“Fabulous Service” 5 of 5 bubbles

Ranked #23 of 544 Hotels in Dubai
Washington, DC
“Fabulous Service”
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed January 7, 2013

I recently stayed at the InterContinental Dubai, Festival City and the service was the best I've received in Dubai. All of the staff especially Eric, Htet, and Nass were excellent in their service. They were professional, courteous, very knowledgeable, and gracious and made me feel like I was a very special guest. For me it's the service and ambience that make a wonderful stay. The hotel is ideally located, the rooms are nicely appointed, and the service in the club lounge is simply divine. I will definitely stay at the InterContinental on future trips to Dubai and will spread the word about the high caliber of service and attention once receives.

Room Tip: If you can afford it, opt for a club level room because of the amenities of the club lounge and the...
  • Stayed January 2013, traveled on business
1 Thank globetrottingdiva
IHGDFC_45777, General Manager at InterContinental Dubai Festival City, responded to this review, February 5, 2013
Dear “globetrottingdiva”,

Thank you for taking the time to write such a complimentary review about your recent stay at InterContinental Dubai Festival City.

I really enjoyed reading your review and was especially happy to know that you were impressed with the level of service and the facilities provided at the Club Lounge. Your appreciation of my team will surely encourage them to achieve higher levels of excellence. I hope to have the pleasure of welcoming you once again, hopefully in the near future.

Hotel Manager, InterContinental Dubai Festival City

Traveler tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (399)
  • Arabic first
  • Chinese (Traditional) first
  • Hebrew first
  • Korean first
  • Turkish first
Jeddah, Saudi Arabia
3 of 5 bubbles Reviewed January 7, 2013

My wife and I stayed at the Intercontinental for one night.
We were invited to a wedding at the hotel and that was why we chose to stay here.

Check-In (4/5): Was not so bad, it was a busy day and we had to wait a couple of minutes before being attended by the receptionist. We had come in early so they advised us to take a walk in the attached mall intil the room was ready. They called us soon after as the room was ready.

Room and Accessories (5/5): We chose the lowest rate to stay at, it was still quite expensive at 2,500 dirhams a night, the view was outstanding at the Khore of Dubai, room was beautiful, fully equiped with ipod speakers, all kind of outlets,iron, robes and everything.

Breakfast (0/5): we went for breakfast @ 10:00AM. They had two breakfast spots, one on the ground floor and the other below. They advised us to head towards the lower one as the other was full. The buffet was bad and most of the selections were missing. To add to that, the hotel host there came to us half through our breakfast and told us that Breakfast was not included in the room rate and I had to sign for payment! when this was not the case and I was sure about it. We stopped eating because I was not willing to pay for an overpriced bad breakfast and waited for her to double check. She never came back. I went to the hotel manager and she was cold about it and told us to wait. Finally, after chasing them around, they came and appologized for the inconvinience. We would have been better off having it elsewhere.

Personal service (1/5): The hotel staff seemed lost throughout our stay. They did not have any information about the wedding, didnt know its location, told us it was indoors when it was outdoors on a cold night, told us it was in the hotel when it was a 10minute ride away and finally didnt know where our bag was when we were picking it up for travel (6 hours after checking out).

For a one night experience, it was Bad. I'm giving it a 3 star for the room and location alone.

Room Tip: The basic room is spacy, stylish and good enough
  • Stayed December 2012, traveled as a couple
    • 2 of 5 bubbles
    • 3 of 5 bubbles
IHGCare, Guest Relations Manager at InterContinental Dubai Festival City, responded to this review, August 1, 2013
Dear AbbaRev,

Thank you for your feedback. We take our guest comments very seriously and always strive to provide comfortable and friendly accommodations. We appreciate your nice comment regarding room and amenities.

However, We’re sorry we fell below your expectation regarding customer service and breakfast experience. We will address these points. I assure you the feedback of our hotel will be reviewed and most certainly forwarded to the appropriate departments. We take the confidence our guests place in us very seriously and work diligently to rectify any unsatisfactory experiences. We hope you give us a chance in the future to show you how great our hotel is.

