“Go to the Friday brunch and forget about Friday night!”
Review of Yalumba

Yalumba
Ranked #33 of 9,861 Restaurants in Dubai
Cuisines: Seafood, Australian, International
Dining options: Breakfast, Late Night, Buffet, Delivery, Reservations
Description: Yalumba features modern eclectic cuisine with a unique blend of flavours from the East and West. The restaurant, famous for its themed bubbly Friday brunch also offers a lavish breakfast and lunch buffet with a la carte option. Savour variety theme nights from seafood Tuesdays, Mediterranean Mondays, Latino Wednesdays, Roast Sundays and more. Bubbles and Vibes evening brunch on Thursdays is a great start to welcome the weekend.
Reviewed February 19, 2013

Do it, it’s well worth the money! We were given a glass of champagne as we arrived and it was filled so quickly I couldn't get it below half empty for the three hours we were there! The al la carte menu is pretty good or you can head up to the extensive buffet where there was some great seafood on offer. Later on the party moves outside with a DJ and drinks ‘happy hour’ priced drinks – although these are still back up to high Dubai prices. The party was still going when we left at 6pm, there must have been some sore heads the next day! Don’t make plans for the evening!

1  Thank Blue_Speke
LeMeridienFB D, Manager at Yalumba, responded to this reviewResponded February 21, 2013

Dear Guest,

Thank you for taking the time to make a wonderful feedback about our famous and unique Brunch in Yalumba. We are pleased to see that we overcome your expectations with the service provided by our ambassadors and our F&B offerings.

We look forward to welcoming you back again in the near future and thank you for your personal recommendation.

F&B Department

Reviewed February 15, 2013

If you want to see expat Dubai at play - go here. Most people are off their face with drink mind you and a few people still try and smoke inside but the food is good and the atmosphere is raucous (if you like that kind of thing)

2  Thank jumeirajames
LeMeridienFB D, Manager at Yalumba, responded to this reviewResponded February 27, 2013

Dear Guest,

Thank you for the valuable feedback. We are happy to know you enjoyed the food and the atmosphere in Yalumba's popular brunch and thank you for your personal recommendation.

We look forward to welcome you back again in the near future.

Reviewed February 9, 2013

If you are ever in Dubai on a Friday you simply must go to Yalumba for their champagne brunch. It was an experience I'll not forget in a hurry. Friday is a holiday in Dubai. Thursday night and Friday, people are in party mode.

I got there at about 12:30 pm and was handed a glass of champagne at the door while checking in. I must warn you, I considered myself very lucky to have gotten a table, as I hadn't made a reservation, but luckily someone cancelled. It's a large restaurant but it was packed. I chose the all you can eat buffet (which you could also choose from the regular menu) and unlimmited champagne, wine or other beverages. All for a flat fee of 500 Dirhams or $136.00.

At the same time I was being seated at my table a large platter of seafood arrived. Oysters, prawns, salmon, tuna, muscles and other stuff galore. The wait staff were in full force not missing a beat. I suddenly had a glass of champagne on one side and a glass of chardonnay on the other. I couldn't see an empty glass in the place yet everyone was drinking.

I decided to stick to fish, white wine and champagne. As I made my way through the different dishes, which were all fresh delicious and a very large variety, the volume in the restauraunt started to increase, It seemed obvious to me by this point that people didn't just come here for brunch but to get blasted and have a party. I swear, everyone was having such a good time. People whom I'd never met before started conversation. I was enjoying the ride, all of it.

WARNING! By 3:00 pm we were all out on the pattio, now the champagne was no longer free and people were ordering bottles of champagne. Here's the RUB........if you buya bottle it comes at 750 Dirhams or $200.00 per bottle.

Ok, you don't go to Dubai every day, and I must admit, I had a lot of friends for a while, but it did cost me a small fortune!!

That said, it was truly a great experience.

3  Thank Vincent M

Dear Vincent,

Thank you for your amazing words about Yalumba's brunch, they really mean a lot for our ambassadors and ourselves to see how we impact in someone's life by just offering you our best service and variety of food and beverage. We appreciate your personal opinion about various aspects of the brunch such as our seafood platter and the ambiance generated by the party mood of all our guests.

Thank you once again for your personal recommendation, we are so glad you had a great experience with us and therefore, we look forward to welcome you again in the near future whenever you are in Dubai.

Reviewed February 5, 2013

Staff are really attentive. The OJ etc is fresh and the pancakes too. My husband's one gripe was that the hot food section could have used changed every few days for variety.

Dear Guest,

Thank you for taking the time to make such a valuable review about our breakfast in Yalumba and in particular about our pancakes. We will take high consideration about your feedback referring to the variety of hot items offered during everyday's breakfast.

We look forward to welcome you back again in the future and try once again our signature breakfast at Yalumba.

Reviewed February 3, 2013

Despite poor reviews from friends, my experience was excellent. Visited during a Friday brunch, which was fully booked. Clientele mostly 25 - 30 something groups of ladies and birthday parties. Tables set with Christmas party hats was a little off putting, but the atmosphere proved to be electric. A well presented buffet and a la carte available, free flowing champagne (Taittinger and Bollinger). Overall food was pretty excellent. Great DJ on the outside deck added to the after brunch party atmosphere. Probably not the sedate brunch to take your parents to!

Dear Alison,

Thank you for a superb feedback about our Friday Brunch. We appreciate your kind comments about various aspects of the brunch in particular, the type of people coming, our table decoration and party atmosphere. We are glad you felt more than welcomed by our ambassadors and that you really enjoyed your Friday.

We look forward to welcoming you back in the near future and why not try another style of party brunch like our Malt or Twist Drunch in Warehouse.