“Lovely holiday at Amwaj Rotana”
Review of Amwaj Rotana

Amwaj Rotana
Ranked #62 of 545 Hotels in Dubai
scotland
“Lovely holiday at Amwaj Rotana”
Reviewed October 11, 2012

Husband & I just returned from 10 days holiday at The Amwaj Rotana Hotel having had a great stay there...

We are regular visitors to Dubai ( last visit was at LRM) & decided to try this one this time & we weren't disappointed. Excellent value - we were up on 24th floor- lovely view out to Gulf & hotels on Palm. - on the free half board basis with use of Club facilities which included free drinks with delicious selection of Canapes from 6-8pm nightly along with afternoon tea, free WiFi.& breakfast in club room if we wanted but to be honest there was a bigger selaction on offer in Horizon & more atmosphere each morning. Staff in Club were so very helpful & pleasant-Patrick & Arun & all the others whose names I forget but were just as efficient.We were welcomed us each evening like "old friends"

Hotel standards in general are very good and cannot complain as it was all good.

Rooms spotlessly clean & beds very comfortable,An excellent example of this was that I lost a small diamond earring under bed and was not looking forward to pulling bed out to retrieve said item,to find what "lurked" underneath as there are some horrendous stories about all manner of items found under hotel beds. The area didn't have any unexpected items hidden away underneath other than my earring and it was spotlessly clean-no evidence of dirt,or dust to be found, so well done to cleaning staff-your Management should be proud of you..

Food in Horizon was good & varied -would have enjoyed pork bacon as veal bacon very fatty & turkey bacon not the same as real bacon - but I do realise it is a Muslim country & pork is forbidden even though other hotels in Dubai do serve it for breakfast in a separate area away from other foods.

Ate in Benihana & it was okay-had dinner on the Saturday with the Japanese Chef in attendance demonstrating his skills? but I think it would be better to choose from the menu & have your own table as menu is varied.

Pool area very pleasant & although busy sun loungers were available. Bar at pool very pleasant to sit at either during daytime of for a nightcap in evening-lovely constant breeze as weather now cooling off a bit.

All in all a good hotel & we would definately return. We have already recommended it to some friends&7 they are now seriously considering changing previous plans to go there. There is still building going on around the area but it never bothered us nor did we hear any other guests complain - there is always going to be building in Dubai.

Oktoberfest celebrations were on in hotel for 3 days during our stay with a group from ?Germany ?Bavaria providing the music & a most enjoyable evening with excellent food & beer it was....

Because we felt our hotel was excellent value we decided to "push the boat out" & took a taxi to The Grosvenor House Hotel on our last night & had the most fantastic meal/curry at Indego- This was our 3rd time there over the years but it just gets better.

Room Tip: Didn't use the Spa . We were on 24th floor -no problem with lifts but can see why many people do...
1 Thank mistybabe
AmwajRotana, General Manager at Amwaj Rotana, responded to this review, October 17, 2012
Dear Guest,

Firstly, I would like to thank you for choosing the Amwaj Rotana Hotel and I was pleased to hear that your stay with was both comfortable and enjoyable.

it is our goal to maintain the highest standards of service to all our guests and we appreciate you having taken the time to write to us. It is only from feedback such as yours that we are able to improve our facilities and services.

Thank you once again and we do look forward to have the pleasure of welcoming you and your guests to our hotel in the not too distant future.

Amwaj Rotana Jumeirah Beach-Dubai

Traveler tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (390)
  • Arabic first
  • Slovak first
  • Turkish first
London, United Kingdom
Reviewed October 10, 2012

I would usually wait until I leave a hotel to rate it not 2 hours after checking in but it's been that bad I hope others can learn from my mistake... Upon check in the woman tried to charge me an extra 200.00 and stated it was the conversion rate I don't know what planet she thought I came from but after making me dig my through my suitcase and after involving her manager they charged me the correct amount and apologised I just wonder how many other people got stitched before me? They then allocated me a twin room not the premium king I booked, check in took 45 minutes then I had to wait in my room for my luggage to come up which took another 10 so my luggage took an hour to reach my room I hope the next 6 days get better

• Stayed October 2012, traveled solo
2 Thank Tanya H
Dear Guest,

First and foremost, thank you for choosing to stay in our hotel during your recent visit to Dubai and for taking the time in giving your feedback.

