“Excellent service, 5 star performance”

Golden Tulip Al Barsha
Ranked #339 of 561 Hotels in Dubai
Reviewed August 17, 2011

My sister, her daughter and I spent 10 days at Golden tulip and the service was excellent, the hotel management were super responsive. Restuarant manager was very friendly.

• Stayed: August 2011
GoldenTulipGM, General Manager at Golden Tulip Al Barsha, responded to this reviewResponded August 20, 2011

Dear Adeluck,

Let me take this opportunity to thank you for staying with us during your recent visit to Dubai. Also, I like to thank you for sharing your review and comment about your stay with us. I am delighted to learn that you have enjoyed your stay and hope to be able to welcome you back in Golden Tulip Al Barsha at your next visit to Dubai.

Reviewed August 11, 2011

The hotel is clean with close location to Mall of the Emirates and to the Metro Station.
The food is normal standard. Hotel stuff is friendly and helpful.

The room was small but there are a lot amenities and it was fine.

I had no chance to try the pool or the Gym but they looked clean and well maintained.

Excellent value for money.

Room Tip: High floor rooms
  • Stayed: June 2011, traveled on business
2  Thank Mohi_Khater
GoldenTulipGM, General Manager at Golden Tulip Al Barsha, responded to this reviewResponded August 12, 2011

Dear Mohi_Khater,

I like to thank you for staying with us and for taking the time to share your comments about your stay on Tripadvisor.

We are delighted to learn that you feel that our hotel is 'excellent value for money' and hope to be able to welcoming you in our hotel again in the future.

Reviewed August 4, 2011

First of all, the hotel is good and not too bad, but once you access the lift you feel like you are in oven, they should work on A/C. Rooms are nice and the prices are reasonable. One problem is that the hotel has a problem with the internet!! i think its written that they have WIFI but they dont!! They should work on this as well. The restaurant is really not that good, we ordered once and we regret!! they should bring professional chiefs or bring some indian chiefs. But overall the hotel is not too shabby, its good for one night and with your own food service.

Room Tip: Rooms are clean and nice as well, decoration is modern, its provided with a tray that has coffee onl...
  • Stayed: July 2011, traveled as a couple
GoldenTulipGM, General Manager at Golden Tulip Al Barsha, responded to this reviewResponded August 5, 2011

Dear 0oDreamero0,

I like to thank you for staying with us and for sharing your feedback.

As to the internet, we do indeed offer WIFI in all public areas, including restaurants, our sports bar and even the gym and recreation area. Rooms however are provided with high speed LAN connections and our Flamingo residences with WIFI too.

We have also addressed your comment of the food with our Indian Executive Chef and his team to pay upmost attention in maintaining high quality of all cuisines offered.

I trust to be able to welcoming you in person upon your next visit.

kind regards,

Reviewed August 4, 2011

I stayed at this good quality four star hotel for four nights recently, my stay was most enjoyable.

I stayed in one of the Flamingo suites which was very well equipped, living area with small kitchen, good sized bedroom and two TV's and DVD player.

This is ideally located being minutes from Mall of Emirates and the Metro.

I found the staff to be both helpful and pleasant. I would recommend this hotel to both business or pleasure travellers.

• Stayed: July 2011

Dear Pandas1,

We are pleased to hear that you had a 'excellent stay' in our hotel and I like to thank you for sharing that on Tripadvisor too.

i hope to see you back in our hotel in the near future.

Regards,

Reviewed July 31, 2011

Stayed at the golden Tulip Al Barsha for 8 nights with my 11 years old daugther. We got dropped at the wrong place as there is a Golden Tulip suites situated only 5 mn away. The hotel is in the middle of a building site but the all Dubai is a building site and we didn't really mind as we were away during the day. The staff were very helpfull and the room was very clean and comfortable. kamal from the breakfast buffet was brilliant and always happy to help. The breakfast was very good and rich. It was over all a very pleasant stay.

• Stayed: July 2011, traveled with family
1  Thank fontaine38
GoldenTulipGM, General Manager at Golden Tulip Al Barsha, responded to this reviewResponded August 1, 2011

Dear fontaine38,

I like to thank you for taking the time to write a review on tripadvisor.

As General Manager of the Golden Tulip Al Barsha hotel, I am pleased to hear that you enjoyed your stay with us. Kamal, our Restaurant Manager, indeed is a great member of our team, and we are very happy to have him working with us.

Hoping to have you stay with us again in future. Maybe at that time we have a chance to personally meet?

Best Regards,

Reviewed July 25, 2011

This hotel is good value money/quality. Al Barsha is good location. Around hotel is construction area and dust and sand everywhere. Good acces to Metro. Nice pool on roof and good night club. Expensive internet connection as ussual in Dubai.

• Stayed: March 2011, traveled on business

Dear hotelexpertise,

I like to take this opportunity to thank you for staying in Golden Tulip Al Barsha and for sharing your comments on Tripadvisor. Construction, unfortunately, is part of Dubai's every day life and we still have some construction going on in Al Barsha.

I have shared your comments with the team and am delighted that you find our hotel 'good value money/quality'.

I am looking forward to personally welcoming you on your next trip.

Kind regards,

Reviewed June 13, 2011

I arrived this hotel around 1:30am from the airport thinking I had a secured reservation from Agoda.com and the front office staff made me realised that from his attitude that the hotel is not user friendly. all the same i stayed back in the hotel from 6th june 2011 till the early hours of 10th June 2011.
The folloowing morning I told the house keeper to drop my clothes to the lundry at about 10:am and when I came back to the hotel in the evening I was told the clothes would be ready the following morning yet did not get back the clothings till the evening of the following day.
The layout of the room was okay and the house keeping staff were cheerful and dutiful and kept the room homely at all times of my stay.
The location of the hotel and the facilities are standard except that I did not feel the touch usually associated with a 4 Star hotel compared to the rate I pay per night. The worst part of it was that I could not watch CNN International throughout my stay in this hotel. I am not quite motivated to come back.
The hotel is quite, the cheerfulness of the room cleaners, the value for money of the Telepizza shop and the dutifulness of the driver that took me to the airport (though I paid the hotel for his service) are some of the memories I may want to keep. However, the duty staff that checked me in and checked me out on this trip need to be client friendly (even if Iam still going to pay for a service that is supposed to be complimentary his approach and presentation should have being more warm). I asked for an internet service to checked for the status of my reservation he made me pay for one hour that I don't quite need; when I was waiting for the driver to take me to the airport he offered that I take coffee at the restaurant but then it was not complimentary, I paid...that is too bad.

Bayo Oyelude
bayooyelude@hotmail.com
+2348078336931

Room Tip: 2nd floor and Above
  • Stayed: June 2011, traveled on business
GoldenTulipGM, General Manager at Golden Tulip Al Barsha, responded to this reviewResponded June 17, 2011

Dear Sir,

I like to thank you for taking the time to write your 'Do I love it?' review, which I have read shared with the team.

As to the laundry, we are using an outside company for this service and if not requested otherwise, all laundry given after 9.00am will be delivered the following day.

We provide news channels in several languages including BBC World for international news. based on your comment, we will review possibilities of also providing CNN.

I am looking forward to welcoming you at your next stay.