My husband and I stayed at the Four Points by Sheraton Downtown Dubai, for 3 nights to break the journey up from Bali to England. The room was very clean, a good size with a very comfortable bed, nice seating area and good storage. The iron and ironing board came in handy at the end of a multi centre trip.
Our bathroom seemed to be equipped for anyone with disabilities, with a fold down seat in the walk-in shower and lots of grab rails. My only gripe with the bathroom is that it had one of those half doors on the shower and the water went everywhere. We ended up making a 'path' with towels to soak it up and prevent slipping.
We had booked to include breakfast. The breakfast area isn't the largest but there was a fair choice. You could order eggs, omelettes etc. There was even a couple of Indian breakfast options, which were really tasty.
We had a little look at the rooftop pool which looked okay, but even in May I would have found it far too hot to sit around. The beach is a lot cooler.
We used the nearby Al Fahidi metro stop (only 10 mins walk away) quite a bit for getting around and purchased a Silver No. 1 Card, which you can use on the trains and the buses.
There's a small mini market around the side of the hotel, but if you walk towards the metro stop, there's a larger Spinneys supermarket which is a lot bigger. We bought a cooked chicken, bread and salad one day, after a long day of sightseeing and had a little picnic in our room! Washed down with beers we had bought at the large duty free at the airport on arrival.
This hotel is not centrally located for Jumeira Beach, Burj Khalifa etc, but I preferred this location, closer to the creek and the Dubai Museum, it feels more authentic. We found Dubai to be quite disjointed anyway, there seems to be clusters of attractions etc then big gaps of nothing in between. Even when you get a metro to the Dubai Mall there's a long walk between the metro stop and the entrance to the Mall.
We had a very early flight to catch on the way home and the reception staff were happy to arrange a breakfast-to-go for a specific time and it was ready and waiting on our departure.
- Official Description (provided by the hotel):
- A four star property located in Bur Dubai which features 250 guest rooms and suites with 3 restaurants including a pub. It is only a few minutes walk from major shopping centers, the old souks, Dubai Museum and Dubai Metro. Provides free bus shuttle to beach & major shopping malls. ... more less
- Reservation Options:
- TripAdvisor is proud to partner with Booking.com, Agoda, Expedia, Travelocity, Hotels.com, getaroom.com, TripOnline SA, Hotwire, Orbitz, Cancelon and HotelQuickly so you can book your Four Points by Sheraton Downtown Dubai reservations with confidence. We help millions of travelers each month to find the perfect hotel for both vacation and business trips, always with the best discounts and special offers.
- Also Known As:
- Four Points By Sheraton Downtown Dubai Hotel Dubai
- 4 Points By Sheraton Downtown Dubai
- Four Points Downtown Dubai
- Four Points Dubai
- Sheraton Dubai
- Dubai Sheraton
- Dubai Four Points