“Truly majestic!”

Ranked #27 of 545 Hotels in Dubai
Mackay, Australia
“Truly majestic!”
Reviewed July 6, 2012

An intercontinental in true sense, we have stayed in quite a few hotels at different locations of similar class but this was clearly the best we have come across. As far as food is concerned do not look anywhere else you have literally everything on the menu card and it gets served in no time without much wait. Staff was incomparable courteous and polite, no doubt services were spotless and prompt. Rooms were very spacious with decent space to sit and even work, even bathrooms were very well designed divided into two sections one for shower and another for dressing. Entire hotel is so elegantly designed and is located at magnificent location which provides wonderful views of the creek. For those who want to explore the city and other places it is very convenient for them too. This place is perfectly suitable for all types of guests and classy hotel which lives up to its name. Highly recommendable!

• Stayed March 2012, traveled as a couple
IHGDFC_45777, General Manager at InterContinental Dubai Festival City, responded to this review, July 23, 2012
Dear “Jaco Z”,

It was very pleasing to know that you had an enjoyable stay at InterContinental Dubai Festival City. Thank you so much for sharing your review on TripAdvisor.

I am very glad that you decided to choose our hotel during your visit to Dubai and greatly appreciate your kind words about the hotel, in particular your appreciation of our "polite and courteous" colleagues. I was also pleased that you enjoyed the spacious rooms and found our location to be very convenient.

Thank you once again for recommending us on TripAdvisor. I look forward to the opportunity of welcoming you back to the hotel on your next visit.

Hotel Manager, InterContinental Dubai Festival City

Traveler tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (412)
  • Arabic first
  • Chinese (Traditional) first
  • Hebrew first
  • Korean first
  • Turkish first
Hyderabad, India
Reviewed June 24, 2012

The rooms are spacious with an ok decor.. service is truly splendid. Just a hop away from the festive centre mall through the interconnectivity... And the bar at the top floor has beautiful views... Over all a good experince...

• Stayed June 2012
Dear “revanth”,

Thank you for taking the time to share your experience of your recent stay at InterContinental Dubai Festival City on TripAdvisor.

It is very satisfying to know that you valued the connectivity that the hotel had to offer with the neighbouring Festival Centre shopping mall and that you appreciated the “excellent service” provided by my colleagues. Rest assured your compliments will be shared with them and appreciated.

Thank you once again and I hope to have the opportunity of welcoming you back on your next stay at our hotel.

Ireland
Reviewed June 23, 2012

Myself and my husband stayed at the Intercontinental for 5 nights. The service levels throughout the hotel are exceptional. Check-in was fast and efficient and we were offered an upgrade which is always nice even when you aren't yet a loyal customer!
This was our first time staying in an Intercontinental and I will certainly be looking at other IC's in future locations.
The hotel is beautifully decorated - its understated and elegant, which is in stark contrast to some hotels in Dubai.
Our room had a fantastic view over the creek and had an incredibly comfortable bed. Our room was really spacious with plenty of storage, sitting areas and work space if you need it. There is a good selection of tv channels - not that we watched much TV but its good if you want to relax before dinner.
The bathroom is divided into two sections - a wet room where the shower/bath is positioned and the sink/dressing area. The shower is great!
There is direct access from the hotel to the Festival City Shopping Mall. This is one of the newest Malls in Dubai and has everything from a great range of restaurants and shops to a cinema and an adults only games room which was fun.
We also played golf in Al Badia (only 5 mins drive) which is owned by the hotel. They offer a free shuttle service to the course and will collect you after your round. The course was in fantastic condition and again all the staff were very friendly and helpful.
I have nothing negative to say about this hotel but without doubt the most amazing aspect of our stay was the breakfast in Anise. Having stayed in many hotels around the world Anise offered the most incredible selection of dishes I have ever seen. There was literally anything you can think of - any type of eggs, pancakes, various breads (all freshly baked every morning) , smoked salmon, Morrocan dishes, local Arabian dishes, Sushi....the list is endless and everything is delicious!
We thoroughly enjoyed our stay in the ICH Festival City and we will definitely be returning in the VERY near future!

Room Tip: Ask for one with a view of the Creek.
  • Stayed June 2012, traveled as a couple
Dear "Ripple07",

Thank you for taking the time to write such a complimentary and detailed review about your recent stay at InterContinental Dubai Festival City on TripAdvisor.

I was delighted to read your review and to know there were so many aspects of the hotel that you enjoyed, right from "exceptional level of service" and "beautiful decoration" to the "fantastic views" from the room and the comfortable bathrooms. It was also pleasing to know you had the opportunity of playing at our championship golf course and also visited the neighbouring Festival Centre shopping mall. Additionally, I found great pleasure in reading your description of the breakfast at Anise and was happy that you found it to be among the best.

Our guests’ complete satisfaction is our main goal at InterContinental Dubai Festival City and it is indeed rewarding to learn that it has been achieved on this occasion. We certainly look forward to welcoming you back to our hotel in the near future.

