“Creates a great impression for a Dubai visitor” 5 of 5 bubbles
Review of Crowne Plaza Dubai Festival City

Crowne Plaza Dubai Festival City
Ranked #38 of 544 Hotels in Dubai
Berkshire/south Africa
“Creates a great impression for a Dubai visitor”
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed February 9, 2014

Only stay at this hotel on business but would have no hesitation staying here as a tourist.
Obliging staff, great service, rooms over looking the pool have magnificent sunsets
Terrace bar , try and reserve a table as packed for sundowners
Choice of pools and a covered air conditioned walk into an adjoining shopping mall.
Spotless and probably one of the cleanest hotels I have stayed at
Ticks all the boxes

Room Tip: Pool side, 6th floor , over looks the creek and great sun down views
  • Stayed December 2013, traveled on business
    • 5 of 5 bubbles
IHGDFC_45777, General Manager at Crowne Plaza Dubai Festival City, responded to this review, March 4, 2014
Dear 'JHankin',
Thank you for writing a review about your recent stay with us.

I was pleased to note your remark that we are ' Spotless and probably one of the cleanest hotels you have stayed in" . We work very hard to ensure our facilities and services are superior and are happy to see it reflects in our guests' experiences, not only on cleanliness but on service as well.

We appreciate your feedback and look forward to welcoming you back to the Crowne Plaza Dubai Festival City.

Hotel Manager

Traveler tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (375)
  • Arabic first
  • Polish first
  • Turkish first
Toulouse, Midi-Pyrenees, France
2 of 5 bubbles Reviewed February 7, 2014

All of the rave reviews about location, hotel property, comfortable and well appointed rooms, and great views of the creek are ALL true! Very nice hotel and some staff too but they fail on one important count which is essential to business travelers like myself who have very little time to go out to eat and consequently have all meals at the hotel and are pretty much at the mercy of room service. And therein lays the problem! Apparently, the hotel does not have enough kitchen staff to meet the demand for food from their restaurants nor their room service. Which begs the question: WHY? It’s not like labor is expensive in Dubai given wage scales.

On two occasions when dining at the Belgian Café, once a steak delivered to room service took 50 minutes and once, when dining in the restaurant, took 40 minutes. How long does it take to cook a steak? My last night was the most disappointing of all. Room service was “so busy” that they did not answer the phone. I had to call guest relations, who had earlier called to ask me how my stay was, to have room service to call back. Ordered a steak (yes again since the chef could only cite items that were in the menu; not creative at all). The steak dinner came in about 30 minutes but was practically raw on the inside (very rare). I requested the steak to be cooked medium-well (so pink) and was vey specific about the steak not being red, no blood and le voila: what do I get but exactly the opposite of what was ordered. I guess I would have been better off if they had taken the extra 20 minutes to actually cook the steak and delivered it in the time that had become their norm (50 minutes). I sent it back of course and then get a call from room service stating that that was what I had ordered! Needless to say, I went hungry my last night since I could not bear the thought of having to deal with room service again. I guess being a Platinum IHG member has its benefits but not when it comes to dining. VERY disappointed with my last evening and will likely never stay here again. Have stayed at the adjacent Intercontinental property the last time and should have stuck to what I know.
The low overall rating is primarily due to the lack of service and poor dining experience at this property. Quality of the meals, when correctly cooked, was good.

• Stayed February 2014, traveled on business
    • 3 of 5 bubbles
    • 3 of 5 bubbles
    • 2 of 5 bubbles
ICCPICRS, General Manager at Crowne Plaza Dubai Festival City, responded to this review, February 8, 2014
Dear "Beavis60",

Thank you for taking the time to post your comments here on Tripadvisor. I was pleased to note that you agreed with the many positive posting about our location, hotel amenities and overall service however I was disappointed that on this occasion our Food & Beverage team did not meet your expectations.

I can both understand and appreciate the importance of prompt and accurate service in a hotel and this is of even more importance when one has limited time in which to relax and enjoy a meal. I would like to apologise for the challenges that you experienced and would like you to rest assured that all matters raised will be addressed by our team accordingly.

I am aware that our Food & Beverage Manager met you during your stay to discuss some of the challenges you faced and I do hope that you will allow us another chance to provide you with a true Crowne Plaza Dubai Festival City experience.

Kind regards,

Hotel Manager
West Sussex
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed February 7, 2014

It was fabulous to be welcomed back to this amazing hotel. A warm greeting from Mimi on the front reception desk as soon as we arrived set the tone for our stay at our favorite hotel. We experienced the most excellent care and attention from the brilliant guys who operate the pool bar shared with Intercontinental (Jeffery, Padnum & the rest of the team), Deep (who welcomed me to my sunbed with a smile every morning!) as well as the great team in the Zaytoun restaurant (who serve the most amazing food) in particular our dear Irien. The room was spotlessly clean with the best linen provided. Our room on the 7th floor was well appointed with multiple plug sockets so we could charge all the electronic tablets, phones etc, a DVD player ( so we were able to watch discs we had taken over with us), free wi-fi service, together with a choice of pillow comfort - these factors all contributed to enhancing our stay as always. There is an excellent gym on the 5th floor with good facilities so don't forget to take your gym kit & trainers! The Belgian bar on the Lobby floor offers good food and great friendly service until the early hours (Jonathan, Jerson & Brian in particular) Breathtaking views across the creek to the Dubai skyline together with the fabulous firework display on Friday nights makes this hotel so perfect. Our stay was a combination of business & leisure and we can't wait to visit again.

