“Extremely good”

Ranked #21 of 540 Hotels in Dubai
Port Moresby, Papua New Guinea
“Extremely good”
Reviewed June 22, 2013

I have stayed here a few times on business. It is a very good hotel indeed. I know some of the other 5 star hotels are more spectacular but that just puts me off - I don;t want my money spent on bells and whistles. I find the location near the airport and integrated with large shopping mall ideal for a business trip. The rooms are large, luxurious and immaculately clean. The staff can't do enough for you.

Room Tip: If possible use the club floors and related services.
  • Stayed June 2013, traveled on business
1 Thank Greg W
IHGDFC_45777, General Manager at InterContinental Dubai Festival City, responded to this review, August 27, 2013
Dear “BearInPNG”,

It was very pleasing to learn that you had an enjoyable time during your stay at InterContinental Dubai Festival City. Thank you for taking the time to write about your experience here on TripAdvisor.

I was happy that you appreciated the hotel's convenient location and that the "large, luxurious and clean" rooms and considerate staff made your stay a memorable one.

I look forward to welcoming you back to our hotel in the near future.

Hotel Manager, InterContinental Dubai Festival City

Traveler tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (404)
  • Arabic first
  • Chinese (Traditional) first
  • Hebrew first
  • Korean first
  • Turkish first
Australia
Reviewed June 21, 2013

Stay at intercontinentals frequently as we are members of ambassadore club. We were upgraded to a suite ..it was huge..spotless and stylishly furnished with stunning views. We.always stay on club level. The club lounge was exceptional with a super buffet of local tastes.
All the staff were genuinely helpful and professional. It was great to be able to walk directly through to festival city for a bit of shopping ...only down was the very disorganised departure. With a lot of people departing at the same time it was chaotic ...we booked a limo...it was given to someone else and we were asked to take a small taxi...our luggage couldn't fit...the next fellow just simply refused cause he didn't want to touch our luggage!! Some loud cranky people!! I would still recommend a stay though.

• Stayed April 2013, traveled as a couple
Dear “lovesfishingmm”,

Thank you for taking the time to share your feedback on TripAdvisor of your recent stay at InterContinental Dubai Festival City.

I was delighted to know that your stay was made memorable because of the service provided at the Club Lounge and the stunning views that welcomed you from your "spotless and stylishly furnished" Club Room. I was however disappointed to read about the experience you faced with the luggage on departure. Please be assured that this has been communicated with the respective department and is currently being investigated.

I sincerely hope to have the pleasure of inviting you once again to our hotel so that we can provide you with a true InterContinental experience.

new zealand
Reviewed June 21, 2013

We stayed in this hotel for three nights before our cruise,It is a short taxi ride to festival city cost around $10 usd. Checkin was quick and within a few minutes we were in our room The room was well appointed with quality furnishings and bedding. All the movies on the large flat screen were all free which was a nice surprise. We did not eat at the hotel because we found it to be to expensive and since the mall was connected to the hotel it made it quite easy to find good food at reasonable prices. The hotel is not to far from the city another $10 usd taxi ride we found the taxis so cheap that is all we used even going to the palm island was $20 one way I would recommend this quality hotel to all.

Room Tip: Eat in the adjoining mall
  • Stayed May 2013, traveled as a couple
Dear “jmannz”,

Thank you for choosing to stay at the InterContinental Dubai Festival City and for sharing your feedback on TripAdvisor.

I was happy to read that you appreciated the hotel's convenient location and found the rooms to be comfortable and well-appointed. I really hope to have the pleasure of welcoming you back to our hotel soon.

Sydney, Australia
Reviewed June 19, 2013 via mobile

This is a very nice hotel but since it's in Dubai, it is easy to feel that you are missing out on something because it's not as grand as many others you see around the emirate.

It's one of the closest hotels to the airport which is great if your stopover isn't too long. While it is right next door to Festival City shopping centre, by Dubai standards, this shopping centre is average and no match for the likes of Dubai Mall or Mall of the Emirates. The hotel is nit close to any if the usual attractions. You will need to get a taxi to see the "real" Dubai if you stay here.

• Stayed April 2013
Dear “matthew f”,

Thank you for taking the time to share your feedback on TripAdvisor following your recent stay at InterContinental Dubai Festival City.

I am happy to note that you were pleased with the hotel and its close proximity to the airport. The team and I, look forward to welcoming you back to the hotel, hopefully in the not too distant future.

Fort Lauderdale, Florida
Reviewed June 18, 2013

My fiance and I traveled to Dubai from 23 March-30 March 2013. We stayed at this hotel and we could not have asked for a better experience.

Vacationing in Dubai, first off, is not cheap. However, the Intercontinental Dubai Festival City offered great rates and even upgraded us to suite accomodations because of my fiance's status with IHG Hotel group.

Because my fiance was in Afghanistan prior to our vacation, he arrived at the hotel before my flight came in to DXB (Dubai International Airport) from Atlanta, GA. A Lexus was waiting for me at the airport and brought me back to the hotel. My fiance and I entered and exited through a section of the hotel for VIP guests only, as they had a separate desk and elevators for those staying on floors 23 and above. Every single person we spoke to at the hotel was always smiling and asking how they could assist us. Check in and out was seamless and we even were driven back to DXB with one of the hotel's luxury sedans.

Our room was beautiful. We had a two bedroom suite with a separate living area on the 30th floor. Every night our bed was turned down and we had robes and slippers waiting for us. Inside the small kitchen area, was a mini fridge. Not only was it always completely stocked, but when my fiance asked to have it stocked with extra Red Bull, 8 cans of Red Bull appeared in less than 20 minutes to our fridge!

