“Not too bad”
Review of Amwaj Rotana

Amwaj Rotana
Ranked #74 of 561 Hotels in Dubai
Reviewed October 23, 2012

We stayed here as we needed to search for accomodation in Dubai and it was nicely positioned to view the areas we were looking at. I booked us into the Club rooms. The staff were excellant and incredibly helpful and it was them that made the stay pleasant!! The room was average, getting a bit tired. No water pressure in the shower! Food and resaurants were nice. Access to the beach a bit of a walk over the car park. View from the room fantastic! Need to put carpets or insulation in the Club room above as we could hear everything going on there!

Room Tip: If you stay in the Club rooms make sure that you are not directly under the Club room as this is on...
  • Stayed: October 2012, traveled as a couple
AmwajRotana, General Manager at Amwaj Rotana, responded to this reviewResponded November 12, 2012

Dear Guest,

First and foremost, thank you for choosing to stay in our hotel during your visit to Dubai and for your feedback at TripAdvisor.

I have noted all your comments and I am pleased to inform you that each of your points were certainly taken on board and I have personally discussed with the relevant departments for corrective actions to be taken to ensure that none of our guests will face similar situation in the future.

It is our goal to maintain the highest standards of service to all our guests and we appreciate you having taken the time to write to us. It is only from feedback such as yours that we are able to improve our facilities and services.

Thank you once again, I look forward to welcoming you in our hotel and trust that this incidences will not deter you from using our facilities in the future.

Amwaj Rotana Jumeirah Beach-Dubai

Write a ReviewReviews (3,360)

Reviewed October 21, 2012

I had stayed at towers rotana, burjuman rotana and rose rayhaan before so I was pretty confident that amwaj rotana would meet the high level of service I was accustomed to. The hotel was pretty much average, definitely not a 5 stars hotel. We had paid for bed and breakfast but we were upgraded to half board when we checked in which I initially thought was awesome. The buffet restaurant was almost a nightmare. Having just spent 3 nights at the Yas Viceroy in Abu Dhabi, we couldn't help but compare the variety both hotels offered. The amwaj buffet restaurant always so full and it was a bit of a shocker to discover you had to pay for drinks separately (even water)! The wok station queue was always long, especially in the mornings when you want to have eggs and it got really discouraging. After 2 nights, we stopped having dinner at the hotel and went to the walk instead. The rooms looked old and I had cleanliness issues especially with the bath tub in our room. It seemed there was some accumulated dirt by the sides, if you looked well. That certainly ended any soaking intentions I had! The pool wasn't so small but it was crowded. The hotel definitely needs 2 pools. In all, I definitely wouldn't be coming back to Amwaj rotana. You can pay a fraction of the price at the other rotana hotels I mentioned previously and enjoy far better quality service!

• Stayed: September 2012
AmwajRotana, General Manager at Amwaj Rotana, responded to this reviewResponded October 24, 2012

Dear Guest,

First and foremost, thank you for choosing to stay in our hotel during your recent visit to Dubai and for taking the time to address your feedback.

I have noted all your comments and I am pleased to inform you that each of your points were certainly taken on board and discussed with the relevant departments.

Thank you once again for your feedback and I look forward to welcoming you in our hotel in the not too distant future.

Reviewed October 19, 2012

Good location, very helpfully staff, reasonable sized rooms. Adequate dining and breakfast. Stop fr 4 nights, and did the job. Disappointing wifi. Nearb beach and jbr walk. Would recommend for a short break.

Stayed: March 2012, traveled as a couple
1  Thank Jaywillott

Dear Guest,

Firstly, I would like to thank you for choosing the Amwaj Rotana Hotel and I was pleased to hear that your stay with was both comfortable and enjoyable.

it is our goal to maintain the highest standards of service to all our guests and we appreciate you having taken the time to write to us. It is only from feedback such as yours that we are able to improve our facilities and services.

Thank you once again and we do look forward to have the pleasure of welcoming you and your guests to our hotel in the not too distant future.

Reviewed October 16, 2012

my partner and I had a brilliant stay at the Amwaj Rotana Hotel. I had taken an early flight into Dubai so arrived at the hotel around 9am after having a brilliant private hotel transfer when arriving at the hotel the staff open the car door for you as well as the hotel door and take your luggage a very good start and first impression. My room wasnt ready understandably however i was given a complementary breakfast while i waited for my room to be ready. The room was ready around 10am which was very good.
The breakfast was delicious however there was not very much variation each day. We were on the 7th floor staying in a sea view room, our room was lovely and the bed was extremely comfy. We ate in the horizon resturant eat night as this was part of our half board package, all the staff were very attentive and pleasant, again however there was not much variation between each day so we often ate the same thing every evening!
The staff were also attentive at breakfast they were even able to provide my partner with his favourite peanut butter!
The outside pool is lovely we never had a problem with getting sunloungers the sunloungers were out of the sun which was nice and they were also very comfy. There is no direct access to the beach, to get to it you have to walk through a car park but this wasnt a problem, the beach was very busy especially in the afternoons.
The hotel it self was very pleasant all of the staff were very nice, our room was cleaned twice a day, it even got cleaned after we told the cleaner it didnt need doing!
The only downside to the hotel is that there are no stairs and there are only 3 lifts, in the evenings we were waiting for the lifts for a very long time which wasn't a huge issue as we were on the 7th floor but I could imagine if we had been further up it would of been greatly frustrating.
Another downside is that the wifi is extremly expensive I worked out it was about £17 each day, we only paid for wifi on our first day and didnt bother getting it again.
Overall we had a very pleasant stay, i would definately recommend this hotel to anyone we will stay at this hotel again if we ever go back to Dubai

