“Bittersweet”

Tulip Creek Hotel Apartments
Ranked #439 of 556 Hotels in Dubai
Reviewed January 11, 2014

Stayed in this hotel for 12 nights from the 25th dec, 2013. I travelled with my husband and three children. Yes the hotel is quite child-friendly, location is great as it is just a few minutes to the Deira city centre and the metro station. Great view from our balcony (we were in room 602). Was pleased with the kitchen and the room. The extra toilet was good for when we had visitors.
However, a number of things detracted from what should have been an otherwise enjoyable stay. Firstly and most annoying, our reservation had been mixed up andthe guy at the reception could not find it. It was even more annoying to hear him suggest that we stay in the reception area with two infants and one child till 2pm the following day when he could check us in, not minding we had just got in from a ten-hour long flight and needed more than anything else, a place to for the kids to sleep. He didnt seem to mind that he was making this outrageous suggestion to us at 2am! Consequently, we had to pay for an extra night just so we could sleep on a bed! Even though the reservation issue was finally sorted out the next day, and we were duly refunded, there was no form of apology whatsoever for the embarrassment and inconvenience. As some other reviewer pointed out, the carpets really need changing, what with the stains on them. Again it was very evident that our room had been previously used by a smoker and not enough was done by the cleaners to take care of the smell or the ash in the extra toilet. Also, having to make repeated and ignored requests for a number of things, like when something blew up while i was cooking and the stove stopped working, result being a ruined supper after several ignored requests for a fix spanning about 30 minutes! Infact, the problem was not fixed until almost midday the following day.
Despite these few hitches, we did enjoy overall, our stay in dubai and we may visit the hotel again or try other places, as some friends have recommended a few other places that are great for families.

Stayed: December 2013, traveled with family

Reviewed December 15, 2013 via mobile

As the title states this place looks ok at a glance.
However, I woke up in the morning with something tickling my arm, looked down and discovered it was a cockroach crawling on me in the bed!
I jumped out and saw there was not just one but 5 of them!!!!
Absolutely horrified!
As they scuttled away underneath the skirting I managed to kill two of them, the rest escaped.
When I spoke to the manager (who I had to wait an hour to see) he looked at me as if I was the one with the problem.
Told him I wanted a refund and he point blank refused.
Treated me like I was nothing more than an awkward customer.
I asked for the contact details of the GM and again I was refused, all he would give me was the basic info email address which he no doubt checks himself.

The place is decorated in brown earth colours which I now suspect is so the roaches blend in so you don't notice them.

The receptionist who was really nice and obviously felt bad informed me that this was a recurring problem and I was not the first to complain.

Stayed: December 2013, traveled solo
5  Thank Lindsey L
Reviewed November 13, 2013

We took a 2 bedroom apartment since we were two couples with kids. A small one bed and bath extra in the apartment came as a nice surprise. While we were thrilled with the room, the service left quite a bit to be desired for. Since we are used to Indian hospitality, it surely was a disappointing experience. We had to request twice for the rooms to be cleaned. we needed a few basic and had to request for quite a few times before they were delivered. We got a good deal on the price and hence it was good value for money.

Room Tip: Dont expect much from the staff and carry a few ready to cook items if you wish to save on the food...
  • Stayed: November 2013, traveled with friends
Reviewed November 6, 2013

The prime feature of this hotel is its location. 5 mins to the metro and the Deira City Center Mall. When we first read that it was an apartment (renovated into a hotel), we thought it would be cramped up or something, but we were proven wrong. the rooms are spacious and it was like living in your own studio apartment. Complete with stove, washing machine and utensils (aside from your usual refrigerator). The breakfast area was quite small but food selection is great. It's a good place for any duration of stay without compromising quality. But please take note: all rooms are by default smoking, so if you want a non smoking room, make sure to smell it first and if the room reeked of tobacco, have it immediately changed (hopefully there are other rooms of the same category that is available).

• Stayed: October 2013, traveled on business
1  Thank BUTCH A
Reviewed September 4, 2013

Staying in these apartments were perfect for my trip to Dubai, they were spacious and comfortable. Would defo come back here again. The only down fall is the fact you have to pay for wifi in the lobby when a few doors down there is a supermarket/cafe where it is free.

• Stayed: March 2013, traveled with friends
4  Thank mbcaramel
TCHA2015, Manager at Tulip Creek Hotel Apartments, responded to this reviewResponded December 13, 2015

Dear Valued Guest,

Warmest Greetings from Tulip Creek Hotel Apartments

We would like to thank you for choosing Tulip Creek Hotel Apartment as your accommodation choice and for taking the time to post your excellent and motivating comment on TripAdvisor.

We are delighted to know that you had an excellent stay with us. We are most concerned with the satisfaction and happiness of our guests and your comments are of great value to us. Moving comments such as yours ensure that the team at Tulip Creek continue to strive and maintain the best level of services.

Once again thank you for your kind comments which we have also shared with the team. We hope to have the pleasure of welcoming you again soon at Tulip Creek Hotel Apartments.

With Best Regards,

M. Salman Khan
Operations Manager
Tulip Creek Hotel Apartments

Reviewed April 5, 2013

We went to the Tulip Creek hotel apartments on a family group vacation to Dubai on the 12th of March 2013, and stayed for 9 days. The rooms were spacious & well equipped with kitchen & washing machine, friendly staff & good housekeeping, though the carpets in the rooms were very dirty & need to be replaced. The restaurant is another matter, they had the worst food ever & very highly priced. Overall it's a good place & I recommend it to others especially families.

• Stayed: March 2013, traveled with family
Reviewed March 31, 2013

Good location especially for airport transfers(around 10 minutes). Arrived 1.30am and told were to be upgraded. Great. However, not told it was for that night only and advised next morning 5 minutes before being picked up for a city tour that we needed to pack up to move rooms. Not used to water heating system which needs to be switched back on after presumably being turned off during day by staff - a prominent sign would assist. Several light bulbs out and a report of window not shutting was not actioned - eventually fixed it myself. Room clean and adequate for our needs. Only had breakfasts in restaurant and whilst variety limited was sufficient for our needs. Fire alarm activated twice one night but on enquiry no reason was forthcoming. Weighing up pluses and minuses consider facilities were satisfactory for our 4 day stopover.

Room Tip: If staying more than say 3 days a studio unit may be a little too confined.
  • Stayed: March 2013, traveled as a couple