“Excellent staff friendly, hotel very clean .”

Tamani Hotel Marina
Ranked #238 of 556 Hotels in Dubai
Reviewed March 25, 2014

Cant fault any thing at hotel every one very polite and accommodating, hotel rooms cleaned every day new towels etc good place to stay walking distance from the marina and restaurants.only one thing to be aware of is transport there are private cars which are run by hotel and they try to rip you off even the guy outside who works for the hotel persuades you and assures you there isn't much difference, sometimes its almost double so be aware got stung twice ignore him go to a metered taxi which is always parked outside on the road and very cheap and clean inside and out

• Stayed: March 2014

Reviewed March 21, 2014

Shabby, tired, boring, dirty room. So small I could not even open the bar fridge door and had to bend over it to see what was inside. One side of the bed was the width of one pair of shoes, the other side was wide enough (just!) for a suitcase. Chair was stained, curtain equally. Shower curtain old and filthy, base of shower so small your body does not have room to move/turn in. Grouting on floor dirty, magazines left for my "enjoyment" had their pages stuck together and were a month old. The pillows were dirty. But saving grace(?!) the bed was comfortable.
However food was good and staff pleasant.

Room Tip: Don't stay there. Their advertising is misleading. I am certain there are 100 hotels much bette...
  • Stayed: March 2014, traveled solo
4  Thank desaintjean
welawa, General Manager at Tamani Hotel Marina, responded to this reviewResponded March 24, 2014

Dear valued guest,

It’s certainly distressing to know about your appalling experience. We have taken corrective measure at the front desk to ensure such incidents do not reoccur regardless of the issues.
Let me reiterate that it’s not at all Tamani standards of customer care and please accept our apologies for this one off incident. I would like to take this opportunity to offer you a two day stay at Tamani Hotel Marina to show case our hospitality and regain a valuable guest back. It will be my pleasure to handle you booking myself.

Looking forward to welcoming you back.

Reviewed March 19, 2014

checked in - was told last room for the hotel, had two people, only a single bed, asked for another bed - not possible - they gave us blankets and a pillow - contemplated what to do - then we went online and booked elsewhere, - checked out 20 mins later, was told had to pay for the whole night, i understand their policy however the staff were not very polite at all. We booked after reading good reviews and nice photos - we were given a room on the 3rd floor - it is old smelly and dirty, totally unacceptable for the class of hotel they claim to be. Suggest book somewhere else !

Room Tip: Avoid the low floor - suggest that the apartments on higher levels should be nicer ?
  • Stayed: March 2014, traveled as a couple
3  Thank Matt C
welawa, General Manager at Tamani Hotel Marina, responded to this reviewResponded March 23, 2014

Dear Valued Guest,

Thank you for the valuable comments, its indeed depressing to know that your stay was not satisfying. The room category you have booked was a single room located on the third floor and is good for only one person. However our two bedroom suites are really spacious. I would be more than happy to assist with your next booking at Tamani which would change your perception seeing the difference between the single and the two bedroom suites.

Reviewed March 17, 2014

I stayed with my family here and arrived 8 hours before check-in and was immediately given a room free of charge as I was with elderly family. They also have us a room on a higher floor overlooking the Palm after the first room was city facing. The hotel and staff are amazing, the roadworks is nothing to do with the hotel. I shall definitely be staying here again without a doubt !!. Mr Prakash Valambhia

• Stayed: March 2014
welawa, General Manager at Tamani Hotel Marina, responded to this reviewResponded December 1, 2014

Dear Valued Guest,

First and foremost, I would like to thank you for choosing Tamani as your second home in Dubai and it was truly a pleasure to serve you during your stay with us.

Tamani Family are all very pleased to read such feedback that expresses satisfaction with the service and facilities we have been offering you, as this is what we always strive to achieve and provide our valued guests.

There is nothing we love to hear more than our guests loving their experience with us! Guest satisfaction is our number one goal and there is nothing better than achieving that.

Once again, thank you. We hope to welcome you in the very near future at our hotel and remain with.

walid.alawa@tamanimarina.ae

Reviewed March 15, 2014

After reading the negative reviews on this Hotel I feel obliged to give you a positive review.
I stayed here from Monday 10th March till Friday the 14th. I had booked a single room on the 3rd floor as I was traveling alone. On check in I found the staff very friendly and efficient and was delighted to be upgraded to a 2 Bedroom suite free of charge. To be honest it was a bit of a waste as I only needed a room and shower as I was out sight seeing with my Daughter who lives in Dubai. Maybe the negative reviews were taking on board by the Hotel management hence the reason for the upgrade. The construction work on roads and paths in the vicinity are for the laying of new tram tracks to improve public transport and is not any fault of the Hotel. The location is a ten minute walk from Dubai Marina a bustling area full of interesting things to do and plenty of really nice places to eat. its a short taxi ride to Mall of the Emirates and Dubai Mall should cost you no more than 50 aed about 10 euro. Taxi's here are regulated and metered and a cheap form of Transport. Personally I would return to this Hotel.