Room Tip: classic sea view room are lovely however to see a view of Atlantis Palm you need to go for a club ro...
1  Thank vicki b
AmwajRotana, General Manager at Amwaj Rotana, responded to this reviewResponded October 17, 2012

Dear Guest,

With regards to our elevators, unfortunately, the building was designed with only 3 elevators installed. We are in constant communication with the elevator service provider to increase the speed of the elevators which is the only alternative we can provide at the moment. All Rotana Hotels are charging internet usage which we benchmark with our competitor hotels around our area where all of them are charging internet fee.

Reviewed October 11, 2012

Husband & I just returned from 10 days holiday at The Amwaj Rotana Hotel having had a great stay there...

We are regular visitors to Dubai ( last visit was at LRM) & decided to try this one this time & we weren't disappointed. Excellent value - we were up on 24th floor- lovely view out to Gulf & hotels on Palm. - on the free half board basis with use of Club facilities which included free drinks with delicious selection of Canapes from 6-8pm nightly along with afternoon tea, free WiFi.& breakfast in club room if we wanted but to be honest there was a bigger selaction on offer in Horizon & more atmosphere each morning. Staff in Club were so very helpful & pleasant-Patrick & Arun & all the others whose names I forget but were just as efficient.We were welcomed us each evening like "old friends"

Hotel standards in general are very good and cannot complain as it was all good.

Rooms spotlessly clean & beds very comfortable,An excellent example of this was that I lost a small diamond earring under bed and was not looking forward to pulling bed out to retrieve said item,to find what "lurked" underneath as there are some horrendous stories about all manner of items found under hotel beds. The area didn't have any unexpected items hidden away underneath other than my earring and it was spotlessly clean-no evidence of dirt,or dust to be found, so well done to cleaning staff-your Management should be proud of you..

Food in Horizon was good & varied -would have enjoyed pork bacon as veal bacon very fatty & turkey bacon not the same as real bacon - but I do realise it is a Muslim country & pork is forbidden even though other hotels in Dubai do serve it for breakfast in a separate area away from other foods.

Ate in Benihana & it was okay-had dinner on the Saturday with the Japanese Chef in attendance demonstrating his skills? but I think it would be better to choose from the menu & have your own table as menu is varied.

Pool area very pleasant & although busy sun loungers were available. Bar at pool very pleasant to sit at either during daytime of for a nightcap in evening-lovely constant breeze as weather now cooling off a bit.

All in all a good hotel & we would definately return. We have already recommended it to some friends&7 they are now seriously considering changing previous plans to go there. There is still building going on around the area but it never bothered us nor did we hear any other guests complain - there is always going to be building in Dubai.

Oktoberfest celebrations were on in hotel for 3 days during our stay with a group from ?Germany ?Bavaria providing the music & a most enjoyable evening with excellent food & beer it was....

Because we felt our hotel was excellent value we decided to "push the boat out" & took a taxi to The Grosvenor House Hotel on our last night & had the most fantastic meal/curry at Indego- This was our 3rd time there over the years but it just gets better.

Room Tip: Didn't use the Spa . We were on 24th floor -no problem with lifts but can see why many people do...
1  Thank mistybabe

Reviewed October 10, 2012

I would usually wait until I leave a hotel to rate it not 2 hours after checking in but it's been that bad I hope others can learn from my mistake... Upon check in the woman tried to charge me an extra 200.00 and stated it was the conversion rate I don't know what planet she thought I came from but after making me dig my through my suitcase and after involving her manager they charged me the correct amount and apologised I just wonder how many other people got stitched before me? They then allocated me a twin room not the premium king I booked, check in took 45 minutes then I had to wait in my room for my luggage to come up which took another 10 so my luggage took an hour to reach my room I hope the next 6 days get better

• Stayed: October 2012, traveled solo
2  Thank Tanya H

Dear Guest,

First and foremost, thank you for choosing to stay in our hotel during your recent visit to Dubai and for taking the time in giving your feedback.

I would highly appreciate if you could email me on which dates you checked in/out in our hotel and which room you have stayed in order to investigate the same and reply back to you accordingly.

You can email me at executive.amwaj@rotana.com and I will get back to you at the soonest.

Thank you once again and I look forward to receiving your reply.

Reviewed October 10, 2012

we stopped here for 3 nights on return from honeymoon in mauritius and thought that we were coming from total luxury to an average hotel but were very surprised and pleased with this hotel. The food was great, really tasty and fantastic choice, staff were very friendly and housekeeping were exceptional. As also was Omar on reception who, despite us arriving 8 hrs prior to check in (due to our flight) was able to get us into our room early for a well needed sleep before we explored dubai.
It was very peaceful, we have a great sleep and it was immaculatly clean. We would definetly return here if we came back to dubai.

1  Thank scoobydooscotland
AmwajRotana, General Manager at Amwaj Rotana, responded to this reviewResponded October 16, 2012