“The best hotel I have ever stayed in”

InterContinental Dubai Festival City
Ranked #33 of 550 Hotels in Dubai
Nairobi, Kenya
“The best hotel I have ever stayed in”
Reviewed April 9, 2010

It's a while back - more than 1 year -since last stay at IC Dubai Festival city (3 stays so far) but i still remember the hotel clearly. Checking in to other hotels , I always wish to come to a place with the same high standards as this one, but not yet..
The Cafe Madeleine's food - the walk over to the Crowne Plaza and the belgian restaurant with all the good belgian beer, the vertigo feeling in the swimming pool overlooking pedestrians 10 meter under you, the drink in the bar with the night breexe coming in and all the good service one receives.
A small detail. The hotel smells extremely good.

Stayed January 2009, traveled solo
IHG_DFC, Hotel Manager at InterContinental Dubai Festival City, responded to this review, April 13, 2010
Dear Guest,

Thank you for taking the time to write a review of InterContinental Dubai Festival City.

I am delighted to read that you enjoyed each of your stays in the hotel so much, and that you were able to visit several of our outlets and enjoy the leisure facilities. Our Bistro Madeleine chefs will be particularly pleased to hear that you enjoyed their cuisine, which was incidentally nominated for Best French Restaurant in Dubai this year!

We look forward to the opportunity of welcoming you back in the near future. Assuring you of our very best attention at all times,

Warm regards,

Hotel Manager, InterContinental Dubai Festival City

Traveler tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (420)
  • Arabic first
  • Chinese (Traditional) first
  • Hebrew first
  • Korean first
  • Turkish first
yorks
Reviewed March 20, 2010

Travelled with two children and we all had a great holiday - our first to Dubai. The hotel is a little far out but the taxis are cheap and we went all over the area. The club lounge was very calm and peaceful apart from happy hour but one could always get a table. The staff are excellent and could not be faulted. The pool area is pretty but the views are a little industrial.
We will be back!

• Stayed February 2010, traveled with family
Qatar
Reviewed March 12, 2010

I stayed here with my mom in June last year (have just gotten around to writing some reviews). We went for a bit of a getaway and to enjoy some shopping.

First of all, the room was great. Super roomy and fantastic washroom.

The hotel is connected to Festival City mall and we had a great time visiting Ikea (there isn't one in Qatar) and shopping. There was lots of different choices in food too because of the connection to the mall as well as to Crowne Plaza.

The harbour is nice to walk around.

Very close to the airport but it takes a bit of a drive to get to Mall of the Emirates and to "sightsee" around Dubai.

I would definitely stay here again.

• Stayed June 2009
IHG_DFC, Hotel Manager at InterContinental Dubai Festival City, responded to this review, March 21, 2010
Dear Guest

Thank you for taking the time to write a review about your most recent stay at InterContinental Dubai Festival City.

I am delighted to learn that you were impressed with our rooms and the bathroom design. I am also pleased that you were able to enjoy the benefits of our location with the direct access to the neighboring Crowne Plaza and to the Festival Centre shopping mall.

Many thanks for your comments and we look forward to the opportunity of welcoming you back on your next visit to Dubai.

Bishkek
Reviewed March 11, 2010

Great view, excellent location, everything in one place.

• Stayed March 2010, traveled on business
Adelaide, Australia
Reviewed March 7, 2010

I think it could possibly be. I stayed there for the first time for several nights on business and, what can I say, it was impeccable! Rooms are brilliant, staff were very professional with just the right balance between friendliness, courtesy and efficiency, food at the restaurants (I only tried one) was outstanding and location perfect.
I travel a lot, particularly in the Middle East (and have done so for the past 25+ years) and I dont think I have ever experienced the same level of satisfaction with a hotel as a 'complete package'.
It really is, in my opinion, outstanding!

• Stayed March 2010, traveled on business
1 Thank A_TravellerAdelaide
Dear Guest

Thank you very much for your comments and for your kind words concerning our staff and their attitude, as well as the rooms and the food. Our goal is to exceed guest expectations and I am delighted to see from your feedback on this visit that we are on the right track.

We look forward to welcoming you back to the InterContinental when you are next travelling to Dubai.

london england
Reviewed March 7, 2010

Booked into the Intercontinental Festival City for my wife’s birthday.
Left the Intercontinental early.
Why?
Arrived at 9.30 pm on first night.
Shown to room.
Not stocked for 3 persons and was told that everything would be sent up straight away.
2 hours later nothing had arrived so I called and asked were it was.
At just about 00.30hrs some one delivered some items but missed out others.
To tired to complain as we had left England 16 hours earlier.
Next morning had to call because the aircon was not working. Engineer came and did a temp fix on the unit.
That same evening the water pipe in the bathroom (which had had a temporary fix made on it before we took the room) leaked allowing water to come through the ceiling, even the engineering manager told the room manger we should not be in the room.
We then had to pack all our suitcases (not forgetting that this was my wife’s birthday!) and move room.
The room the hotel gave us was double the size.
This room was right next to what must have been a motor room for the lifts or aircon or some type of motor room. All night all you could hear by the headboard was motors running.
At no time did the room cleaners take away dirty coffee cups, food platters or clean the sticky muck of the carpet leading into the room! So if you had paid for this type of room you would have been well put out!

The pool and area around the pool was closed on the Tuesday, something to do with rain overnight. This was all we were told, no other reason. (Could not tell you if it was closed Wednesday as we had had enough of the shambles of this hotel and had left to go elsewhere)
If you look around the pool you will find lose pool tiles, sealant glue over major fixings, general unloved wear and tear.

We did get to go to meet the hotel manager in a bar on 26th floor, one Steven Greenwood, who apologised for the problems and said when we stay in the hotel again to email him!
With all the problems laid before us in this hotel does the manager really think we will be going back to this hotel?
What was a birthday treat for my wife turned out to be nothing but a complete let down, “we will not be returning to this hotel again” and would advice all not to stay here.

The last straw to this was that the hotel still had the audacity to charge us full price for all the inconvenience we had to go through.

As I have said we checked out early and went elsewhere for our last few days in Dubai.

Of course we have written to the Intercontinental Group to see what course of action they are willing to take for such a poor stay but as yet no one has had the courtesy to reply.

• Stayed February 2010, traveled as a couple
3 Thank thecllr
IHG_DFC, Hotel Manager at InterContinental Dubai Festival City, responded to this review, March 9, 2010
Dear Guest,

It is with regret that I read your disheartened review, and once again apologise for the inconvenience caused to you and your family during your stay.

I recollect our meeting in the Club Lounge where we discussed your concerns, yet as I recall you accepted my responses at the time. I believe there was a misunderstanding regarding my offer of compensation. I have your contact details on file and we will be in touch with you shortly to discuss the matter.

Once again, I offer you many thanks for bringing these issues to my attention, and do hope we are able to welcome you back to InterContinental Dubai Festival City in the near future.3

Greater London, United Kingdom
Reviewed March 3, 2010

My husband and I recently stayed at the InterContinental. What a refreshing stopover from London to Australia!! The staff were lovely and very friendly. The room (a king bed) was brilliant with a huge bathroom and a great view. The restaurant and bar offerings diverse and generally well priced. Would stay again!!

• Stayed February 2010, traveled as a couple
Dear Guest

Thank you for taking the time to post your feedback on TripAdvisor.

I appreciate your kind words about our team, hotel and services in general, and I am delighted to learn that you enjoyed your stay so much.

We look forward to welcoming you back again when you are next travelling to the region.