“Sensational”

Good for: Romantic, Business meetings
Dining options: Late Night, Dinner, Reservations
Neighborhood: Al Sufouh 2
Reviewed May 10, 2019 via mobile

I went there for dinner with my wife while staying at the Palace One and Only Royal Mirage and we had a sensational experience The room has that old world atmosphere about it and our table had great views over the garden and pool area The service was nothing short of first class with all the staff friendly and attentive As an entree I chose the scallop dish that was very tasty and well presented followed by the mushroom risotto that had a very liberal infusion of truffles We drank a bottle of Chilean red that matched the food and helped to make it a truly wonderful experience It is not a cheap place to dine out but well worth trying if you are in Dubai

Date of visit: May 2019

Reviewed May 1, 2019 via mobile

Loved this place, very comfortable seating, great ambiance to celebrate all that is special. The service is relatively fast too. Amuse bouche served before the meal was a mousse with a foie grad piece covered with a thin layer of chocolate (i think), i tried the foie gras appetizer and then had the lobster tart (but it was not a tart) it was a soft piece of a crab with a million flavors aside a sorbet ball in a thin crunchy biscuit that just made my taste buds dance. I then had the cheese platter which was very generous. I think this is my favorite food place in the UAE so far.

Reviewed March 30, 2019 via mobile

A fine dining restaurant with beautiful decor and friendly attentive staff. We were guests at the hotel, on a half-board basis, so were offered the alternative menu as well as the a la carte. Well worth the additional 40AED, there was an excellent selection of dishes - and you can order from the a la carte if you prefer. A selection of tiny and innovative amuse-bouches started off the meal, all delicious with distinctive flavours.
Sometimes restaurants make mistakes or can’t deliver what you order, that’s fine - they should be judged on what they do to put things right. My husband ordered a steak only to be told it was no longer available but was offered a better steak at no additional cost. There was a longer than usual wait between starter and main courses so we got an apology, an explanation and a complimentary beautifully presented tiny dish of risotto to keep us going. 10 out of 10 for customer service. All the dishes were exquisite and full of flavour. The service was attentive, friendly and informative but not intrusive. Wines are expensive but that’s always the case in Dubai. If you’re on a meal-deal at the hotel then definitely pay the little extra for a treat. This is a restaurant for celebrations, I couldn’t fault it.

Reviewed March 21, 2019

The menu starters were a little limited to my wife and my taste, so we asked the chef if he could make something that wasn’t on the menu. This he agreed to and it cannot be faulted. The main menu was to both our taste and the Dover Sole prepared for my wife was amazing. Don’t miss out on this treat.

Reviewed February 25, 2019

This is a brilliant fine dining restaurant with the team taking great care of you. The managers are welcoming and friendly. The chef and his team provide fantastic food – it’s very good.

Date of visit: February 2019