“excellent dinner”

Roda Grill and Bar
Ranked #489 of 9,933 Restaurants in Dubai
Cuisines: Steakhouse, Bar, Grill
Dining options: Reservations
Description: Discover an intimate dining experience nothing short of magical for lovers of steak and fish at the Roda Grill. One of the most revered steakhouses in Dubai, its interior is modelled on a New England dining room complete with wooden panelling and hardwood floors. The signature Caesar salad is prepared at your table and an open kitchen adds to an unmissable dining experience where service is faultless and food commands centre stage. For pre and post-dinner drinks the adjoining bar offers the perfect spot to navigate a menu of fine wines and offers a smoking area for guests.
Reviewed September 21, 2012

we had a 20 per cent discount voucher and our wedding anniversary so we thought we would give it a try. we booked for 7.30pm on a friday night - so it was very quiet. the staff were able to give us their undivided attention and their service was excellent. they knew how to pour our champagne, make room on our table, and attend to our every need. i had crab cakes to start whilst hubby had scallop - both perfect and originally presented. then i had lamb loin with mash and spinach - he had steak - both medium rare and succulent. i had no room for pud except for a couple of spoonfuls of his creme brulee, lovely. as we were leaving we mentioned we would be back on our next wedding anniversay and we were made to sit down again and wait for a cake to be presented - delivered on a plate with a candle and worded in sauce - happy wedding anniversary, a parting gift. all in all a pleasant experience and relaxing evening.

Reviewed August 14, 2012

We have been going here for more than 18 years I think....a long time anyway, but sure since it opened.
I love their lobster thermidor with dauphinois potatoes.....absolutely perfect every time.
Steak, anyway you want it....superb.

Reviewed August 12, 2012

I visited Rodeo Grill last weekend with the missus based on a recommendation by a colleague. I echo the statement of Julie below....it's FREEZING, thankfully though, the staff brought my lady a shawl but I don't see the need for the AC to be on so high (it also sent our food cold really quickly).

Now, I feel kind of hesitant in saying anything negative about this place....I'm a big fan of the Rotana chain and the mealtime was slap bang in the middle of Ramadan but the atmosphere was really lacking. The music was appropriate enough, but there just wasn't that buzz I enjoy from a restaurant, I think there were about 5 tables booked the whole time I was there.

The lack of ambiance was a shame because the food was really good. I tried escargot for the first time and it tasted great, both the steaks we had were beautifully cooked and the special souffle dessert was to die for.

The staff were polite and helpful, can't really have any complaints but the lack of atmosphere meant we just went home after the meal instead of sticking round for a few drinks.

There are a few steakhouses around that I'd like to try, but I'm sure I'll be back one day and hopefully when it's a bit busier because the food is really good.

Reviewed August 4, 2012

Celebrated ny husbands birthday here. We started with scallops and crab cakes. The scallops were delicious but the very cold ac in the room made them go cold very quickly.the crab cakes were favoursome, but sloppy when cut. Next we had the sure and turf and the house speciality filet with asparagus and crab. Bothe steaks were cooked to perfection and melted in our mouths. One steak was topped with asparagus and crab with a bernaise sauce which was wonderful. The other steak was served with a lobster tail which was very hard to get out of the shell. Both were served with a choice of potatoes and we both chose gratin, which were hot and very tasty. We were too full to sample the desserts, but they brought out complimentary dry iced ice cream covered in thick chocolate which my husband demolished! All in all a great food experience but the management really have to look at the ac temperatures in the room as they make the food go cold very quickly! Well done Rotana!

Reviewed July 21, 2012

incredible staff who remebered me after a 10 month hiatus. Rodeo lands in my top 3 globally...great venue, awesome staff and incredible food. World class steakhouse, folks!!