TripAdvisor

Cuisines: Turkish
Dining options: Reservations
Neighborhood: Jumeirah
Reviewed 4 weeks ago via mobile

The worst customer service I have ever encountered with average food quality and a price which makes your eyes water. This restaurant is style over substance, if you like good food dont come here.

2  Thank Nahor
Write a reviewReviews (1,382)

Reviewed 4 weeks ago

We arrived at the restaurant for our scheduled booking time and were not surprised to be asked to wait at the bar for a few moments as the table was not ready yet as this happens sometimes in restaurants. However what we were surprised at was getting to the bar to find around 30 people all waiting there to be seated also. The que of people waiting to be seated trailed all the way to the front door completely blocking the entrance. The staff were pulling people at random to be seated and once being asked by myself how much longer we would have to wait, the waitress rudely said ‘wait by the bar’. We were finally seated FOURTY minutes past our reservation time and the food to follow was average at best. Will not be returning to this restaurant. At nearly £300 for two steaks and a squid starter you would expect some sort of customer service. Very disappointing.

3  Thank MissDValiantis
Reviewed 5 weeks ago

To be fair the food was lovely, everything else was terrible I have a food allergy I simply asked for no green herbs the waiter brought me fries covered in green herbs sent back they returned with green in them. All food was thrown down in front of you in a more aggressive manor than I would give my dog his bowl. Then after food which was not cut up how you see in all the great videos (one of the main selling points of this restaurant) I was left for 30 minutes with no offer of drinks or desert or anything the waiter simply smiled every time I got his attention. When I asked for the bill he seemed shocked and said we only have 3 desert options so there’s no menu to offer so I said ok how about you offer me those 3 options he then said do you know baklava is? I said I do it would have been nice to have been offered that but seen as I’m sitting here in Dubai heat without a drink and haven’t been offered one for 30 mins or a desert I’d rather the bill and to his complete shock we left.

Reviewed 5 weeks ago via mobile

I have been many times to this outstanding restaurant. My problem this time was that I waited 50 minutes to be seated in spite the fact that I reserved ahead. However ever since we have been seated,the excellency began, from the service to the quality of food to the fabulous taste. We almost forgot the waiting time. The Nusret special is a legendary heavy dish. The short ribs are amazing. Highly recommended, but with a chance to wait until seated.

Reviewed September 16, 2019 via mobile

The ambiance was everything I expected it to be. Cool decor, decent music and all the waiters were decked out in Nus-Ret attire. The food here was a little mixed. We had the squid for starter which was overcooked and chewy. We ordered the porterhouse for our main meal. The meat was extremely tender and was cut at the table in the style of the main man. We had the baklava for dessert which was similarly served with some style and was delicious.

The waiters were a bit cold at times and they were a bit too hasty when it came to clearing the plates. As if they knew they were very busy and needed to get your table turned round for the next one.

One thing I disliked is that some of the clientele are here purely to post on social media. We had a couple sitting next to us who deliberately 'dropped' their starter off their table because they forgot to get a video of it being served. They then got a replacement starter served in the proper style. I suppose this is more an issue of the social media age than anything else.

Finally, the prices were shockingly high. £300 for one starter to share, a porterhouse to share, and a dessert each, one cocktail and one mock tail. For the quality of food I think it is at least twice the price it should be. I've eaten a similar amount of food that tasted better at the Hawksmoor in London for half the price. I've seen what the hype is about and personally wouldn't go back for what is really an overpriced social media experience rather than dining experience.

1  Thank jagdeepl2014