“The BEST Intercontinental hotel”

InterContinental Dubai Festival City
Ranked #37 of 556 Hotels in Dubai
Reviewed March 30, 2013 via mobile

This hotel is located in the middle of Dubai. As the burj khaifa is like 15 mins away and as well as mall of the emirates. Also, there is the Dubai festival centre under the hotel. Also, the staff were excellent at welcoming us including sherif and job. We did not get to see the tall guy as he was on a vacation but he was the welcome embassador. The best breakfast buffet i ever went to. Overall it was an excellent experience! ( Tamer Ibrahim)

• Stayed: March 2013
IHGDFC_45777, General Manager at InterContinental Dubai Festival City, responded to this reviewResponded July 11, 2013

Dear OmarTamer,

Thank you for sharing your experience of your stay at InterContinental Hotel Dubai Festival City here on TripAdvisor.

It was a pleasure for me to read about your “excellent experience” at our hotel. I was delighted to know that our breakfast buffet was “the best breakfast buffet” you have ever gone to. I am sure our team at Anise restaurant will be extremely happy to hear about it. I appreciate your comments about our convenient location and close proximity to Dubai’s famous landmarks such as the Burj Khalifa.

Thank you once more for your comments and I hope to see you again at our hotel.

Reviewed March 29, 2013

I spent 3 Days in business trip during March 2013, everything was great except those guys in reception as my stay was all cost covered by a company through travel agency, i surprised while check in to tell me that only room cost is covered but after 10 minutes of search they discovered that all expenses are covered then same situation repeated while requesting room service then solved again then when i check out at 5 am morning i had the same issue, they claimed my of the cost of meals... my God again then solved after the guy in reception searched the computer. I think those guys in reception(egyptians or lebanese) have low experience. The hotel in general great and have access to nice shopping mall.

• Stayed: March 2013, traveled on business
1  Thank Aalmoayed
IHGCare, Guest Relations Manager at InterContinental Dubai Festival City, responded to this reviewResponded April 18, 2013

Dear Aalmoayed,

Thank you for posting a review of our property. I am glad that you liked our property. However, I am sorry for any confusion about the inclusions of your stay and for the unsatisfactory service you received from the desk staff. Your comments are being reviewed by the hotel's management and appropriate action will be taken. We appreciate your feedback as this is our best resource for improving guest services. We hope you give us a chance in the future to show you how great our hotel is.

Karen G.
Case Manager
IHGCare

Reviewed March 27, 2013

Stayed here for 7nights, this is one of the best hotel I have ever stayed. I was also upgraded being a Gold Priority Club Member. Monther & Rita the reception team made my stay very relaxed and enjoyable, nothing was too big a problem for them to solve. the Concierge team were great help very knownledgeable and willing to help. Restaurants and bar was top class food. pool side very clean and relaxing. the gym staff were very helpful and friendly. I thought Dubai will be just a one off visit for me but because of the great experience i had at this hotel I am definitely coming back. Thank you everyone at Intercontinental Dubai Festive City you all should be proud Because you are the BEST!!! x

Room Tip: corner suites are large and stunning view
  • Stayed: February 2013, traveled solo
IHGDFC_45777, General Manager at InterContinental Dubai Festival City, responded to this reviewResponded July 10, 2013

Dear HappyFace_13,

Thank you for taking the time to post such a complimentary review of your recent stay at InterContinental Dubai Festival City.

I am extremely happy to know that our hotel is one of the best ones you have ever stayed at. Our team members will be delighted to read such good feedback of their dedication towards providing our guests with the best in service. Our people always try to make the guest’s experience unforgettable, and I am indeed very pleased to know that their efforts didn't go unnoticed during your stay. It was a pleasure to read that our restaurants and bars were “top class” and that you also enjoyed our “very clean and very relaxing pool”.

Thank you once more for your review and we hope to have the opportunity of welcoming you back to our hotel soon.

