“Delight in Dubai”

Ranked #25 of 545 Hotels in Dubai
Dallas, Texas
“Delight in Dubai”
Reviewed April 4, 2013

On our way home to the US we decided to stopover in Dubai so we stayed for two days to see the area. Check-in was fast and we had our bags delivered to our room almost instantly. The room had a excellent view of the city. Our arrival was later in the afternoon and still on a different time zone, we didn't feel like hopping in a cab so we just explored Festival City (felt like I was back in the US except for Marks&Spencer!) Enjoyed a drink in the hotel at the bar with a fantastic view. Ordered room service which was actually the best and fastest we've ever had. Our server couldn't have been any nicer. Lots of people staying at the hotel but you certainly couldn't hear a thing in the room. Outstanding hotel, great facility and wonderful service. If I had another layover i would certainly return to this hotel.

• Stayed March 2013, traveled as a couple
IHGDFC_45777, General Manager at InterContinental Dubai Festival City, responded to this review, July 14, 2013
Dear lovetravel0828,

Thank you very much for writing a review on your stay at InterContinental Dubai Festival City.

I was delighted to read such positive comments about our hotel, especially about the fast check-in and bags delivery service. Our service team will be more than happy to know that their efforts brought such a good experience. I was also glad to know that you had the chance to enjoy the shopping at the neighbouring Festival City Mall. It was indeed a pleasure to know that our room service was “the best and fastest” you have ever experienced and that you would consider staying at our hotel on your next trip to Dubai.

Thank you once more for your kind comments and we look forward to welcoming you back.

Hotel Manager, InterContinental Hotel Dubai Festival City

Traveler tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (411)
  • Arabic first
  • Chinese (Traditional) first
  • Hebrew first
  • Korean first
  • Turkish first
London, United Kingdom
Reviewed April 3, 2013

Having stayed in the Intercon Dubai Festival City many times I wish to recognize the current outstanding quality of the lounge offering in this high end hotel.

The quality of service, beverages and food is simply excellent. Couple this with one of the best views one could dream of in a city environment (over the creek onto the skyline of Sh. Zayed Road) and you can spend many happy hours a day in this lounge without having to go outside!

The rooms are of a good size and have a modern style and are of high quality but need a little updating in small areas.

There are a great range of dining choices in the complex which includes the adjacent Crowne Plaza. You even have a good size mall connected to the hotel.

Check carefully that the location works for you (this is more a business location close to the airport and only 15 minutes by cab to the financial centre) - if so this a hotel for you, but this package does not come cheap.

• Stayed April 2013, traveled on business
1 Thank Paul D
Dear Paul D,

Thank you for taking your time to write a review about your stay in InterContinental Dubai Festival City.

It was pleasing to know that you’ve stayed many times at our hotel and that you “recognize the current quality” of it. I was delighted to read that the quality of service, beverages and food was “simply excellent” and that the view from the hotel room is considered by you to be “one of the best views one could dream of in a city environment”.

I take a chance to thank you once more for your review and our team looks forward to welcoming you once again, hopefully in the near future.

Hotel Manager, InterContinental Dubai Festival City
Seattle, Washington
Reviewed April 3, 2013

one of the best hotels to stay in. the intercontinental dubai festival city outdid themselves with interior, bars, restaurants, pools. good belgian bar next door with fresh beer and mussels. connected to little mall. service was outstanding and rooms fantastic. will stay here again.

• Stayed March 2013, traveled as a couple
IHGDFC_45777, General Manager at InterContinental Dubai Festival City, responded to this review, July 11, 2013
Dear travellingexpat_12,

Thank you for your kind review about your stay at InterContinental Dubai Festival City.

I was delighted to know that you enjoyed so many aspects of your stay, in particular the quality of service and rooms. Our service team will be very happy to receive such great feedback from our guests and they are sure to appreciate it. It was also a pleasure to know that you had a chance to dine at the Belgian Beer Café at the adjacent Crowne Plaza Hotel and tried its signature mussels and beer.

Thank you very much for your review and we look forward to welcoming you once again to our hotel.

