“Wonderfully property , thanks for everything”

Four Points by Sheraton Downtown Dubai
Ranked #127 of 540 Hotels in Dubai
Zaporizhzhya, Ukraine
“Wonderfully property , thanks for everything”
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed March 22, 2013

I stayed at four points 5 days celebrating my girl friend birthday, the hotel amazing , service more than expected , reception staff very helpfull and F&B operation Staff excellent and very helpfull , I highly recommend and suggest the hotel, located in city center 8 minutes from sheikh zayed road and near old market, lobby bar with wide selection of drinks , nice view from swimming pool , all overall wonderfull stay ! I really thanks full F&B Manager for delicious cake . I will be back soon , well done for all staff . Thanks Anthony :)))))

Room Tip: My room was 733', thanks for everything
  • Stayed March 2013, traveled as a couple
1 Thank Htoufeily
FourPointsDubai, Manager at Four Points by Sheraton Downtown Dubai, responded to this review, March 25, 2013
Dear Htoufeily,

Greetings from the Four Points by Sheraton Downtown Dubai.

I am very happy to read that you have enjoyed your stay with us. It was certainly a pleasure meeting you and I would like to wish you all the best for your future.

I will pass you comments on to the team and hopefully you will be back to Dubai some time soon.

Four Points by Sheraton Downtown

Traveler tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (171)
  • Arabic first
  • Czech first
  • Finnish first
  • Greek first
  • Polish first
  • Turkish first
Kuala Lumpur, Malaysia
4 of 5 bubbles Reviewed March 20, 2013

the place is adequately close to the airport.
there's a mart in the lane right next to the hotel, it stays open 24 hours so u dont have to go far to get stuff you'l need.
I loved the bed. the pillows were amazing. like pearly cotton clouds. and there arent just two for a king sized bed, there are around 6 per bed if im not mistaken.
you can catch a taxi nearby. there's a metro station around 10 min walk away. if u call housekeeping they usually turn up in a couple of minutes.
It was a family trip, 3 couples of different ages + 2 kids.
Dont be put off by the apparently unwelcoming reception guy/girl that iv read about in earlier reviews. He's a nice guy, prob overworked at times.
Do try the sweets on the reception counter !

• Stayed December 2012, traveled with family
1 Thank mirha
Dear Mirha,

Greetings from the Four Points by Sheraton Downtown Dubai.

Thank you very much for your nice comments on our facilities and location.

One of our brand standards is to provide “Four comfort beds” and I am glad that you enjoyed it.

I certainly will share your positive feedback with the housekeeping team.

With regards to your comment on our front office staff, we are training our staff on a regular basis in order to provide them with skills needed to cope also with busy periods.

Thanks for taking time to write this review and I hope we will be able to welcome you back very soon again.

Birmingham, United Kingdom
1 of 5 bubbles Reviewed March 19, 2013

I had several issues during my stay. I raised some of them during my stay but problems continued. I left a letter for the Manager before I checked out, specifically asking him to email the response. To date I have NOT had a response. This should demonstrate how highly customer service is valued by the hotel management team.

Pool is tiny, water is so icy cold you cannot get into the pool, feels like -5 degrees.
Toiletries not replaced daily, you have to ask for shampoo/bodywash.
Staff at front deas & concierge will give you conflicting information which also changes on a daily basis. I wanted to buy tickets for a match and finally I got some accurate info from a taxi driver. All info given by hotel was useless.

Given that Dubai has hundreds of other 4 star hotels, I would definitely not recommend this one.

• Stayed April 2012, traveled as a couple
3 Thank kim3312
Dear kim3312,

Greetings from the Four Points by Sheraton Downtown Dubai.

I am sorry to read that you were not happy with your stay and that your concerns were not passed on to me.

I am aware that you must have a busy schedule. Nevertheless, I would like to ask you to get in contact with me directly on Gregor.kiefer@fourpoints.com to discuss your concerns further.

Thank you very much in advance and I am looking forward to hear from you soon.

vadodara
4 of 5 bubbles Reviewed March 15, 2013

I have stayed in this hotel last Christmas . It was a family vacation and rooms were good and big as with had kids with us. They have a nice swimming pool at roof top with a separate kid pool .
This hotel is located in a nice location and close to few shopping mall and nice Indian restaurants.
They have a nice pub with good music.