Orlando A.
Case Manager
IHGCare
Cairo, Egypt
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed January 6, 2013

This is really what meant to be Luxurious- The hotel have almost every single small thing you can think about. for me the negatives are the location and some individual employees actions rather than this the hotel consider from the best hotels I had ever stayed in.
To start speak the SPA is one of the best in Dubai offering many treatments. the Gym as well is very new and have every tool/machine you can think about, sauna, steam room, pool are great as well.
Rooms are lovely with Modern style.
The main resturant is excellent and whatever I wrote about it here wont be fair for it. Its not from the kind of the main hotels resturants where they put a lot if un tasty cusines just to satisty hungry customers. its a buffet yes but still they have plenty of different dishes/cusines that gives you the choice to choose from and they cooked them while you are waiting in few minutes. so they are mixing the selective items for the buffet with other different items every day for lunch, dinner.
Highly recommend restaurant for any occasion especially Thursday sea food night.

The hotel is 15-20 minutes away from Dubai mall but you have the Festival city shopping center just few minutes walking, actually you can walk from inside the hotel to the mall. you have a hyper market as well, many other stores, many restaurants on the khore side so you can stay within this area and don't leave it.
Check in and check out were fine. Prices are fine comparing to the facilities but I guess they are compensating the location since its far almost from everything except the surrounding mall.

Room Tip: The Higher the better
  • Stayed October 2012, traveled as a couple
Dear “Egyptian-Advisor”,

I am delighted to learn that you had a wonderful time during your recent stay at InterContinental Dubai Festival City and would like to thank you for taking the time to share your experience on TripAdvisor.

I am glad that you consider our hotel to be one of the best in the city and I greatly appreciate your kind words about our hotel and enjoyed reading your comments about the spa, gym facilities and your room. I was particularly delighted that you enjoyed dining at Anise and thank you for recommending the popular Thursday seafood night. Hopefully, on your next visit, you will experience dining at some of our other restaurants, including the award-winning Reflets par Pierre Gagnaire. Your encouraging feedback would be a great source of inspiration for my entire team and will be shared with them.

Thank you once for reviewing us and I certainly hope to have the pleasure of welcoming you back to our hotel in the not too distant future.

Jeddah, Saudi Arabia
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed January 6, 2013 via mobile

I stay in this hotel for two night it was my first time to stay after my friend recommendation, I can say that I am not regret to spend this two night in this nice hotel, I fully recommend any one would like to spend some time near the beach and mull where you can find whet you want.

• Stayed January 2013
Dear “WBaghdadi”,

Thank you so much for taking the time to share the experience of your recent stay at InterContinental Dubai Festival City.

I'm extremely delighted that you thoroughly enjoyed your two-night stay at our hotel and that our facilities and service met your expectations. Hopefully you had a chance to explore all the exciting restaurants and attractions around the hotel, including the many restaurants and outlets that line the shopping mall next door. Your comments will surely be shared with the team and appreciated.

Dammam, Saudi Arabia
4 of 5 bubbles Reviewed January 3, 2013

This hotel is one of the finest hotels in Dubai. It is in the festival city, on the khore of Dubai, next to so many resturants on the khore olso, next to a mall with everything you are looking for (Supermarket, Fast food, Move theater). Service in the hotel is fairly good, Clean and spacius room, and a very nice breakfast.

• Stayed December 2012, traveled solo
Dear “Zaki A”,

I really enjoyed reading your review and to see that in such few words your explanation made it clear about how much you enjoyed our hotel. I was very glad to note your appreciation of the "clean and spacious" room and the neighbouring shopping mall. Hopefully, we will once again have the opportunity of welcoming you to our hotel in the near future.

Singapore, Singapore
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed January 3, 2013

After two nights at Atlantis, three nights at Al Qasr we spent our last two nights here. We had an amazing 2 BR suite for the 5 of us that was huge with stunning views out every window! It was really nice to finally not have to pay for two sep hotel rooms. I found the price a great value compared to our other stays in Dubai, despite enjoying each of those too. It was really nice to be connected to a mall. ( I liked Festival City Mall. I loved Mall of Emirates and found Dubai Mall too crazy with too many people - but was there on a Fri nt.) . The Guest Services Manager, Ossama Nabil, took personal care of us and did a great job to ensure our stay was great! This was a great location to do our desert safari from and not far from the airport either though one would never call this an airport hotel. It is at the end of the creek at the Festival City marina; all very, very pretty! Very lovely to see the lighted streets, fountain show, buildings, marina, landscape. The views provided a nice juxtapostion in each direction. I would not hesitate to stay here again. I found great rates through booking.com The pool was actually really nice; it was too cold to use that day weather wise but I was pleasantly surprised by the pool area.

