“Clean, spacious and comfortable”

Ranked #124 of 561 Hotels in Dubai
Reviewed July 29, 2013

My husband and I stayed at the Four Points by Sheraton Downtown Dubai, for 3 nights to break the journey up from Bali to England. The room was very clean, a good size with a very comfortable bed, nice seating area and good storage. The iron and ironing board came in handy at the end of a multi centre trip.

Our bathroom seemed to be equipped for anyone with disabilities, with a fold down seat in the walk-in shower and lots of grab rails. My only gripe with the bathroom is that it had one of those half doors on the shower and the water went everywhere. We ended up making a 'path' with towels to soak it up and prevent slipping.

We had booked to include breakfast. The breakfast area isn't the largest but there was a fair choice. You could order eggs, omelettes etc. There was even a couple of Indian breakfast options, which were really tasty.

We had a little look at the rooftop pool which looked okay, but even in May I would have found it far too hot to sit around. The beach is a lot cooler.

We used the nearby Al Fahidi metro stop (only 10 mins walk away) quite a bit for getting around and purchased a Silver No. 1 Card, which you can use on the trains and the buses.

There's a small mini market around the side of the hotel, but if you walk towards the metro stop, there's a larger Spinneys supermarket which is a lot bigger. We bought a cooked chicken, bread and salad one day, after a long day of sightseeing and had a little picnic in our room! Washed down with beers we had bought at the large duty free at the airport on arrival.

This hotel is not centrally located for Jumeira Beach, Burj Khalifa etc, but I preferred this location, closer to the creek and the Dubai Museum, it feels more authentic. We found Dubai to be quite disjointed anyway, there seems to be clusters of attractions etc then big gaps of nothing in between. Even when you get a metro to the Dubai Mall there's a long walk between the metro stop and the entrance to the Mall.

We had a very early flight to catch on the way home and the reception staff were happy to arrange a breakfast-to-go for a specific time and it was ready and waiting on our departure.

• Stayed: May 2013, traveled as a couple
1  Thank LargoGarbo
FourPointsDubai, Manager at Four Points by Sheraton Downtown Dubai, responded to this reviewResponded August 5, 2013

Dear LargoGarbo,

Greetings from the Four Points by Sheraton Downtown Dubai.

I am pleased to read that we were able to make your stay so comfortable. With regards to your positive comment on our breakfast, we always strive to meet the needs of our international travelers such as yourself by providing them with their preferred breakfast choices.

With regards to your comment on our location, I would like to mention that we provide shuttles to Dubai Mall and Jumeirah Beach Park on a regular basis.

Thank you very much for taking time to write such a detailed and positive review of your stay and we are looking forward to welcoming you back soon again.

Four Points by Sheraton Downtown

Write a ReviewReviews (1,573)

Reviewed July 23, 2013

Staff at this motel provide A1 customer service, nothing is a trouble to them. Motel is clean and nice modern rooms. Taxi are cheap in Dubai or you can book a hop on hop off bus at reception. We really enjoyed visiting Dubai. Desert Safari with Arabian Adventures is a must if you visit Dubai. Food at breakfast was great and we also ate lunch there as well.

Stayed: July 2013, traveled as a couple
1  Thank Grub M

Dear GrubM,

Greetings from the Four Points by Sheraton Downtown Dubai.

Thank you very much for your nice comments about our staff and the cleanliness of our rooms. In particular I am happy that you have enjoyed our various dining options.

We look forward to welcoming you back hopefully very soon.