Stirling, United Kingdom
Reviewed June 18, 2012

What an amazing hotel!
service and check in we're outstanding, not the fastest, but pretty excellent. I was appointed a two bed suite on the 23rd floor, with a creek view. The room is simply massive! It took me 5 minutes to find the bedroom, and the toilet!

Views are stunning, and the extra paid for a Creek View is definitely worth it.

Air conditioning is outstanding and chills the roomer factory.

Excellent range of toiletries, from Elemenis. Lots of work space too. Plenty of wardrobe room.

Next door is a well appointed mall with plenty of eateries and shops, but quite far from downtown Dubai. It is however close to the airport - perfect for those on a stopover, or who need to be near the terminal.

Room Tip: Creek view if it is important for you to have a nice lookout. Pay for a better room, it's worth...
  • Stayed June 2012, traveled on business
Dear “Clareandken”,

I am delighted to know that you had such an amazing time during your recent stay at InterContinental Dubai Festival City. Thank you for taking the time out to write this review on TripAdvisor.

It was pleasing to note that you enjoyed various aspects of the hotel, especially the view from your creek view room. I’m quite sure the team would be happy to know that you were pleased with the service provided and will endeavor to pass on your compliments to them.

Our guest’s complete satisfaction is our main goal at InterContinental Dubai Festival City and I am glad that it has been achieved on this occasion. We look forward to the opportunity of welcoming you back to our hotel in the near future.

Manama, Bahrain
Reviewed June 17, 2012

I have loved the location of Festival City since last year, and I have stayed at the next door hotel (Crowne Plaza) twice last year. But this time when I decided to stay at the Intercontinental, I was amazed with it. The hotel staff were very friendly and the room was very nice. I was given a pool view (attached) and the overall furniture was very nice. Mostly I liked how the bathroom was set, and I loved the sliding doors idea so much. I am aware that there are no perfect hotels, and this one had these minor faults but it should not prevent anyone from staying at the Intercon. First thing was the furniture. It is starting to wear out and the hotel has to do something about it. I have attached a picture of the base of the bed, where the leather has peeled off. The second thing was the lighting. The lighting of the rooms was not very good, specially when I found out that the lamp at the entrance of the room was not working for some reason. Finally, the access card. Being a Priority Club guest, I was allowed to check out at 2pm. Although the reception was aware of it, when I tried to get into my room at 1:30, my card was deactivated and I had to go back and forth twice for this problem to be solved.

My overall rating is 4 because of the minor faults, as for the hotel, it is a very nice hotel and I'll make sure I stay there again in the future.

• Stayed June 2012, traveled with family
1 Thank Janahi
, General Manager at InterContinental Dubai Festival City, responded to this review, July 5, 2012
Dear "Janahi",

I am delighted to learn that you had a wonderful time during your recent stay at InterContinental Dubai Festival City and would like to thank you for taking the time to share your experience on TripAdvisor.
I greatly appreciate your kind words about our hotel and also enjoyed reading your comments about the "friendly staff" and the bathroom design.

I was however disappointed to read about the experience you faced with the furniture and lighting. Please be assured that we are in the process of making changes to the beds and the necessary corrective actions will be taken. Thank you for bringing this to our attention, it is only through feedback that we can improve our service.

Thank you once again for choosing our hotel and I certainly hope that we will have the pleasure of welcoming you back in the not too distant future.

Brooklyn, New York
Reviewed June 17, 2012

I stayed in room 1821 in February 2012. The hotel features breath-taking views, free WiFi throughout the grounds. Convenient access to most tourist attractions and shared accommodations with the Crowne Plaza hotel. The Hard Rock Cafe is within walking distance as are many restaurants. Added feature: the hotel is also connected to a huge shopping plaza that is open very late at night!

Room Tip: Travel tip: join the InterContinental Hotel Ambassador club. For $200 per year, you receive free upg...
  • Stayed February 2012, traveled solo
Dear “LisaCorone”,

Thank you for taking the time to write a review about your recent stay at InterContinental Dubai Festival City.

I really enjoyed reading your review and to see that in such few words your explanation made it clear about how much you enjoyed our hotel. I was very glad to note you enjoyed the "breathtaking views" from your room and appreciated the convenience of the hotel to many of Dubai's attractions. Hopefully, we will once again have the opportunity of welcoming you to our hotel in the near future.

Reviewed June 15, 2012 via mobile

Went there for bussiness, they have great conference centre, nice view at the marina and lies there dubai festival city very nice mall centre you have all what you want to buy all on foot.
Recommended

• Stayed February 2012
Dear "blasi_ahmed",

I am delighted to learn that you had a wonderful time during your recent stay at InterContinental Dubai Festival City and would like to thank you for taking the time to share your experience here on TripAdvisor.

I am glad you found the location of the hotel convenient and also commended our Events Centre. It was also particularly pleasing to know that you had the opportunity of visiting the neighbouring Festival Centre mall and enjoyed the views of the city skyline from the marina. We do look forward to the opportunity of once again welcoming you back to our hotel.