“GREAT PLACE TO STAY, PITY ABOUT THE REWARDS PROGRAM”

InterContinental Dubai Festival City
Ranked #33 of 550 Hotels in Dubai
Melbourne, Australia
“GREAT PLACE TO STAY, PITY ABOUT THE REWARDS PROGRAM”
Reviewed September 20, 2013

As an Inter Continental Platinum Ambassador I have stayed at this beautiful hotel on 2 occasions this year. I cannot fault the level of service or the beautiful place that it is.
The last stay was from the 23rd August for 5 nites.

I would highly recommend this place.

I am just disappointed that the rewards program which I am a high user of did not reward me with the loyalty points for my visit, reason being that I got a good rate on my 5 night stay......

Perhaps time to look at other loyalty club options, its a good thing we have options these days

Room Tip: Request rooms on the creek side, spectacular views
  • Stayed August 2013, traveled on business
1 Thank seaneka7

Traveler tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (420)
  • Arabic first
  • Chinese (Traditional) first
  • Hebrew first
  • Korean first
  • Turkish first
Germany
Reviewed September 20, 2013

A superb hotel with full amenities expected of a five star hotel. The bathroom was absolutely spotless with excellent bed and room facilities. The Spa was fabulous which provided a very relaxing atmosphere. The buffet breakfast was fit for a King, offering a wide variety for all nationalities. I would not hesitate to recommend this hotel and the excellent service received from the hotel staff.

Room Tip: Join the Intercontinental Ambassador's Club for just $200 ($150 second year onwards) and enjoy a...
  • Stayed September 2013, traveled on business
1 Thank worldglobal
Atlanta, Georgia, United States
Reviewed September 18, 2013

Great place to stay when passing thru Dubai. Taxi from airport is just 35 aed and back was still lower at just 30 aed. Very friendly staff. Room service was great. Free upgrade with a view of the pool and bay.

• Stayed August 2013, traveled on business
1 Thank Phillip F
Abu Dhabi, United Arab Emirates

Hi,
I styed in Room Number 1813 on 13th Sep 2013, and I have advance booking with my Platinum member and i was shocked when I receive very bad service.

1- I asked for wedding anniversary set-up, and nothing was there even the they mentioned during the check-in that we have nice room with nice set-up.

2- I spend one night on noisy bed, which never happened even in 3 stars hotel.

3- Check out has been done while I am in the room and no one call for check out, so if something happend in the room they DONT CARE.

4- Front Office Manager action was very Poor.

5- staff is not trained well, even some of the senior Managers.

I was expecting to have 5 stars services, but i was disappointed in my first wedding anniversary.

I styed with other IHG hotels, and I have good experince with thier services & treatment but with this hotel!!!!!!!

Thanks
Osama

Room Tip: Crown Plaza hotel next door and they have better services & better room and you can you use the...
  • Stayed September 2013, traveled as a couple
1 Thank Osama I
IHGCare, Guest Relations Manager at InterContinental Dubai Festival City, responded to this review, October 5, 2013
Dear Osama,

Thank you so much for taking the time to leave us your feedback. As an IHG Rewards Platinum Elite member we greatly appreciate your loyalty to our brand and hotel. I truly apologize for the not up to par experience you had during you stay with us. I have taken note and wish to thank you for all your valuable comments. These are of great importance to us and allow us to monitor and improve our service continually. While we understand that your stay was not 100% satisfactory, we would hope that you would give us another chance to make your stay as best as it can be.

Once again, thank you for your feedback.

Janice A
Case Manager
IHGCare
Harrison, Tennessee
Reviewed September 18, 2013

It’s a beautiful hotel and we are privileged to be Royal Ambassadors and enjoy the benefits of the beautiful suite upgrade that comes with it. We found out after check in we had the option of a suite upgrade or a club room and that option would have been nice to have been presented at check in. The rooms are gorgeous and the service we receive upon arrival and during our stay is wonderful. We have stayed there a few times but are rarely there more than one night and look forward to going back again. There are two things I would suggest- offer pay per view movies for those of us who are jet lagged and want to stay in and relax and upgrade the robes. It’s a small thing but you are in a gorgeous suite with wonderful amenities and an amazing view and you have cheap robes in the closet.
Check out the Trader Vics next door for great MaiTai’s and food. The Belgium Pub that is connected also has a great selection of beers and the bartender that night, Brian, took excellent care of us. His recommendations on trying different beers were appreciated and he also educated us on some of the different beers. Good luck on the upcoming bartender competition Brian!
We look forward to our return visit.

• Stayed September 2013, traveled on business
1 Thank GoodTravelwithSmiths
Reviewed September 13, 2013 via mobile

Spent 2nights at this hotel. Very good rooms and also excellent room service. Only issue was that I was not met at airport as requested. Had an issue with reservation on last trip and a rude person on reception who should not be employed at such a good hotel.

Stayed September 2013
1 Thank Peter D
Edinburgh
Reviewed September 13, 2013

We have stayed there many times now and while you have to say that it is not a beach hotel , it has everything else and more . But do you want to swim in the sea I ask you? .
The style in which the hotel is set out is first class. The rooms are what you expect a five star to be. The Vista lounge is luxurious and quirky .In the Eclipse Bar , I sat there on the 26th floor looking across the Dubai night sky where you see car headlights for miles along the Shiekh Zayheed Road travelling like an army of illuminated ants on the march. A sight to behold.
The interior of the bar had a seventies style feel with red lighting. I noticed that the air con is set low so take an extra piece of clothing if you feel the chill.
We did not use the hotel pool area this time and opted for the Crowne Plaza's pool deck that is only 20 yards away up the stairs. It was quieter and you still get the services of the Interconti Pool Bar.
This hotel well worth a visit and while I have read reviews that the Intercontinental is out the way , there are not many places you can walk in the vicinity of your Dubai hotel in comparative safety and distant from the Dubai motorist.
We walked from the hotel to Al Badia Village every morning , it takes an hour, where you walk along the Marina towards the golf course surrounded by pathways with flowers and plants on either side finally cutting through the village itself . In the afternoon we went the opposite way along the side of the creek passing the Marsa Plaza Residents Suites taking you almost to Dubai Creek Golf Course. That is 40 minutes there and back. Again no traffic.
For those looking to jog, ask at reception for a map of the area that provides two well set out routes. Mind you, those who want more can go to the gym, best of luck.
Those that want to explore , can take a taxi or do as we have done , walk to the nearby Festival City Mall and get on the big red bus outside Marks and Spencers. It's easy.
Finally for those on a short stay in the city, the hotel is only a 10 minute taxi ride from the airport and you don't hear any aircraft noise. Perfect

Room Tip: Ask for a high floor , facing the Creek
  • Stayed September 2013, traveled as a couple