room only was fine, the walk at jbr is great with lots of restaurants all with in your budget, the hotel is clean and well run and the rooms are lovely, bathroom has a large wetroom with shower but no bath, the bed was very very cosy, had the best sleep ever. pool area was lovely but did not get much sun due to the high buildings, we stayed in feb so the sun is alot lower than it is the summer. The hotel is set on a public beach so you have no toilets,beds,bar, or shade on the beach so make sure you take things for the beach with you i.e cool bag, mats and sun shade, we took a cool bag and asked the pool bar to fill it with ice for us, we then filled it with cans and water purchased from the supermarket, it was great and are drinks stayed cool. The metro is a very good way to travel and see lots of Dubai we use this every time we vist Dubai its a great service and easy to use. So if you want a hotel thats in the jbr area, clean, well run, good 5 star at a great price this is the one!.

2 Thank happyhomemanchester
AmwajRotana, General Manager at Amwaj Rotana, responded to this review, April 10, 2011
Dear Guest,

I was delighted reading your feedback and glad to know that you have enjoyed your stay with us.

My team and I share the same passion in trying to please our guests though high standard of service and facilities which we strive to achieve at all times.

Nevertheless, the friendly and genuine smile of our team members is another reason that sets us apart from our competitors.

Thank you once again and we look forward to welcoming you back to Amwaj Jumeirah Beach-Dubai in the near future.

Kind regards,

Amwaj Rotana Jumeirah Beach-Dubai

Traveler tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (376)
  • Arabic first
  • Slovak first
  • Turkish first
Vancouver, Canada
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed February 22, 2011

well i stayed in AR for 3 days ... the hotel is just excellent there was a problem with my reservations which i booked a full sea view room but the voucher i had was for a partial sea view .. but " Happy" at the reception upgraded me to a full sea view free ! so very happy with it .. room was just great over looking the palm Jumeirah and the Atlantis hotel ... breakfast was a great Brunch ... all the best things .... pool was great but it was a bit hard to get a suntan because of tall buildings around the hotel so u had change ur bed every now and then ... there is a elevator which gives a direct access to the beach ( beach is public) ...the only thing i didn't like was that there was no bath tub in any room and all of them only had a shower ! anyway every thing was excellent and great .. nothing more to ask !!!

• Stayed December 2010, traveled with friends
3 Thank RoozbeH
AmwajRotana, General Manager at Amwaj Rotana, responded to this review, March 21, 2011
Dear Guest,

Thank you very much for staying at Amwaj Rotana Jumeirah Beach-Dubai.

I was pleased to know that you have enjoyed your stay with us and that we have provided you with the finest personalized service with a warm, relaxed and inviting atmosphere.

I look forward to welcoming you back to Amwaj Rotana Jumeirah Beach-Dubai in the near future and assuring you of our best services and prompt attention at all times.

aussie un uk
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed February 22, 2011

We have just returned home from a 3 night stay in this hotel and are wishing we were there for another week. Everything about this hotel is great. The rooms are fabulous, very spacious and comfortable. The bathroom had the biggest shower I have ever seen. The food in the breakfast buffet was really good, plenty of it and a great selection to choose from. The staff were all very helpful and friendly. Just across the road from the beach which is very easily accessed via a bridge. Beach bags are provided from housekeeping if you wish to spend time at the beach. The pool area is very nice and always well maintained. We will be going back to this hotel without a doubt.

2 Thank aussie051
Dear Guest,

Firstly, I would like to sincerely thank you for choosing Amwaj Rotana Jumeirah Beach-Dubai on your visit to Dubai.

I am delighted to read your comments and I am happy that our services and facilities met your expectations, as we do look forward to welcoming you again in the not too distant future.

Amwaj Rotana Jumeira Beach-Dubai
coventry
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed February 16, 2011

Stayed 6 days at Amwaj on a good deal from lastminute.com in a Club room. Room on 17th floor was spacious, comfortable and well equipped and housekeeping kept it immaculate. Tea and coffee making facilities were very welcome. I used the Club Rotana lounge on 25th floor for breakfast, evening cocktails/canapes and complimentary internet. For me the lounge was the jewel in the crown of my stay. The staff were superb - charming and helpful - and the breakfasts were excellent with good food selection and attentive service. Evening cocktails were hugely enjoyable, apart from a couple of evenings when inconsiderate Middle Eastern parents brought in young children who were noisy and poorly behaved. The hotel must take some blame for not enforcing their stated rules on children in the lounge. But it was still a great place to relax. I used Horizons restaurant once and Rosso restaurant 4 times. For me the food in these venues did let the hotel down a bit. In Rosso, for example, I could not get a pizza at 1945hr one evening. This seemed a little bizarre for an Italian restaurant. Also one meal was spoilt by noisy, boorish expats showing off at the bar. But really these were minor issues and I had a hugely enjoyable stay and would return without hesitation. I would definitely go for the club floor option again, where the staff were especially wonderful. In fact, everyone in the hotel was friendly and courteous and a credit to the management.
Finally, the hotel is 10 minute walk to Jumairah Lakes Metro station, with the Metro a great way to get around providing you amnage to figure out the ticketing operation.

• Stayed February 2011, traveled solo
1 Thank marinerCoventry
Dear Guest,

Thank you very much for staying at Amwaj Rotana Jumeirah Beach-Dubai.

I am delighted to read your comments and I am happy that you had a nice experience with us and that the services of our staff met your expectations. I sincerely appreciate your comments as these goes along way in motivating our entire staff.

In view of your comments regarding Rosso, please note that I have personally investigated this matter and I assure you that all necessary steps are being taken to ensure none of our other guests have to face a similar situation.