• Stayed December 2012, traveled with family
2 Thank nishant77
FourPointsDubai, Manager at Four Points by Sheraton Downtown Dubai, responded to this review, March 21, 2013
Dear nishant77,

Greetings from the Four Points by Sheraton Downtown Dubai.

Thank you very much for visiting us again. It is nice to read that you appreciate our spacious rooms and our pool facilities.

We are definitely looking forward to welcoming you back hopefully soon for a third time.

Denver
4 of 5 bubbles Reviewed March 15, 2013

I stayed in this hotel after staying with five stars hotels and felt that it is not worth it.
During my last business trip to Dubai I decided to give it a try one more time. I really enjoyed my stay this time. The hotel is very clean. The staff are very friendly and helpful. The front desk can be slow sometime (management need to pay attention to that and add staff to help move customers).
It is not fancy by any mean. But it is home away from home. Nice breakfast area, nice Gym and small pool deck and pool, free parking in basement. Not ideal if you don't have a car

Room Tip: Ask for higher floors if you get the street side room. The street gets noisy at night
  • Stayed March 2013, traveled on business
2 Thank notsohappyDenver
Dear notsohappyDenver

Greetings from the Four Points by Sheraton Downtown Dubai.

Thank you very much for the kind comments about our facilities and our staff.

I am very pleased that we were able to create your “home away from home”.

With regards to your comments on our reception manning we will be looking into this in order to be able to tackle more efficient peak times.

Thanks again for your valuable feedback and we are looking forward to welcoming you again.

San Juan Cosala, Mexico
4 of 5 bubbles Reviewed March 14, 2013

This was my first stay at this property. Ever since the Sondos Suites at City Centre left SPG, I have been trying to find a reasonably-priced alternative I could easily reach from the airport by Metro. The Four Points Downtown promised to be such a property, so I decided to give it a try. Getting to Al Fahidi Station (closest to the hotel) was quick although it does require a transfer to the Green Line at Bur Juman, and the walk from the station with 2 bags took about 10 minutes. The front desk staff recognized my platinum status and gave me a well-appointed, extremely spacious room. As I was only there over night, I didn't really have a chance to sample any of the facilities except the restaurant, which offered an ample breakfast with sufficient variety. Although the hotel is in a mostly residential neighborhood, its proximity to the Metro and it's shuttle service to Dubai Mall make it an inviting and well-situated choice for those in Dubai for business or leisure. I'd definitely stay again.

• Stayed February 2013, traveled on business
2 Thank Musqat
Dear Musqat

Greetings from the Four Points by Sheraton Downtown Dubai.

I am happy that we could gain you as our guest after El Sondos Suites is no longer part of Starwood Hotels and Resorts and that you have enjoyed your first stay in our hotel. We always try to honor the benefits our SPG guests are expecting.

We hope you will become a regular guest at Four Points by Sheraton Downtown and we are looking forward to welcome you back again hopefully soon.

Gurugram (Gurgaon), India
4 of 5 bubbles Reviewed March 14, 2013

Excellent location. Very central. Close to lots of shopping options in Burjuman mall and Meena Bazaar etc. Just 15-20 minutes from Dubai Mall.
The rooms were fantastic. We had 2 classic rooms and 1 suite. While the suite was obviously spacious, we found the rooms large, comfortable and very well appointed.
In addition to the bedroom, the suite had a dining area, lounge, small kitchen (including a washing machine!) and even a baggage holding area. Since we were on a family vacation, we spent most of our time in the lounge area. The kitchen is very basic and we weren't familiar with the hot plate system. So the hotel was nice enough to send us a microwave!
We didn't care much about the restaurant in the hotel although their in room dining was very good. There are plenty of restaurants nearby and even a 24 hours supermarket. There's even a small massage place in the hotel. Reasonable and nice.
This was a great place to stay right from the reception to the rooms to the check out. Everything went smoothly.

• Stayed February 2013, traveled with family
Dear MegRathee,

Greetings from the Four Points by Sheraton Downtown Dubai.

Thank you very much for the kind comments about our facilities and our staff.

It is always a pleasure for us to read when our guests had a memorable stay. We are hoping that you will choose to stay with us again next time when you are in Dubai.