• Stayed: March 2014, traveled solo
welawa, General Manager at Tamani Hotel Marina, responded to this reviewResponded March 17, 2014

Dear Valued Guest,

Warm Greetings from TAMANI Marina Hotel and Hotel Apartment!

Thank you for your great feedback. We appreciate your compliments towards the service that you received from our team members who in their own unique ways made you feel welcomed and cared for.

Once again thank you for your overall positive comments and I am glad that you would consider staying with us again.

We hope to welcome you in the very near future at our hotel and remain with.

walid.alawa@tmanimarina.ae

Reviewed March 3, 2014

I'm actually much more upset with Hotwire than the hotel itself. Hotwire advertised this as a 5-star Marina property under its secret hot rates, which means the hotel's name is not revealed until payment. While I'm usually reticent to book a secret hotel, I've landed a few good deals under this scheme before, so I took the plunge. Once the name was revealed to me, I immediately looked at Tripadvisor and read the reviews, many of which were quite negative. Even though I was not very happy, all purchases are final, so I was stuck.
I decided to walk from the Nakheel Metro station to the hotel, but, as I learned later, went the long way and got caught up in the tramway construction. Once I arrived, the front desk pointed out the better route, which I used when I left. The man who checked me in was very personable and efficient. It wasn't until I got to the infamous third-floor room that I understood why people assigned to these closet-sized chambers ( see pics) might be upset. It definitely bore no resemblance to any 5-star hotel room I've ever stayed in. As has been previously stated, the rooms are quite compact, the electrical wiring all exposed, the single towel soiled (as was the only chair) and the shower something out of youth hostels I used to stay in circa 1970. In addition, the soundproofing both between rooms and via the windows was poor, especially noticeable since I was facing a torn-up intersection on Al-Sufouh Road. It seems that this hotel caters to Arab families and has large apartments which they tend to favor. Since I didn't see those, or use any of the hotels other facilities, I can only comment on what I got, which, in my estimation, was very basic, maybe 2-star accommodation and didn't even measure up to the level of a Motel 6. That Hotwire would market this as a 5-Star room and charge more than I would have paid to stay in a nicer 2-3-star property (Ibis, Holiday Inn Express, etc) I find reprehensible.

Room Tip: don't get stuck on the infamous third floor
  • Stayed: February 2014, traveled solo
3  Thank Musqat
welawa, General Manager at Tamani Hotel Marina, responded to this reviewResponded March 6, 2014

Dear Valued Guest,

First of all I would like to thank you for taking time to comment on your recent stay at TAMANI Marina Hotel and the services rendered. We highly value your opinion for process of continuous improvement and as a base for making our guests stay more enjoyable every time.

In regards to your feedback, I would like to inform you that we disclose proper information to our entire booking engine with facilities and services we offered.
It is evident that it wasn’t the Hotel error. We always match the original room type booked. The room you have had booked which is the “single room – categorized as 2*” is mainly designed for solo traveler and exclusively located on the third floor. As stated, the room is stylishly appointed comes equipped with a flat-screen TV, a mini bar, private bathroom has a shower and a hairdryer. We do not offer the kitchen facility in our single room; however this facility is available on our next category of room offering a five star ambience, facilities and services.

I hope you would overlook this misunderstanding as a one off case and give us an opportunity to serve you in the future visit.

With pleasure, I remain to your attention in case you would like to make any additional remarks, or for any further inquiries and assistance.

walid.alawa@tamanimarina.ae

Reviewed March 2, 2014

We stayed at a two-bedroom suite on the 35th floor. We had a view of the horizon (as promised), but unfortunately not the ocean. The suite was huge, with two bedrooms, a large living room, four bathrooms and a kitchen. It was OK, but by no means luxurious. One of the bathrooms was dirty, with loads of hair in the bathtub.

The 4th floor gym was not too bad for a hotel gym, with Technogym machines and some free weights. The outdoor pool was pretty, but always seemed to be in the shadow of some skyscraper. Fortunately, there was a nice beach club across the street were we could enjoy the sun.

We found the hotel to be nothing out of the ordinary, but it was a good deal if you need both bedrooms.

• Stayed: February 2014, traveled as a couple