• Stayed February 2014, traveled on business
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed February 4, 2014 via mobile

Here we are again in our favourite place and favourite hotel. We have a lovely room overlooking the creek as usual. We love this place as staff are so friendly. I love the gym and the poolside .Poolside staff are so friendly and attentive .Our stay here is just purely relaxation and shopping. The hotel is so convenient for me as near to the shopping mall which helps me a lot in therapy.this is more homely for me and my husband.My husband is a royal ambassador in IHG group and Crowne plaza is one of them.To mention specially the GM Marcus , so friendly and accommodating. We always look forward seeing him again whenever we visit this hotel.

Stayed February 2014, traveled as a couple
1 Thank Nieva H
Bengaluru, India
4 of 5 bubbles Reviewed February 4, 2014

Stayed here for two days while I was in Dubai. Great view of the skyline, and waterfront... Not many properties can offer this. Rooms were spacious with good linens. The breakfast was good. In terms or location very close to the airport. Loved the fact that it is attached to the festival city mall, gave us a good dining and shopping choice. I will definitely come back here...

Room Tip: Rooms on the 18th floor was good and the view was excellent.
  • Stayed January 2014, traveled with family
3 Thank KishanV
IHGDFC_45777, General Manager at Crowne Plaza Dubai Festival City, responded to this review, February 4, 2014
Dear KishanV,

Thank you very much for taking the time to share your comments regarding your latest stay in Crowne Plaza Dubai Festival City.

We were very pleased to read your feedback and see that you enjoyed staying on the 18th floor and the excellent view that comes with it. Thank you for highlighting your overall experience with the breakfast, we are glad to see that you had time to make use of the facilities around the area as well. We take great pride of the offering we have in Festival City and are glad to see our guests are making the most of their visits.

Looking forward to your next stay with us,

Best Regards,
Moscow, Russia
4 of 5 bubbles Reviewed February 3, 2014 via mobile

I did rate the overall experience as Very Good, but that's being a little bit conservative - it does deserve an Excellent rating.

Arrived late night and had a great welcoming at the reception. The staff is very professional indeed. Being a platinum IHG rewards program member got an upgrade to a better room.

The hotel is relatively new and is in an excellent condition. The rooms are as well in a very good condition, very spacious, clean and nicely designed. There is a big work desk, which is always very important to me as I do a lot of work during my business trips.

Bathroom is spacious and very clean. Must note that the water pressure was a little bit low, so if you are planning to fill up the bathtub that might take you a good 15 or more minutes. (But this issue might have been a temporary one)

Internet is pretty fast and free, which is also an important point. Many hotels today provide free internet but limit the bandwidth (speed), which I find very frustrating. To be completely honest, as I am a platinum IHG member, I was able to access the internet via a special section. That being said, I can not be sure about the bandwidth for non platinum members (maybe the hotel reps will comment on that).

The bed was very comfortable, so I did get a lot of good sleep! I must note though, that neither side of the bed provided an electric plug for the phone charger. It was strange to me as most new hotels have one or more electric sockets close to the bed. Everyone today carries one or more mobile device which in most cases are kept charging, at night next to the bed.

Must note that the hotel is smoke free, so for all smokers, keep that in mind, you can not smoke in the rooms and will be fined for doing so.

The hotel offers a large number of various services and activities, has a swimming pool, gym, spa etc... Breakfast is excellent and has a huge variety of different dishes to choose from.

The hotel is located at Dubai Festival City (a large shopping mall, with numerous restaurants and stores). The location is closer to Dubai airport rather than Down Town Dubai. It will roughly take around 15-30 minutes to get to the Down Town area.

Stayed January 2014, traveled on business
2 Thank Rnajm
Dear "Rnajm",
Thank you very much for your loyalty to our brand as a Platinum IHG Rewards Guest and for taking the time to write us a comprehensive review regarding your experience at Crowne Plaza Dubai Festival City.

It is a great reward to read your positive feedback about your "excellent" stay with us. We are glad to know you enjoyed the rooms and bathroom, we have taken note of your comment highlighting the water pressure, we will certainly look into it.

We are proud to be able to provide our guests with complimentary internet throughout the hotel, and is good to see that you have made use of the service without inconveniences. Indeed we grant higher internet speed for our loyal members, but still we take great consideration to ensure a good level of bandwidth is available for every guest staying in our property.

We will be sure to share your complete feedback with the team, thank you once again for your comments.

Looking forward to your next visit.

Warwick, United Kingdom
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed January 31, 2014

Stayed here for a week on a business trip. Great location next to the airport and only a short taxi ride from the city centre. Check in was quick and painless. The rooms were spacious and well appointed. The TV in the room would not switch on but I wasn't bothered about that at all, I didn't go to Dubai to watch TV in my hotel room! Breakfast was good with an excellent choice of foods. I used the gym which was quite well appointed for a hotel gym. The view of the sun rising over the city centre in the morning whilst having breakfast we'd pretty cool.
All in all a great hotel with great service, can't ask for more and will be back on my next visit, would just like a city view next time

• Stayed January 2014, traveled on business
Dear "Paul K",
Thank you for taking the time to share your comments on Trip Advisor and for letting us know about your week long stay with us.

We are happy to read that you had a successful visit and enjoyed the facilities and offers at our hotel. We work hard to ensure our product and services are meeting our guests expectations and is always a pleasure to know that those efforts are noticed by our guests.

Looking forward to your next visit to our hotel, please don't forget to mention your city view request upon reservation time, so we can do our best to accommodate this requirement and ensure you have a pleasant stay once again.