“Very Good”

19 attraction reviews
common_n_attraction_reviews_1bd8 34 helpful votes
“Very Good”
Reviewed February 24, 2014 via mobile

Tip: To avoid lengthy pick up times (they pick you up in a Landcruiser and drop you off at a satellite location with camel rides, henna face and body paintings, and costume dressing photo ops until everyone arrives, then you have to wait your turn again to get dropped off at the pier - then the same when the cruise is over - the wait could be 3 hours each way), take a cab to the pier 30 minutes in advance.

2 Thank Ammer K

New York City, New York
common_n_attraction_reviews_1bd8 3 helpful votes
“AVOID AT ALL COSTS! TOTAL WASTE OF TIME!!”
Reviewed March 25, 2013

note: This is my first and only tripadvisor review and I joined just to share what a HORRIBLE<, TRAUMATIC, UNPLEASANT experience my family had at this place on March 19, 2013.

BOTTOM LINE: they made my two 90 year old grandparents wait 3 hours in the hot sun before the food/show began and then another 1.5 hours after the crap show ended with nothing to do before taking us back to our hotel... (100% NOT wheelchair friendly)

THE DETAILS:
1. the entertainment is a JOKE. the belly dancer is palatable, but the spinning dancer was terrible (clumsy, disinterested, lame) and he then turned around 30 in later to come back as the "fire dancer" (i.e. one guy holding a bottle of lighter fluid and spitting repeatedly on a tiny lit stick with the soundtrack to the soundtrack of Mortal Combat playing in the background...it got old after the 2nd spit). We were in the desert for about 5 hours, and the "show" took up about 25 min of it.

2. if they bring you directly with a Landcruiser from a hotel, they bring you hours and hours early to the desert and leave you there in the hot sun with nothing to do (while the landcruisers are going back and forth to get the massive tour bus groups). the extra entertainment is a MILDLY entertaining but they charge extra for everything ($8 for sparkling water, the "take a picture with my hawk" guy tried to gauge use for US$3.50 per picture, only the hookah and the 30 second camel rides were free). After you run out of "entertainment", then you're just stuck sitting around for hours and hours waiting for the massive tour groups to arrive.

3. the food was actually NOT TERRIBLE, and the line wasn't TOO LONG, considering there are about 500 people there.

4. it's a buffet line for you and **500** other people!!

5. as soon as you arrive they try to harass you to get VIP suits for an extra US $100 so you don't have to wait in line for the food.

6. you're not sitting at real tables, they have hard pillows on the ground and low benches to eat on.

7. after the show, if you came directly on a Landcruiser, you have to sit and wait for 1-1.5 hours. The Landcruiser you came on is now being used used to shuttle all the tour groups back to their buses first before they come and bring you back to your hotel. If you talk the managers, they pretend like they're trying to accommodate you, when they're really just blowing you off. You' re gonna end up spending a good 1-1.5 hours in the middle of the desert watching every one else leaves while you sit there and wait for your car to come back for the 45 min ride back to Dubai....sound fun? We left our hotel at 345pm and didn't get back until 10pm.

ps...the travel agent that booked this for us said that lots of other customers were complaining about it too...

This was BY FAR the most unpleasant waste of time that I've ever had on a trip. I'd rather go back to a thousand rug factories then do this again....

Visited March 2013
3 Thank burtland
Cape Town Central, South Africa
3 attraction reviews
common_n_attraction_reviews_1bd8 9 helpful votes
“Dune safari and dinner (DUBAI)”
Reviewed January 16, 2013

This attraction is a MUST-DO for all visitors to Dubai. The tour guid/driver explained everything and pointed out some tourist attractions to us on our way to the sand dunes. We were a bit apprehensive because people told us it would be scary but my teenage sons were excited to do the trip. Riding up and down those sand dunes were a never-to-be-forgotten experience..we screamed and laughed and enjoyed every minute of it. The driver stopped halfway so that we could take pics in the desert..we took our time and took lots of pics..
At the camp the boys went for camel rides. We had henna painting done and took pics in the Arabic costumes that were available for this purpose. There was a belly-dancing show while a lovely dinner was served. All in all it was a lovely afternoon and evening and money well-spent.

Visited December 2012
United States
7 attraction reviews
common_n_attraction_reviews_1bd8 112 helpful votes
“Unique tour: 'safari and dinner'”
Reviewed November 21, 2007

So if you are prone to motion sickness DON'T DO THIS TOUR. I have to say that I don't usually get sick but I definetely did this one. I was sitting in the back of a Land Cruiser with my wife and started feeling sick when we were driving through the sand dunes. So overall it was a good time. Once we got to the "evening" part of the safari things were good. Great music and lots of dancing with the customers. There was henna and Hasheesh to be smoked. The belly dancing was good. The dinner was excellent with great kabobs. I would recommend this tour to any visitor.

6 Thank globetrotterswannebe