I look forward to welcoming you back in the near future and assuring you of our best services and prompt attention at all times.

london
3 of 5 bubbles Reviewed February 2, 2011

As a brand new hotel in Dubai and being 5 star our expectations were that of 5* quality.
We stayed in peak time and paid peak prices to stay here. We normally stay at the Madniet Jumeirah but we decided to stay here as it was a little cheaper but we do regret this. We wish we had paid the small price difference as the difference in quality was huge.
Firstly: we arrived early, and normally I would email the hotel in advance for an early check in but as one of the reviews had said they were very good to allow them to check-in early, so I didnt think it would be a problem. We arrived at the hotel at 8.30am after an overnight flight and had to wait till 2.30pm to check in. We were annoyed with this.
Secondly: The outdoor jacuzzi tub absolutely stunk. Something I would not expect for a 5*. Also the hotel building shadows the entire pool area so no hope of sunbathing which was very disappointing.
Thridly: The rooms are very average, nothing like the rooms in some of the 5* hotels you get in Dubai. Again disappointing.

On the plus side, the food was good, and the hotel was very clean. I dont think our stay was good value for the money we had spent, and I would describe this as a 4* rather than a 5*. I personally pay slightly more and stay at a real 5* hotel.

• Stayed January 2011, traveled as a couple
    • 1 of 5 bubbles
Dear Guest,

Thank you for staying at Amwaj Jumeirah Beach-Dubai on your visit to Dubai.

I sincerely apologize for the inconvenience caused to you during your check in. The standard check in time in any hotel is normally at 2pm while we can accommodate guests to have a room earlier than the check in time; the room is subject to availability. Likewise, the hotel was fully booked during the date of your stay thus unable to provide you with a room at that day.

In view of your other comments, I have discussed the same to the concerned department heads and rest assured that all necessary steps have been taken to ensure our services and facilities will meet the expectations of our guests.

I look forward to welcoming you back in the near future.

worldwide
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed February 2, 2011

I’m a thirty-something high end traveler, spending my time between the US, Europe, and the Middle and Far East. I'll make this one short and sweet – the Amwaj Rotana is not a high end 5 star, but at $200-250/ night for beach front rooms right on JBR walk, well, you just can't beat those prices.

There are more luxurious hotels, grander lobbies, bigger balconies, better pools, softer pillows, better spa-like showers, hotter receptionists, etc. This isn’t the nicest hotel I’ve stayed at, not even in the top-ten, but it’s a good hotel, in a great location and at a fantastic price. Bump up the budget and you can do better, a lot better in fact, but that's always going to be the case.

I've stayed at hotels all over Dubai and this hotel is perfect for someone looking for a base for a weekend in Dubai without blowing $300- 500/ night. The hotel here isn't the experience, it's a medium for the experience, which in this case is the beach, nightlife, and shopping of Dubai. The Amwaj Rotana is a perfect place to access all of those, at a reasonable price and without much fuss.

For those not familiar with Dubai, JBR is one of the hearts of the expat community, and really one of the only fun, walk able areas of an otherwise driving focused city. The beach which borders the hotel (direct access via the pool) is the 'kool kids beach' in Dubai, where all rick boys in their yachts pull up and blast music onto the beach, girls can wear bikini's without getting eye-rapped by wierdos (definitely not the case on all UAE beaches), occasionally I see people openly drinking (though I would not recommend that - it's against the law).

Other hotels haven't figured out that there is tremendous oversupply in the market and they need to lower prices and deliver on service - this one has and they've really hit the mark.

As I said before, you just can't beat those prices.

3 Thank RRH_Panta_Rei

Abu Dhabi
2 of 5 bubbles Reviewed January 30, 2011

From the moment we checked in, we told them we were staying for four nights and of course by day three they were informing us we had to check out, then a little bit later, we could stay but would have to move to another room, after several more conversations including going down to talk with the "manager" we were allowed to stay our fourth night in the same room, but for an increased amount. If that had been all, I wouldn't bother writing a review. Next is the location which would be great if you didn't have to look at an abandoned construction site with garbage and equipment everywhere instead of a beach. There was a constant high pitched hum outside our room all four days. The rooms are spacious, but it would be nice if they had given the bathrooms a little more of that space. And if you are expecting a nice comfortable bed...forget it. We used the gym every day, which is good for a hotel gym, but only if you like the three channels they get on the equipment TV's, one of which doesn't have audio! And forget about eating there if you would like a good meal. The chefs use so much oil to cook the eggs (unless you beg them not to) that the first day it was completely inedible. Though Matthew and the other servers try very hard to please which is the only good thing I can say about the Amwaj Rotana. Go across the street to the Sheraton or down to the Sofitel if you'd like to stay in the area!

• Stayed January 2011, traveled on business
    • 1 of 5 bubbles
    • 3 of 5 bubbles
AmwajRotana, General Manager at Amwaj Rotana, responded to this review, March 22, 2011
Dear Guest,

It is with disappointment that I read your comments and I sincerely apologize for the inconvenience you experienced during your stay.

I am sure that you have received our online guests comment form and filled each questions with your concerns. Likewise, I have noted all the points in your comments and personally discussed the same to all department heads concerned. Rest assured that all necessary steps have been taken to ensure our services and facilities will meet the expectations of our guests and most importantly to avoid similar situation to occur in the future.

With regards to the abandoned construction site in front of the hotel, we are in constant communication with the officials for the removal of the debris within the area and hopefully this will be sorted out at the earliest.

Thank you once again for your detailed review as this will help us to improve our standards.

We look forward to welcoming you to Amwaj Rotana once again and trust that these incidences will not deter you from using our facilities in the future.

Sincerely yours,