Not only is this hotel beautiful, clean and friendly, but it's location is very convenient. It is located less than 15 minutes from DXB, which is nice after getting off of a 15 hour flight. It is attached to a Crowne Plaza, so you have more IHG hotel group options in the immediate area. The hotel is also attached to the Festival City Shopping mall. When exiting the main elevators in the hotel, you cross the lobby into a short tunnel which leads you right into the shopping mall! Not only is the Festival City Mall indoors, but it is an outdoor mall as well, which intersects a small gathering of carnival rides (fun for the kids). There also must be 30 or more restaurants within 1/4 of a mile at the mall. There are World Famous eateries like the Hard Rock Cafe, Johnny Rockets and Fuddruckers located here, as well as one-off local eateries that are an absolute gem!

As far as eating goes within the Intercontinental, Terra Firma has the best steak I have ever eaten. (See pictures). It was a 600 day aged Australian Wagyu filet. Pricey, but worth every bite. There is also a lovely restaurant in the lobby, which offers outdoor seating overlooking the outdoor mall called Anise, which is an all day dining option. In the morning they serve a wide variety of foods from around the world. They have selections of bread like you would not believe. They will make you any omelette you want on the spot and mix in one of the many exotic spices they have on display. Brunch is great, but again, runs a bit pricey. If you go anywhere else to a traditional Friday brunch, expect to pay anywhere from 90.00-150.00 USD pp. This particular brunch at the hotel was around 70.00 USD pp.

My fiance and I will be revisiting Dubai very soon. We will not be staying at the Intercontinental this time, as we are going to be on the other side of the city, but we will be sure to stop in for another delicious steak! I cannot say enough good things about this hotel!

• Stayed March 2013, traveled as a couple
3 Thank a4zat
Dear “a4zat”,

It was a pleasure to read such a detailed and complimentary review of your stay at InterContinental Dubai Festival City. Thank you for sharing your experience here on TripAdvisor.

I enjoyed reading your review and to see how you detailed out so many positive moments of your stay goes on to show just how memorable it was for you and your fiance. I'm particularly happy to see that you enjoyed dining at the Terra Firma Steakhouse and you plan on including it in your next itinerary to Dubai. Your kind comments about the friendly and approachable staff will surely be shared with them and appreciated.

Thank you once again for recommending our hotel. It is fantastic to know that you had such an enjoyable stay with us and I look forward to the opportunity of once again welcoming you back to our hotel.

Dubai, United Arab Emirates
Reviewed June 16, 2013

This review is a little late but I figured I would share anyway....Went for our honeymoon last December and stayed 3 nights. We loved our room! Huge bathroom, great deck, comfy bed...etc. The hotel itself has very pretty swimming pool!! we ate breakfast one time which was good as well. The staff were all very friendly and helpful...they had a chocolate surprise in the room waiting for us because we were honeymooners..a nice touch! thanks to reception staff. IHG is always the best for us!!! Overall, loved our stay...and looking forward to coming back!

• Stayed December 2012
Dear “Viomen”,

Thank you for choosing to stay at the InterContinental Dubai Festival City to celebrate your honeymoon and for sharing your experience here on TripAdvisor.

It was pleasing to read you comments on the room and to know that you found it very comfortable and spacious. I was also happy to know that you felt well taken care of by the staff and their friendly and helpful disposition helped in making your honeymoon a memorable one.

I am glad to know you plan on staying with us again and definitely look forward to welcoming you back.

Antwerp, Belgium
Reviewed June 16, 2013

I stayed here three nights for a conference and was here two years ago too. Rooms look nice but not as new as two years ago!

I was upset that my request for a "non-smoking" room was not arranged. (In the Middle East smoking rooms smell heavily from smoke!) I complained and had to wait an hour or two for my non-smoking room to be ready and was told that I was lucky that one just became free. And I only received that as I said that I would go to another hotel.

Location is not too great for a tourist and the shopping mall connected to it (Festival City) offers nothing speacial, just a few expensive stores. Taxis are very cheap in Dubai making actually this location not that bad.

I would only stay here again if the conference would be in the same building. This not because this isn't a good hotel but just because Dubai offers that many great hotels at good prices (try the Raffles for example). I also stayed once in the CrownPlaza next door, alhtough also good the IC is a bit better/nicer.

Pros: Clean rooms, great bathroom (water coming into the bathtub from the ceiling!), great swimming pools, and good breakfast.

Ah, one more thing. When I was here two years ago I went for breakfast to one of the top floors, gave my room number and sat down to eat. After five minutes the waiter came to say that here is breakfast for premium rooms only and that I have to go downstairs to the main dining room. This was embarassing; being kicked out!!!

Room Tip: Book a "non-smoking" room and make sure you get it.
  • Stayed February 2013, traveled on business
IHGCare, Guest Relations Manager at InterContinental Dubai Festival City, responded to this review, July 1, 2013
Dear lucernelion,

Thank you for taking the time to express your thoughts and concerns. We are so pleased you liked our pool facility. Please accept our sincerest apology for the issues you had at check-in and the room accommodations you received did not live up to your expectations. We are also sorry you were not satisfied with the service you received during your past stay. We want to assure you that our hotel is very proud of its level of service, cleanliness and quality of its product. For that reason, the comments are troubling and will certainly be looked into. Thank you for staying and we hope you give us another chance to show you how great our hotel is.

Anthony M