Reviewed April 3, 2013

thsi hotel is amazing , very clean , the service is amazing, very near to a very good shopping mall where you can find good restaurants too. I've been there twice , and for sure if I'll go to dubai again I will stay there.

• Stayed June 2012, traveled on business
Dear esrahm,

Thank you for choosing to stay at InterContinental Dubai Festival City and we appreciate you taking the time out to review us on TripAdvisor.

I was very happy to read such positive comments about your stay and was particularly delighted to know that the cleanliness and the quality of service left a good impression. Indeed, the Festival City shopping mall next to the hotel is highly appreciated by our guests, and I am happy to know that you had a chance to dine there.

Thank you very much for your review and we all look forward to welcoming you once again, hopefully in the near future.

Seattle, Washington
Reviewed April 1, 2013

This was a really nice hotel with a lot of things in the festival city mall at your finger tips. It did not hurt that I was upgraded to a 9 room suit and my views were spectacular. The service was excellent and the hotel was beautiful. The only thing I could say negatively was that festival city was isolated to itself and you had to relay soley on the taxis to get you around. I had wished it was near a metro stop, but it is quite a far from one. The only reason I wished this was not because I wanted to avoid taxis, but sometimes it was hard to get a taxi and the metro would have been much easier.

That said, if I was to go back to Dubai, I would stay here again.

• Stayed March 2013, traveled solo
Dear Mataturider,

We appreciate your time for writing a review about your stay at InterContinental Dubai Festival City.

It was pleasing to know that you had the opportunity to visit the neighbouring Festival City Mall. Many of guests appreciate the mall because of its close proximity to the hotel and the variety of outlets and restaurants. I was very happy to read that the upgrade brought an even better experience to your stay. I was however disappointed to know that you were disappointed by our location, but was delighted to know that despite this you would still consider returning to our hotel.

Thank you once again for your comments and we all look forward to welcoming you back to our hotel, hopefully in the near future.

Reviewed March 30, 2013 via mobile

This hotel is located in the middle of Dubai. As the burj khaifa is like 15 mins away and as well as mall of the emirates. Also, there is the Dubai festival centre under the hotel. Also, the staff were excellent at welcoming us including sherif and job. We did not get to see the tall guy as he was on a vacation but he was the welcome embassador. The best breakfast buffet i ever went to. Overall it was an excellent experience! ( Tamer Ibrahim)

• Stayed March 2013
Dear OmarTamer,

Thank you for sharing your experience of your stay at InterContinental Hotel Dubai Festival City here on TripAdvisor.

It was a pleasure for me to read about your “excellent experience” at our hotel. I was delighted to know that our breakfast buffet was “the best breakfast buffet” you have ever gone to. I am sure our team at Anise restaurant will be extremely happy to hear about it. I appreciate your comments about our convenient location and close proximity to Dubai’s famous landmarks such as the Burj Khalifa.

Thank you once more for your comments and I hope to see you again at our hotel.

Paris, France
Reviewed March 29, 2013

I spent 3 Days in business trip during March 2013, everything was great except those guys in reception as my stay was all cost covered by a company through travel agency, i surprised while check in to tell me that only room cost is covered but after 10 minutes of search they discovered that all expenses are covered then same situation repeated while requesting room service then solved again then when i check out at 5 am morning i had the same issue, they claimed my of the cost of meals... my God again then solved after the guy in reception searched the computer. I think those guys in reception(egyptians or lebanese) have low experience. The hotel in general great and have access to nice shopping mall.

• Stayed March 2013, traveled on business
1 Thank Aalmoayed
IHGCare, Guest Relations Manager at InterContinental Dubai Festival City, responded to this review, April 18, 2013
Dear Aalmoayed,

Thank you for posting a review of our property. I am glad that you liked our property. However, I am sorry for any confusion about the inclusions of your stay and for the unsatisfactory service you received from the desk staff. Your comments are being reviewed by the hotel's management and appropriate action will be taken. We appreciate your feedback as this is our best resource for improving guest services. We hope you give us a chance in the future to show you how great our hotel is.

Karen G.