“STILL ONE OF THE BEST HOTELS IN THE WORLD TODAY”

InterContinental Dubai Festival City
Ranked #34 of 563 Hotels in Dubai
Reviewed May 13, 2014

As a business man who crosses the globe continuously, the Intercontinental Hotel Festival City Dubai consistently out performs on every occasion I stay there. The overall hotel design features and rooms are superb, the staff are truly first class from the time you arrive until you depart without exception, the spa is tranquil and the variety of cuisine amazing. I rarely recommend unless truly convinced and, clearly, this hotel has excellent quality training in place which also strives to do better and better. Congratulations !!

• Stayed: May 2014, traveled on business
45777IHG_DFC, Manager at InterContinental Dubai Festival City, responded to this reviewResponded May 20, 2014

Dear 'Worldglobal',

We would like to take the opportunity to thank you for your loyalty to the InterContinental Dubai Festival City and for taking the time to share your comments on our website. I am pleased to receive your positive feedback and note that we have exceeded your expectations on many aspects of your visits in our hotel.

Your praise highlighting our service, team members, rooms, and many more, makes us proud of every effort dedicated to ensure our guests have a memorable experience during their stays, as this is the hallmark of InterContinental brand.

Thank you again for your comments and we certainly look forward to your next visit.

Best regards,
Hotel Manager, InterContinental Dubai Festival City

Write a ReviewReviews (1,936)

Reviewed May 13, 2014 via mobile

A very friendly hotel, so great staff who would do anything to make you feel good, I got free room upgrade only cz It took me an effort to find my ID!, quality as expected from this chain.
The Greek + Burj Khalifa rooms view worth it for sure.

Stayed: May 2014, traveled on business

Dear 'Eminent G',

Thank you for taking the time to share your comments on TripAdvisor and for the motivating feedback specially on our service. Reading that the team took great care of you and ensured you had a great stay, makes us proud of our efforts to make every guest stay a memorable one.

Once again thank you for your comment and I do hope we will have the opportunity to welcome you back to the InterContinental Dubai Festival City.

Best Regards,
Rene van Camp
Hotel Manager, InterContinental Dubai Festival City.

Reviewed May 13, 2014 via mobile

You will not be disappointed if you stay here!! The location is excellent with plenty of restaurants and shops on your doorstep!! The rooms are amazing and wonderfully clean!! The staff cannot do enough for you!! The pool area is amazing and the pool snack bar is excellent too!! The crowne plaza is linked and we often went for a drink in the bar there which again was very good!! I cannot fault this hotel and would have no hesitation in recommending this hotel or staying there again myself!! Sooner rather than later I hope!!!

• Stayed: June 2013
1  Thank CDITAI

Dear 'CDITAI'

Thank you for taking time to share your comments on TripAdvisor

It is a delight to read your review and know that you had such a positive experience while staying in InterContinental Dubai Festival City. We work very hard to ensure our facilities and services are up to our guests expectations, and it is rewarding to receive feedback highlighting your positive experience in many areas.

Your remarks regarding the service and the leisure area are a delight to read, be assured this will be shared with the teams to recognize their great efforts and dedication.

Once again thank you for your comment and I do hope we will have the opportunity to welcome you back to our hotel.

See you soon!

Reviewed May 11, 2014

I spent there a weekend with my kids, we really enjoyed the pool, tha jacouzi beside the pool is a smart idea rather than in the spa, the sea view, friendly staff, clean confortable room and a superb international breakfast that you should never miss.

• Stayed: February 2014, traveled with family

Dear 'i_esmat'.

We would like to take the opportunity to thank you for choosing to stay at the InterContinental Dubai Festival City and for taking the time to share your comments on TripAdvisor. I am pleased to receive your positive feedback and note that you enjoyed many aspects of your visit in our hotel.

We take great pride of our facilities and services; receiving your praise highlighting the great experience at the leisure area and our breakfast, gives us confidence and inspires us to continue delivering successful experiences to our guests.

Best regards,

Reviewed May 11, 2014 via mobile

I am here on business and my wife was to join me but had to cancel last minute her portion. I am an Ambassador Member with Intercontinental Hotel so entitled to upgrades. They upgrade me to a King Suite and the space and view are outstanding. Sad my wife couldn't join. Facilities and location also very convenient as near the Airport.

Stayed: May 2014, traveled on business
Reviewed May 10, 2014

Had a room here for about 17 hours, after a cruise and before flying home, so in terms of value maybe hard to score. It was however a good 17 hours. The room was exceptionally equipped and the views excellent...but this is Dubai. Hotel was very helpful in checking us in at 11am (had emailed previously). interesting plumbing in the bathroom, bath 'tap' turned on the shower and vice versa, with the bath 'tap' being in the ceiling! but this is Dubai.....
Taxi to Dubai Mall was about £4, to the airport about £6.
The hotel has a very lovely pool area which we didn't have time to use with great views which we did see.
It seemed to us to be an ideal place to stay for convenience to get to downtown and for the airport and for local restaurants - there's a licenced Jamie's in the Festival Mall which we used.
Big surprise for us was the rain, started about 6pm and by the time we left at 5am, it really meant it - the airport was leaking! Think we might need to come back to see the real Dubai and wouldn't mind using this hotel.

• Stayed: March 2014, traveled as a couple
Reviewed May 10, 2014

This is a hotel at which I have stayed previously and has always been a good stay which has meant that I have been happy to return.

On this occasion the first room which I was given was possibly the smallest / pokiest room in the hotel - overlooking some large air conditioning fans, terrible. I called reception and pointed out that I had stayed before, and the room which I had been given was inconsistent with previous stays where I had booked same room type.

I was moved to another room in the same category, which was what I had been expecting for the booking, sorely disappointed that I had to complain to be moved. This is a hotel which I have stayed at on a number of previous occasions, will not be returning.

Room Tip: If you are offered room 615, save the trip up to the room to find out how bad it is and ask them for...