“Why have I never tried Frankie's before ?”

Frankie's Italian Bar & Grill
Ranked #457 of 9,701 Restaurants in Dubai
Cuisines: Italian, Wine Bar
Good for: Romantic, Large groups, Special occasions, Bar scene
Dining options: Late Night, Dinner, Breakfast, Lunch, Delivery, Reservations
Dining style: Casual Elegant
Neighborhood: The Marina
Description: This exciting award winning Italian restaurant, winner of "Highly Commended Italian Restaurant" by Time Out Dubai Awards in 2010; What's On Best Italian Restaurant 2009 and Best Newcomer 2008 is a result of partnership between one of the greatest chefs of all time, Marco Pierre White, and one of the most recognized award-winning jockeys, Frankie Dettori. The service combines fine - as well as casual dining in a relaxed and cosy atmosphere, featuring a menu with 80 dishes reflecting authentic Italian cuisine.
Reviewed January 31, 2013 via mobile

I have been coming to Dubai for the past 15 years and never made it to Frankie's until last night. First of all we had drinks in the bar, although a bit smokey, the atmosphere was starting to build up for a good night. Our table was booked in the non smoking area which also had a really good atmosphere. Now the food .. We started with the duck & rocket pizza and I must say it has got to be the best pizza I have had for a while. Then followed the seafood spaghetti .. AMAZING. All washed down with a nice bottle of wine ! We left around midnight and I must say I could have stayed on , which is unusual for me, as the bar was very busy with good music. Before I go I must comment on the service. We were welcomed by the manager and the hostess on entry and served almost immediately at the bar. Also, the girl who served us our meal, wish I could remember her name, was very friendly and attentive. All in all I had a great night and wish I had tried Frankie's before now. Thank you guys, I will be back !!

Angelo V, General Manager at Frankie's Italian Bar & Grill, responded to this reviewResponded February 1, 2014

Dear Fizzet,
Thank you for sharing your feedback with us on Trip Advisor following your dining experience at Frankie's. I was delighted to hear just how much you enjoyed your experience with us from the minute you walked into the restaurant till the minute you left! It’s what we strive for!
Now that you have discovered Frankie's in Dubai, I hope to welcome you back into Frankie’s soon, whereby your experience will be just as good, if not better!

There are newer reviews for Frankie's Italian Bar & Grill

Reviewed January 29, 2013

Went here for a quick business dinner with a colleague. Great location: right on the Walk. It is technically associated with the hotel and as such licensed to serve alcohol; a facility enthusiastically embraced by most of the patrons.

Food was, as you would expect from Marco Pierre White, superb. The prawn starter consisted of langoustine sized crustaceans languishing in a rocket and foam salad. The seared tuna was the best I have eaten (see attached photo) and it tasted every bit as good as it looked.

Service was slow to the point of our questioning our visibility at times and I am always disappointed when service is included and the staff lobby for an additional tip.

Overall a good experience and I would be back in a heartbeat.

Dear Andy S,
Thank you for taking the time to share your feedback on Trip Advisor about your dining experience at Frankie’s. I am delighted to hear that that you enjoyed every particular detail of the flavorsome food, atmosphere and live entertainment that Frankie’s has to offer. It is wonderful feedback that you thoroughly enjoyed your salad and the seared tuna! Service, quality, taste, presentation and atmosphere at their finest are what we are reputable for, which is why I am disappointed to hear about the service you expereinced. My sincere apologies that you did not receive the service that we pride ourselves on at Frankie's. We look forward to your next visit back to!
Gnereal Manager

Reviewed January 26, 2013

Stumbled across Frankies on the off chance for a drink and really loved it. Staff are warm and welcoming and the drinks are delicious! Lovely setting too.

Dear NayStar1,
Thank you for taking the time to write about your experiences at Frankie’s on Trip Advisor. I was so pleased to read your review and hear about how much you enjoyed the drinks and the lively buzz. We pride ourselves with our friendly and welcoming staff in addition to our unique atmosphere. Once again, thank you for taking the time to post your review on Trip Advisor, and we hope to see you again at Frankie’s soon...intentionally next time!

Reviewed January 24, 2013

Great food and tasty Italian menu. Expensive ? Yes but it is Dubai! I didn't think much of the coffee though which was quite cold.

Dear Jeanette T,
Thank you for taking the time to review Frankies on Trip Advisor. We highly value each one of our customers and the feedback we receive from them--both the positive and negative comments. I am delighted to hear that you enjoy the selection offered on the menu! We make every effort to provide you with a wide range of choices to choose from hoping to please your taste-buds in a different way every time you visit the restaurant. Frankies strives to serve you the best tasting Italian food always using premium ingredients and preparation with the complimenting ambience. I am sorry to hear that you did not enjoy your coffee. We assure you that your remark has been noted and that the necessary actions will bill taken by our staff to ensure that the coffee is served at your desired preference. Once again, thank you very much for sharing your experience with us and I look forward to seeing you again soon!

Reviewed January 13, 2013

Frankies is one of the most cozy restaurants in Dubai. The atmosphere is great and very classy. The menu is Italian and they have both high end prices (meat/fish) and middle range prices (Pizza, pasta etc). I have now been to Frankies at least 10 times and every time I leave with a smile on my face. Thank you Frankies.

I can only recommend it to all who appericiate that little bit of extra service, great food and a good atmosphere!

Everybody love Everybody

2  Thank Frederik L
Andrea P, General Manager at Frankie's Italian Bar & Grill, responded to this reviewResponded January 22, 2013

Dear Frederik L,
I would like to say a huge thank you for your sharing your feedback on TripAdvisor following your dining experience at Frankie’s Italian Bar and Grill. I was so pleased to read that you have returned to us on more than 10 occasions and have thoroughly enjoyed yourselves every time! We pride ‘Frankie’s’ on being unique to Dubai with our fusion of atmosphere, live entertainment and wide selection of Italian cuisine and I am so glad to hear that you have enjoyed it all.
Thank you for sharing and see you again soon!
Warm Regards,