“Check in - Very Disappointing”

Ranked #121 of 561 Hotels in Dubai
Reviewed January 11, 2014

I had booked this hotel through their Direct website for a preferred Room . I did not want to take the risk for a early check in request by morning 4:00 A.M, So had booked the prior night also only for the convenience that we could just check in & get some sleep after a tiring late night travel with my 2 children. When I checked in by morning 4.00 A.M , reception staffs were searching for a room to be allocated. I had booked for a king bed Preferred Room from 11.01.14 to 15.01.14, where they allocated a downgraded Classic room with twin beds without informing me, Went down to the reception again , asked why they are giving a twin bedded room when I had booked a king bed, there was no reply and again they started searching for rooms and allocated a classic room & informed that amenities would be added in the room & that was the only difference between a classic room and a preferred room. When we refused to accept & got very annoyed they gave a corner room called a studio room, no view on the road side and a cramped window with a pillar in the centre obstruction. The windows were not as per their description in the website as floor to ceiling windows. Beds were not four comfort bed , as they are standard king size beds only. Totally not as per the standards of Sheraton and star wood. The attitude of the reception staff was not at all acceptable on giving a downgraded room against the confirmed reservation. We had to wait for nearly an hour before we could be allocated the room which is not at all correct as my room should have been ready for me from 12 noon of 11.01.14 itself, whereas I came to the hotel only in the early hours of 12.01.14 & still it was not ready for me, where the reservation was confirmed with the credit card guarantee.

Room Tip: Get it confirmed by seeing the room , whether the reserved category of the room is given to you.
Stayed: January 2014, traveled with family
1  Thank K S
FourPointsDubai, Manager at Four Points by Sheraton Downtown Dubai, responded to this reviewResponded January 15, 2014

Hi Kanagasabai P,

Thank you for sharing your feedback with us.

We regret the inconvenience you faced.

I believe our Front Office Manager has already been in touch with you regarding your grievances.

Should you have any further queries or concerns, please do not hesitate to contact him.

We hope you a have a productive stay in Dubai.

Four Points by Sheraton Downtown Dubai

Write a ReviewReviews (1,630)

Reviewed January 10, 2014

Rooms are awesome, if you like indian food...karama restaurants are just 5 mins away.

Take higher floor rooms if possible, also become a member of sheraton hotels before checking in, it could increase your probability of getting upgraded.

• Stayed: December 2013
FourPointsDubai, Manager at Four Points by Sheraton Downtown Dubai, responded to this reviewResponded January 12, 2014

Hi yashjhaveri1,

Many thanks for the wonderful review.

We look forward to welcoming you again.

Reviewed January 9, 2014

My friend and me really enjoyed our stay at this hotel. The service was great, we were very satisfied with our room and all features, including the toilet and the shower. The beds were very comfortable and I really liked that they offered a "green" option for cleaning - you could decide not to have your room cleaned at all and get 25% off one beverage you purchased from the room or the bar.
I personally really liked the location, a cheap supermarket is just a five minutes walk away and within ten minutes you could reach a metro station. Also it was just about a 20-30 minutes walk to get to the Bastakia Quarter and the Creek.

• Stayed: January 2014, traveled with friends

Hi ms_moemoe,

We are delighted to read that you enjoyed your stay with us.

We hope to welcome you back soon.

Reviewed January 6, 2014 via mobile

Arrived around 11pm dubai time but 3am hongkong time. We were very tired and sleepy. Reservation was for triple with extra bed. But on arrival we had to request and follow up on that bed. The occupants in the other room were too tired to follow up didn't get it and was forced to sleep uncomfortably on one big bed. And needed to follow up again the next day. Very bad service. If the reservation is for triple they should have put up the bed before arrival esp. If arriving late. The guests came from long flights and was looking forward to a goodnights rest. And the location is in the middle of nowhere. Tried to walk to a mc donalds or kfc but realized it was too far to walk. Ended up eating at the hotel's restaurant.

• Stayed: December 2013
1  Thank ginatan
FourPointsDubai, Manager at Four Points by Sheraton Downtown Dubai, responded to this reviewResponded January 9, 2014

Hi ginatan,

Please accept my sincere apologies for the inconvenience you faced during your stay with us.

We take pride in ensuring our guests satisfaction at all times, however on this occasion I regret to hear that we have not been able to fully satisfy all of your expectations following your stay.

Lastly, I would like to take this opportunity to thank you for your valuable feedback which gives us a chance to enhance our product & service quality.

Reviewed December 31, 2013 via mobile

The hotel it modern and clean but I'm giving it 2 stars due to the water heater. It's a major issue if you have a family.

I took a 12 minute shower in the morning, when my wife tried to take a shower herself, the hot water ran out.
I got upset and called the front desk... They sent engineering to check it out and they guy said. "You can't take conservative showers, you have 20-30 mins between showers" I have to wait for the water heater to heat up the water again.
I found that extremely inconvenient, especially when there are 4 people trying to take showers.
I feel like I should be able to to take conservative showers in a 4 star hotel considering the high price I paid.

Stayed: December 2013, traveled with family
FourPointsDubai, Manager at Four Points by Sheraton Downtown Dubai, responded to this reviewResponded January 2, 2014

Hi trainaholic,

Thank you for writing a review for our Hotel. Please accept my sincere apologies for inconvenience caused by the the water issue.

Needless to say, the matter has been taken up with our Engineering department.

I hope you enjoyed your trip to Dubai.

Reviewed December 30, 2013

I worked out I have stayed at more than 35 SPG hotels so have some ability to deliver a qualified comment.
Restaurant is ok, food quality is fine, the room is a bit dark and could do with a mini makeover. The front part for the businessman breakfast is light and airy so sit there.
Pool is ok, suffers a bit for the wind but on a hot day is rather refreshing
Gym is good and gear was all in working order
Location is a little out of the way but the price is cheap so get over it and use a taxi. Take the yellow taxis as they are cheaper
Coffee shop makes good coffee
The Christmas buffet was a delight and our boys enjoyed this aspect.
The room was clean, to at easy able standard and be enough to spend time in (although we were out most of the time)
Remember to take a hotel card with you as the taxi drivers don't always know which Sheraton you are in given there are so many of them.
All in all it's a reasonable hotel and we would stay again.

• Stayed: December 2013, traveled with family
FourPointsDubai, Manager at Four Points by Sheraton Downtown Dubai, responded to this reviewResponded December 31, 2013

Hi Kiwi P,

Many thanks for this wonderful review.
I am glad you enjoyed our Christmas Buffet.

We would love to have you come stay with us again.

Reviewed December 30, 2013

I was looking for a hotel in Dubai over the festive season 2013 and it appeared most were full, I came across this Hotel, the price was great the reviews we good to so I decided on it. No regrets what so ever, it's down town but in a very quiet area that you will not realize you are in Bur Dubai. The Hotel was spotless, the staff very helpful, the rooms spacious and it was easily accessible from anywhere in Dubai. the Gym was cozy and the rooftop swimming pool was priceless. I would definitely stay at this cute hotel again.

Stayed: December 2013, traveled with family

Hi Kafula M,

Thank you for the wonderful feedback.

We would be delighted to have you stay with us again.