“a must do once experience”
Review of Al Muntaha

Al Muntaha
Ranked #190 of 9,701 Restaurants in Dubai
Cuisines: European, Contemporary
Good for: Scenic view, Romantic
Dining options: Late Night, Breakfast, Lunch, Dinner, Buffet, Delivery, Reservations
Description: Arabic for 'The Ultimate' or 'The Top', Al Muntaha is a restaurant that lives up to its name. See Dubai stretched out in all its glory from the 27th floor, where the stunning views are matched only by the sumptuous menu.Sit back and let us delight you from the first course to the last. Each dish blends the best ingredients with innovation and style, resulting in a showcase of imaginative Modern European cuisine. Combined with the incredible location, it all comes together to create a dining experience fit for the top of the world.
Reviewed October 1, 2013

Its the kind of place you want to have the experience - but given the price and the hype maybe just that once. Obviously, the whole 'thing' is over the top in a fun way (but apart from the security - whatever you do don't forget your booking reference at any of the security points to get in!) and the service is screamingly good. The view would be amazing on a clear day and was still cool even though it was cloudy on our visit.

The food - hmmm. what can I say ? Amazing menu, really fresh ingredients but i didn't getted the wow effect from the cooking. I had the slow cooked lamb and it was pretty dry and there was no enough of the jus to help over come it. the wine list incredibly long and matched by its expense.

so, I really enjoyed the experience but probably would try somewhere else in Dubai rather than go back,

There are newer reviews for Al Muntaha

Reviewed September 30, 2013

We were lucky enough to visit Al Muntaha for brunch during a recent visit to Dubai. From the moment you are greeted at the front door to leaving again, the whole experience is like living in a dream. Upon arrving one of the staff member opened the cars door for all passengers and greeted them. we had a slight issue with a taxi driver who tried to short change us, but without hesitation the door staff quickly changed some money for us and the matter was resolved.

Each time we met a staff member we were greeted like long lost friends. We were shown to the elevators at the end of the hotel and whisked up to the resaurant. The elevators are glass and as you climb towards the restaurant the view becomees more and more breathtaking. At the resturant we were qiuckly shown to a table which was by the window, where we could oversee the Palms during our dining experience.

The brunch was very well presented along the length of the restaurant with a variety of food to select from. It ranched from fresh seafoods, sushi, soups, hot and cold meals etc etc.

Each time we moved to the servery the staff quickly attended to the table and replenished the cutlery and folded our napkins. The staffs attention was amazing. The food were freshly cooked and tasted devine.

The highlight was the dessert bar, There was a huge selection to choose from and I found myself going back for a second and third helping. We casually ate bruch over a three hour period. There was lots of time for photos during and at the end of the meal.

One of the reasons for the visit was to celebrate a family members birthday. Towards the end of the meal the staff presented a hand made chocolate cake without any prompting or aksing. there was alive three peice bar playing and upon request even played happy birthday despite there being close to 150 diners in the restaurant.

All in all a meal and experience of a lifetime.

Reviewed September 20, 2013

The lunch was fantastic, there is nothing I can say to fault it!
The service was fantastic! Second to none!
The views though we're slightly disappointing... Not the restaurants fault, but its a feature of it! It was so hazy outside that you could hardly see anything! :/ however on the other side of the room is the sky view bar! That for some reason pretty much had no haze at all and had spectacular views! If you want views whilst you dine... go to the sky view bar! As long as you are 21+ years old! :))

Reviewed September 20, 2013

One of the most incredible buildings in the inside and outside! Very imposing, and you can see it from the main motorway going through Dubai!
I went there for lunch at the Al Muntaha restaurant in the 27th floor! Was an experience to remember was worth every penny! Wish I could have stayed there on my trip to Dubai, shame I'm not loaded! Haha!

Reviewed September 19, 2013

We actually where hoping to have the Afternoon tea in the Sky lounge, however this was fully booked, therefore if it is this that you want I would think forward and book well in advance.

Nonetheless we opted to go for the Lunch at Al Muntaha instead. Obviously visiting the hotel was an experience in itself, the Lobby, Atrium and whole experience in itself was awe inspiring. The lift up to the restaurant is a glass lift with views to the sea, don't look down if scared of heights.

We where greeted at the lift by the staff and they where very attentive took our names and we were escorted quickly to our table. There was certainly no lipstick and make up checking when we where there, so I am not really sure what the other review is moaning about. Mind you you cannot please all of the people all of the time.

We were looked after by Oliver Constant a very polite young british gentleman who couldn't have been more attentive if he tried without been in your face and over bearing. He is there on placement at Burg Al Arab and we truly wish him all the luck in future endeavours.

Upon booking we were asking if there were any dietary requirements. My partner is sensitive to various foods and this was noted over the phone. When Oliver took our food order he was already aware of this and went out of his way to ensure that these needs were met. This is something we have not experienced before and was a welcomed change to the difficulties that can arise when we eat out.

We both had scollops for starters which were lovely. Cooked to perfection and a taste sensation. I had the lamb for main, succulent, tasty and the cutlet was cooked medium rare for me. I also had the Wild mushrooms, yum. My partner had sea bass which was as equally gorgeous accompanied with the creamed spinach, again yummies.

The portions were of a decent size compared to other al a carte restaurants I have eaten at. Indeed I have eaten in Michelin starred restaurants and I would place this up there with them. Plus I have paid more to eat places than I did here and felt the food here was better.

We were not going to have dessert, nonetheless we did. Again it was very good, I had an irish coffee also.

As I said previously it was expensive, but I have paid more elsewhere and to be fair it's the only time I have eaten in a 7* hotel therefore I was pleasantly surprised it did not cost more.

If you are coming here please be prepared to pay between 1000 to 2000 dhs at least.

If you feel this is out of your budget then I suggest you go to a fast food place in Dubai and get yourself a Chicken shawarma as this place is not for you.

Thank you Al Muntaha for making our visit a truly iconic Dubai experience, it was everything we expected and more.

Finally again we would like to make a special mention to Oliver Constant for his excellent service.

3  Thank Jwarna