Room Tip: We loved our 2 BR corner suite on 28th! 3 bathrooms; office area; living room; spacious rooms; neat...
  • Stayed December 2012, traveled with family
    • 5 of 5 bubbles
IHGDFC_45777, General Manager at InterContinental Dubai Festival City, responded to this review, January 10, 2013
Dear “Lisa_usaexpat”,

I am glad that you enjoyed your two-night stay at our hotel and found it to be a great experience. I am also grateful to receive such positive feedback on the personal service offered by Ossama Nabil and will be sure to share your comments with him.

Thank you once again and I certainly hope that we will have the pleasure of welcoming you back to our hotel in the not too distant future.

San Jose
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed January 2, 2013

As a first time traveler to the Middle East, I can say I had an absolutely extraordinary and very positive experience and it really all started with my stay at the Intercontinental Dubai Festival City.

Upon arrival by taxi from the airport (only 5 minutes), we were greeted like royalty. Check-in was smooth as we took in the grand entryway. Breathtaking flower arrangements in the foyer were changed out at least every other day we were there, if not daily.

The rooms were beyond my expectations. A work area, super comfortable bed with individual lamps attached to the headboard facing a flat panel TV, and then a sitting area against the window. The bathroom area has a huge standing shower, with a separate bathtub tucked against the window, a vanity area and separate toilet. There are, if I recall correctly, I total of 3 closet spaces in the room. The entry to the room itself has a small area with a mirror and a lamp. It was truly miles away from any other hotel room I've ever stayed in. It felt more like a suite.

The bar area downstairs overlooks the water, and with the warm desert weather, nighttime is the perfect place to hang out here for cocktails, appetizers and listen to a band or live piano player. The upstairs bar has views of the city and has a very exclusive and VIP feel to it.

Daily breakfast at the buffet downstairs is out of sight - the service, again here, is unmatched. They bring custom blended smoothies and omelettes to your table, and you just feel at any given moment, like a VIP guest.

I took a red bus tour of Dubai that I would highly recommend. The hotel is also attached to one of the sprawling malls that the city boasts. On the other side, you can exit to the harbor and catch live music on the water, a boat dinner experience, a bazaar, and a ton of dining options including Thai and Indian. What a unique and totally awesome experience.

You can take a taxi (or the red bus tour) to the other sites in the city like the Burj Al-Arab and the Burj Khalifa, the dancing fountains, the various souks and the old markets. There is a lot to see and do in Dubai and the location of the InterContinental does not in anyway prevent you from experiencing the city in its entirety.

I would absolutely stay here again if I were to be so lucky. I enjoyed the infinity pool and service at the pool area, and also the gym. I would love to try the spa next time and the steakhouse or the French restaurant on-site. The concierge staff is absolutely incredible and our stay would not have been so wonderful without their friendly faces each day, the help they provided, and the interaction that they had with us. Stellar service. Highly recommended.

Catering and events was out of this world as well. A staff of at least 5 were manning our buffet style conference breaks offering beverages, cleaning up the area, clearing dishes, etc.

To clarify, I was here on business for the week, but extended the trip so that my boyfriend and I could take in the city in a more leisurely fashion. So my classification covers both business and couples.

• Stayed April 2012, traveled as a couple
2 Thank almaden32
IHGDFC_45777, General Manager at InterContinental Dubai Festival City, responded to this review, January 9, 2013
Dear “almaden32”,

Thank you so much for taking the time to write such a detailed and complimentary review of your recent stay at InterContinental Dubai Festival City.

It is indeed very rewarding to learn that you enjoyed so many aspects of the hotel and found the service, rooms and facilities to be "unmatched and extraordinary". Your kind comments will surely be shared with the team and appreciated, as they will find it very inspiring and encouraging.

We always strive to ensure complete guest satisfaction at InterContinental Dubai Festival City, and it is rewarding to learn it has been achieved on this occasion. We definitely look forward to the opportunity of once again welcoming you to the hotel.