“Great restaurant.. but lacking menu”
Review of The Rib Room

The Rib Room
Ranked #561 of 9,523 Restaurants in Dubai
Cuisines: Steakhouse, European
Good for: Special occasions, Large groups, Romantic, Business meetings
Dining options: Dinner, Late Night, Lunch, Free Wifi, Full Bar, Highchairs Available, Parking Available, Private Dining, Reservations, Seating, Serves Alcohol, Valet Parking, Validated Parking, Waitstaff, Wheelchair Accessible
Description: Fine dining for meat loversGive in to the primal side of your appetite with a carnivorous dining experience of incomparable quality. With its dark red walls, sumptuous leather seats and intimate atmosphere, The Rib Room is not your usual steakhouse. Beautiful presentation and impeccable service from our waiting staff allow you to enjoy your steak in style. The Rib Room's sophisticated menu offers an exquisite selection of succulent grilled meats, prepared to your exact preference. Be it a flavourful, tender Chateaubriand or an Oakey Angus Reserve Tenderloin, you can be assured of prime cuts, prepared with finesse and flair by our celebrated chefs. Seafood and vegetarian options are also available if you'd prefer a lighter meal. A meal at The Rib Room is one to cherish - so much so that some guests have their steak knives engraved with their names and displayed in the restaurant as a permanent reminder of their visit!
London
“Great restaurant.. but lacking menu”
Reviewed July 7, 2014

All in all our experience at The Rib Room was great and were given great service and food was exceptional.
However having dined with the half board vouchers i felt like the experience could have been better. We was given a separate menu due to us using the vouchers, which although we hadn't seen in the other restaurants we had chosen to dine at, we understood that there were items on the al a carte menu that obviously couldn't be used for HB. However from having payed a supplement, I felt like the HB menu was lacking. I actually didnt use my voucher in the end (my partner did though) and decided to eat from the al a carte menu, as I couldn't find anything i liked on the HB menu, and my food ended up being cheaper than the supplement I would have paid to order from the HB menu.

Was also quite surprised not to see fillet of beef on the menu, considering the restaurant has won awards for best steakhouse. I've never been to a steakhouse that doesn't serve fillet.

1 Thank CFB2007
JETManagement, General Manager at The Rib Room, responded to this review, July 9, 2014
Dear Guest,

Many thanks for taking time to write a review on tripadvisor.

I was glad to hear you enjoyed your experience at Rib Room, we take great pride in the level of service as well as food and beverage experience we offer in our restaurant and reading your constructive feedback only encourages us to do even better.

I have taken on board your feedback on HB menu and we will certainly look into it.

As for the menu variety, our chefs are constantly working on developing the menu further and I'm sorry that we didn't go through the menu with you as we do indeed have fillet on our menu.

We look forward to welcoming you back soon.

• Arabic first
Dubai, United Arab Emirates
“Outstanding food and service- Best in Dubai”
Reviewed June 30, 2014

Had a fantastic meal at Rib Rooms last week. The service was exeptional and the restaurant had amazing ambience, notably thanks to the wonderful live sax player. if you love great ribs and steak, this is unbeatable in Dubai. The service was fast, professional and probably one of the best meals ive had in Dubai and the sommelier really knows his wines. If you go, we highly recommend the pork ribs with spinach and mashed potatos. We had a selection of fruit sorbets to finish and it was utterly perfect. Can't recommend this restaurant highly enough.

2 Thank sylvia t
JETManagement, General Manager at The Rib Room, responded to this review, July 6, 2014
Dear Guest,

Thank you so much for such a beautiful review, its really humbling and pleasing to know that you have had such a flawless experience at Rib Room.

I will make sure to share the review with all colleagues and I'm sure they will be all pleased to hear of your experience.

We eagerly look forward to welcoming you back soon!

Dubai, United Arab Emirates
“Beautiful Interior, Average Food, Lacklustre Service”
Reviewed June 28, 2014

The best thing about this restaurant is the interior, I think it's stunning, very romantic, very indulgent. I liked it a lot and so did my guests. However, that is the only thing really going for the Rib Rooms as far as I'm concerned. I have never been so ignored by so many staff in my life. For a premium restaurant that is in the same location as The Ivy and Hakkasan this place really needs to up its game if it is going to come close to competing with the experience in Hakkasan in particular. The menu is really appetising but the execution of the food felt amateur and throughout our meal we all felt that what was clearly missing from this restaurant is passion and self belief that comes from every single member of staff believing they are responsible for ensuring a quality and exceptional experience. Senior management of Jumeirah need to take note and fix this. There is too much competition in Dubai for a restaurant at this price point to have poor to appalling service, attention to detail and average food. My advice steer clear until they fix these fundamental basics of good restauranteuring!

• Visited May 2014
1 Thank Ema L
Dear Guest,

Thank you so much for taking time to write a review about Rib Room. I greatly appreciate all feedbacks in all their forms.

I was saddened to hear your experience was not to the level of your expectations, we value every single guest who walks in to our restaurant and strive to give the best possible service, something obviously was not delivered to you.

I will address the matter with the team and rest assured, it will be rectified.

In the meantime, if there is anything I can assist you with, please dont hesitate to contact me on mirzo.hafizov@jumeirah.com

Look forward to welcoming you back to Rib Room.

Abu Dhabi, United Arab Emirates
“Flawless”
Reviewed June 23, 2014

While staying at Jumeriah Etihad Towers for a weekend mini break, my girlfriend and I ate here and had a wonderful experience. The ambiance is really lovely while the restaurant itself is surprisingly small, creating an intimate setting. The live saxophonist was a great touch.

The service was spot on, the staff were attentive and took the time to chat to us about the menu and wine choices.

The pork ribs were tender and melted in the mouth! I can see why this place has won so many awards!

Very reasonably priced too, especially if you have entertainer vouchers!

1 Thank Rick G
JETManagement, General Manager at The Rib Room, responded to this review, June 25, 2014
Dear Guest,

Thank you ever so much for such generous review on tripadvisor, it has certainly made us all feel proud and we are all delighted to hear you and your partner had a great experience.

We take great pride in what we do in our restuarant and when we hear such glorious feedbacks it gives us greater pleasure to do even better.

We look forward to welcoming you back in near future.

“Very disappointing”
Reviewed June 19, 2014

We had a very disappointing meal. The service was very slow, surprising as the restaurant only had 4 tables. Three of us had pork ribs and all were served cold. One of my friends sent his back and it was obvious it had been microwaved, as it was inedible. Some of the side orders arrived after the main courses were all eaten.

The manager tried his best to apologise. Unfortunate for him it was his first day working in the restaurant.

We will not return.

• Visited June 2014
JETManagement, General Manager at The Rib Room, responded to this review, June 24, 2014
Dear Guest,

Thank you for taking your time to write a review on tripadvisor.

I was indeed saddened that your experience was not at the level of your expectations, we have discussed on the evening with the team about your experience and have addressed all raised points.

I would be delighted to intive you back to Rib Room, please let me know if we can have a chat by email or phone. My email address is mirzo.hafizov@jumeirah.com

I look forward to hearing back from you.