Reviewed March 24, 2013

Great modern hotel, with great big bedrooms. We also happened to have a lovely view across the water but I suppose this was just luck... The spa and swimming pool area were really nice and pleasant to spend free time.
The hotel is situated within Festival City shopping mall so lots of eateries to chose from.
Not really, no complaint and highly recommended.

• Stayed: March 2013, traveled as a couple
2  Thank Reggee

Dear Reggee,

Thank you for posting such a great review of your recent stay at InterContinental Dubai Festival City here on TripAdvisor.

It was indeed a pleasure to know that you enjoyed our “great big bedroom” as well as the modernity of it. I am happy to hear, that our leisure deck with the swimming pool and spa left you very pleased as well.

We appreciate your recommendation as a hotel and really hope to welcome you once again.

Reviewed March 20, 2013

I wanted to surprise my mom for Mother's Day, and book her into a lovely hotel, with spa, pool, room service, views.... And we got all that, I let the lady know on booking it was a surprise for mom, and they upgraded us to a room with spectacular views over the skyline of Dubai. Equally impressive day and night. The pool had sun from 10am right through the day. Tip top service, great staff, and the little French restaurant was a cute little surprise. Skipping distance to Jamie's Italian, short hop to the airport, and really only 50dhrs ( less than a 10ner taxi) to the beach! Really great stay, I put average cost, as it's priced right for lux in Dubai.

• Stayed: March 2013
1  Thank Mad-Ratters

Dear Mad-Ratters,

Thank you very much for your kind review.

First of all, I am glad to note you appreciated the efforts of our staff in making you feel comfortable and special. They will be delighted to hear that your stay was made much more enjoyable as a result of their commitment to service. It is also a pleasure to read that you enjoyed the “spectacular views over the skyline of Dubai” from your room and you were pleased with our French restaurant “Bistro Madeleine”. Having a mall next to the hotel, is always appreciated by our guests, I am very happy to hear that you had a chance to visit it as well.

Reviewed March 17, 2013

Hopping by on a business trup through UAE I again visited dubai intercontinental festival hotel. Nice spacious rooms and outdoor pools with view on the Burj Khalifa tower. Especially the breakfast area I really like, with friendly staff and enormous selection of different dishes. Superb!

• Stayed: November 2012, traveled on business
IHGDFC_45777, General Manager at InterContinental Dubai Festival City, responded to this reviewResponded May 7, 2013

Dear “Micy01”,

Thank you so much for taking the time to share the experience of your recent stay at InterContinental Dubai Festival City.

I was glad to know you enjoyed the views of the Burj Khalifa from your “spacious room” and had a chance to relax on our outdoor Leisure Deck. I was particularly happy to read that you were impressed with the breakfast at Anise as well as the service provided. Your kind comments will surely be shared with the rest of the team and appreciated.

I sincerely hope to welcome you back again to the hotel, hopefully in the near future.

Best Regards,

Hotel Manager, InterContinental Dubai Festival City

Reviewed March 16, 2013

Because of travel delays into our intended trip to India, we ended up in Dubai for several days (in the middle of Ramadan). We stayed at the Intercontinental and got rooms with club level access (important at this time of the year because restaurants were closed during the day). Outstanding service with large rooms and closet space and a great bathroom. The exercise facilities and swimming pool are incredible (though the depth of the pool is shallow).

Festival City is an adequate shopping center (not as extravagant as Mall of the Emirates or Dubai Mall), and there are plenty of inexpensive taxis that will take you wherever you would like to go.

• Stayed: August 2012, traveled with family
1  Thank mollybecky

Dear “mollybecky”,

Thank you for taking the time to write a review about your recent stay at InterContinental Dubai Festival City and sharing it here on TripAdvisor.

I was happy to know that you enjoyed our “outstanding service”, the high level of comfort our rooms offered, as well as the “great bathroom facilities". I hope you have enjoyed our Club Lounge, which always provides an exceptional experience for our guests. I was also pleased to know that you were satisfied with our exercise facilities and swimming pool.

We do hope that we will have the pleasure of welcoming you back in our hotel to enjoy our highest class of service again.

Best Regards,