Tripadvisor

from $101.77
from $113.49
from $254.53
More Info
All reviews coffee making al bastakiya coffee related coffee shop upstairs ethiopian coffee arabian tea house free entry bur dubai on display worth a visit history information eras equipment arabic
Selected filters
Reviewed January 4, 2020 via mobile

They have a lot items on display but they fail to set any real context. It’s great that you get free coffee and you’re given the choice of Ethiopian or Arabic but then no explanation of the difference or process is given.

Date of experience: January 2020
Reviewed October 20, 2019

We smelled the coffee before we even realized that it was THE Coffee Museum... imagine how many people missed the chance to go inside this unique place in Dubai because they didn't see the entrance?

The receptionist was kind but a bit tentative in explaining the concept of the Museum, probably because of the language barrier.

Inside, we were left to ourselves to discover the different rooms and features. I wish there was a brochure or a guide to show us around the rooms that highlighted how coffee was roasted, weighed, and prepared through different cultures and eras. The Ethiopian lady who prepared her traditional coffee was very amiable as she poured us a sample and we appreciated the different nuances of Ethiopian beans.

Upstairs, the rooms featured a cupping area, as well as information on the different beans. The 2 ladies at the coffee shop were friendly. Unfortunately, we've already had our quota of coffee for the day. I would have wanted to try a cup or two of their house roast.

The Coffee Museum is definitely worth its 10AED fee. With better branding, a little more push from its staff, and a museum journey script, it could really shine as one of the jewels of Bastakiya.

Date of experience: October 2019
1  Thank I_Dionson
Reviewed September 29, 2019

Thank you Anna and her beautiful team, I stepped into a family,it felt like as if I have known them all for a very long time although we just met . There you get revitalized, eat good food, facilities are very clean and peaceful... it was a combination of doing yoga , seeing North Bali , meeting people and making new friends.The groups are small , I never felt lost or lonely but also if I needed time alone I had that as well . I can recommend them for sure and I will go back for more . Thank you again Anna !

Date of experience: September 2019
Reviewed August 22, 2019 via mobile

it is a small place, and adults should pay 10 dirhams to enter, you will get 2 cupons that can used to two drink two coffee cups inside the museum.

no one is there to explain the items and also the items are not organized in proper way to explain the story of the magic drink.

it seems that some one just collected alot of items around the coffee and put everything in thay place.

however, it worth spending 10 to 15 mins exploring the place.

they have a coffee shop upstaris but we did 't try it.

Date of experience: August 2019
Reviewed July 20, 2019

A place with rich historical significance in Dubai . A true art in coffee brewing.Abdul Hamid is the person you should ask for when visiting this Museum. Abdul is a national competitor in the Cezve Ibrik Championship and will happily share with you his knowledge and expertise on all coffee related matters. Overall a great experience.

Date of experience: July 2019