I would highly appreciate if you could email me on which dates you checked in/out in our hotel and which room you have stayed in order to investigate the same and reply back to you accordingly.

You can email me at executive.amwaj@rotana.com and I will get back to you at the soonest.

Thank you once again and I look forward to receiving your reply.

Yours sincerely,

scotland
Reviewed October 10, 2012

we stopped here for 3 nights on return from honeymoon in mauritius and thought that we were coming from total luxury to an average hotel but were very surprised and pleased with this hotel. The food was great, really tasty and fantastic choice, staff were very friendly and housekeeping were exceptional. As also was Omar on reception who, despite us arriving 8 hrs prior to check in (due to our flight) was able to get us into our room early for a well needed sleep before we explored dubai.
It was very peaceful, we have a great sleep and it was immaculatly clean. We would definetly return here if we came back to dubai.

1 Thank scoobydooscotland
AmwajRotana, General Manager at Amwaj Rotana, responded to this review, October 16, 2012

London
Reviewed October 6, 2012

My daughter and I stayed here very recently. Appraisal to all. Chefs cooked the most delicious/adventurous food every day. Hospitality staff, pool staff, front line staff everyone we came across were absolutely fantastic and so helpful. Just couldn't do enough for us. We are very grateful that they helped to make our stay a very pleasant one. We had a large sea view room over looking the pool and miles of beautiful beach. Hotel was beautiful, very clean, couple minutes to the most astonishing beach and convenient to the Malls and other places of interest.
Most disappointing was our extreme adventure trip i.e the Desert Safari. Our guide did not communicate with us despite letting him know the purpose of our trip. He left us on the B B Q area. Returned at 19.50 hrs. Asked him where are the camels and when will we go for our camel ride and photograps, only to be told by him that the camels had left. I am still wating to hear from the Hotel Management and Extreme Management as to why the purpose of our trip was not met. This is not acceptable. Still not happy.

Room Tip: Request sea view room. Our room was large, sunny and quiet. Situated on the eight floor. Three eleva...
  • Stayed September 2012, traveled with family
AmwajRotana, General Manager at Amwaj Rotana, responded to this review, October 9, 2012

Northumberland
Reviewed October 3, 2012

This is a large hotel and gives the impression of a business hotel however its so much more, the staff are very helpful and friendly. Communication was great before arrival. The rooms are large clean and very comfortable. cleaned, and fresh towels daily. Fantastic choice at breakfast will both hot and cold choices and. chef cooking fresh eggs on demand. The pool area is beautiful and clean with towel provides. The food is very good with great choices for both lunch and dinner with a beautful outside eating area. Definatly worth a vist as its in a great location on JBR too.

• Stayed June 2012, traveled with friends

Reviewed September 30, 2012 via mobile

Nice, clean comfortable hotel located at the end of JBR. With great service and big rooms.

Great breakfast with long hours (11.00) and fair priced in-room dining.

Good tv selection could have fast food night movie , good for business travelers.

• Stayed September 2012

Philippines
Reviewed September 30, 2012

I stayed here on a trip returning from the UK and as usual thoroughly enjoyed the stay. A room with a view, central location, excellent rooms, tidy clear and concise information. Outstanding staff too, despite how busy they were.

Room Tip: I only score the breakfast down on the basis that it says the breakfast time finishes at 11 am. They...
1 Thank NewportYfenni
AmwajRotana, General Manager at Amwaj Rotana, responded to this review, September 30, 2012