Reviewed July 10, 2013

We stayed for 2 nights in a Classic Room as our Dubai stopover enroute to Asia - great rooms, good breakfast selection (we are non-meaters) and about 10-12 mins walk to the Metro which will take you all over the city - a fantastic way to travel - cheap, very clean and a regular service (they will refund any unused money on your plastic card too!)
Only negative is that free Wi-Fi is only available in the Reception - very unusual for this part of the world.
Enjoyed a great Indian meal next to the hotel (out of the main door turn right and first right again)
Loved Dubai and its people - book your trip up the Burj Khalifa in advance on-line to beat the queues and pay less - can recommend the boat rib trip to Palm Island etc too

• Stayed: January 2013, traveled as a couple
FourPointsDubai, Manager at Four Points by Sheraton Downtown Dubai, responded to this reviewResponded July 16, 2013

Dear Jan B,

Thank you for your wonderful review. I am pleased that you enjoyed your short stay with us and that our facilities were to your liking. Dubai is a fantastic city and I hope you'll have the opportunity to explore more of it during your next stay.

With regards to the WIFI issue, I am happy to inform you that we now have WIFI access in all rooms as well as all public areas to make sure you stay connected at all times.

I hope you'll choose us once more on your next visit and hope you enjoy Dubai even more.

Reviewed July 7, 2013

Once again my stay at Four points was excellent. I have stayed at this hotel several times and it has never disappointed me. The rooms are large, very clean and the service from staff excellent.
The hotel restaurant has a very good buffet breakfast and the buffet dinners at the hotel are also very good in both quality and price. Taxis are cheap and always outside the hotel making travelling around Dubai easy. The Hotel also offers a twice daily free shuttle service to Dubai mall and to beach area. Would definitely recommend this hotel for both value and service.

• Stayed: June 2013, traveled with friends

Dear Annette P,

Thank you for taking the time to review our hotel during your stay. It pleases me to see that you are a satisfied repeat guest and that our hotel and services meet your expectations each time. It is wonderful guests such as yourself that make it a joy to be part of such a great property and wonderful team.

I hope you'll be returning soon.

Reviewed July 1, 2013

Excellent hotel by all standards... the rooms are quite big , the buffet excellent. more importantly very good staff. There was this young lady called Swarma working at the breakfast buffet... very professional and helpful. would recommend this hotel for anybody visiting Dubai.

• Stayed: June 2013, traveled on business

Dear Faisal M.

Thank you for your great review.

I am pleased to see that you enjoyed your stay with us and particularly enjoyed our buffet breakfast. I will be sure to pass on your thanks to Swarma and hope that you'll be returning soon.

Reviewed June 13, 2013

Given that it tends to be very hard to find good value hotels in Dubai that are also clean and modern, I would highly recommend this hotel.
On the plus side - the rooms are very big, with modern furniture, professional management and staff and a very good gym. The location is indeed not the best, but taxis are cheap and it is well located between the airport and the Sheikh Zayed road so even that is not too bad.

I guess the fact that I stayed here whenever I had to pay for my own stays in Dubai, is probably the best endorsement. Would I consider returning if ever my travels bring me back to Dubai - absolutely!

• Stayed: July 2012, traveled on business
FourPointsDubai, Manager at Four Points by Sheraton Downtown Dubai, responded to this reviewResponded July 1, 2013

Dear tsommen,

Greetings from the Four Points by Sheraton Downtown Dubai.

I am very happy that you keep coming back to us. Further I would like to add that we also provide free shuttle service to Dubai Mall and Jumeirah Beach which also helps to move around in the city.

Thank you for your review and already looking forward to welcoming you back very soon.

Reviewed June 11, 2013

been there with my husband who went on a business trip, the hotel is very clean, the buffet was very good, the rooms are spacious and luxurious, the staff are friendly and helpful.
but the hotel is kinda far from all the main sight seeings, and from el sheikh zayed road. specially when you're out at the rush hour.
i had a 4 month old baby and i was worried about all the preparations and the stroller and all this, but everything was facilitated , we got a nice clean cot from the hotel, and the elevators were spacious enough to contain people And my big stroller.

• Stayed: January 2013, traveled with family
1  Thank koki294201

Dear koki294201,

Greetings from the Four Points by Sheraton Downtown Dubai.

Thank you very much for your nice comments on our rooms and staff. I am also pleased to read that you and your baby have been very well looked after.

Thank you for taking time to write this review and we are already looking forward to welcoming you back very soon again.